DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Band Idol (BotRH DM Tour) --> The Ogier ORG (2nd Leg)

Corki

Welcome! Bonjour! Salvete! This is the second leg of the Band of the Red Hand's tour of DM - our reality show thread called Band Idol. Yes, it is based on the popular TV series that now has international fame.

Each week between the beginning of September and the end of October, the show visits each of the ORGs here at DM. And the Wolfkin have the special honour of being the first ORG on the tour.

Throughout the week here, Banders will turn up and fun and games will hopefully spark between us and our tutfy-eared friends. However, come Thursday, we get down to the nitty-gritty business part of the show. The Band's 3 Regiments (the Archers, the Cavalry and the Infantry) are fighting it out for your votes as well as those of the Band's Senior Staff, who are the judges. That is currently myself and BridMorgan as we had to boot off Taymist. Something about a resignation and a clash of personalities. I personally don't think she could cut the mustard with judging high quality work!  :P

On Thursday, the three Regiments will post Jak O' the Shadow verses on a selected theme. Then, once all the verses have been posted, you, the members of the Ogier ORG, will get to have your say as you decide which is the best. The Regiment that accumulates the most votes wins the public vote, and gains 4 points; 2nd picks up 2 points, and 3rd 1 point. The points are the same for the judges. And all these points are added up over the show, and the Regiment that gains the most points wins the show as well as valuable points for our Bi-Monthly Regimental Competition, to see which Regiment is the best.

PLEASE NOTE: Band Members who are also Ogier members cannot vote. I know who you are, so don't cheat!  :P Unless you can come up with a valid excuse why you should be excused!

Now, we are still waiting for the results from the first show at the Wolfkin. I think they are being lazy and prefering their chilli and TQ instead of doing some work. However, for a review of last week's performances from the Band's three Regiments, where the theme was Wolves and the Wolfkin, click here.

Also, during our time here, we will invite you to take part in our weekly Tune or No Tune thread. All you need to do is vote whether the chosen song is a Tune (i.e. you love it) or a No Tune (i.e. you hate it). It's very simple - feel free to comment as well. We hold this thread weekly, so feel free to come by and get involved. For an example, here is the thread from the Wolfkin ORG - it was Smooth Criminal by Michael Jackson.

Finally, for all Banders, Band Law applies. So if you are lucky enough, you may see a public trial on the Band's boards here!  ;)

Also, you are more than welcome to visit the tour as we go around DM!

I really hope that you enjoy your visit and look forward to seeing you take part in our activities and future legs of the tour!

Thanks for the welcome! :) Below are a few activities we hold weekly and recently.

I have got the latest weekly Tune or No Tune thread up. To participate, click on this link here or check it out on the Ogier public board.

Also, while we are at it, the Band have voted in the 3rd/4th place play-off and the final of our recent Battle of the Bands competition. Now, I am opening up the voting to each of the ORGs at DM as we visit. And if you are a Ogier-Bander, you can vote again! ;)

- GRAND FINAL (Johnny Cash vs. The Beatles)

- 3rd/4th PLAY OFF (Bob Marley vs. Aretha Franklin)

We look forward to your votes and seeing if you agree with the original vote!

Yay!  more opportunity to look crazy.  :-X

*Archer Sam approaches Ogier Sam and has his hand engulfed in a mighty handshake*

How are you today fine Ogier?

Well, and yourself little archer?  How goes the war against the shadow?

We fight the battle daily, wether in combat or preperation. How about some ale?

A splendid idea....I think a Sunkist ale would suit well. 

*Looks at the others looking back at him*.....WHAT?!?  Don't look at us like that.  Can't we have a civil conversation.  :P

*shrieks* What do you mean "couldn't cut the mustard"?

*flounces and tosses hair* Have you ever tried cutting mustard with a fork Muppet?  :P *smashes glass of water on the ground in disgust* You'll be lost without me to keep you straight, just wait and see. Muppet and Daftie... recipe for disaster  ;D BIASED that's what you are.

*turns to the crowd*

Keep a CLOSE eye on them... watch them... they CHEAT!!  :-X :P :D

Welcome all Banders!  May the Peace of the Stedding be upon you all.  ;)

For those of you who don't know me, I'm Kelly the Ogier Org Leader.  We're all so pleased to have you visit our fine Stedding.  Please enjoy our many kinds of ale, our tabac, buy some sung wood, or just enjoy the scenery while you're here.  ;D  We're also having our Annual Ogier Pentathalon at the moment, so please feel free to ogle the Ogier girls in sexy bikinis.  ;)

I'm so glad you're all here, and again, enjoy your stay!

*watches Tay's tirade for a bit*

Feel better now Sis?  That was quite impressive.  I give it a 9 out of 10.  Would have been a bit better had you had actually hit someone with the glass of water.  :P  ;D

Thanks for the welcome Kelly!  ;D

Ah was jist in th' wey o change 'at water tae guinny, but mah funay pirate powers dornt seem tae be workin' haur. Blasted lucky mah sis, sae she is.

Ahoy OGIER!! Good for ya's ta' be a seein' me. Although m'riggin's feelin' all loose and unseamanlike. *takes a pull off the Beat Up Ol Rum Flask* Arrrrrr.. thas' better.  ;D

So heres our JotS verse for this week We hope you all like it its a group effort and we all enjoy doing it!!

A lost hero

Long ago a tale was born,

RJ's vision brought it along,

It is a sad day now he's gone,

To mourn with Jak O' the Shaddows.

The man who gave light to our Band,

lies sheltered in the Creator's hand,

so together give thanks, let's stand,

before we dance with Jak O' the Shadows.

If not for his tale, The Wheel of Time

There'd be no Red Hand Band, sublime

No Band of th' Red Hand exploits to rhyme

And no dance with Jak o' th' Shadows.

So tip a mug to our dear RJ

For his tale we read from night till day

Untold hours we while away

And dream of dancing with Jak o' th' Shadows

Archived