DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

So what should I buy when I get paid?

Taya

I have had a rather skint few weeks, due to way too much fun in my life (including a birthday where I didn't scrimp at all!)

I know a few things I have to buy when I get paid. One of them is...

THE WOT CALENDAR!

Another thing is...

A BOTTLE OF WINE!

Gosh, I really am missing that evening tipple. Sigh.

Umm, what else? Maybe some more X-Files seasons. I finished season 1 and have had to wait all this time with no more to watch...

Anymore suggestions??

Wait, I also have to send postage to Cleo so she can send me my free drawing tablet (not a Wacom, but a start).

PAY DAY...is only about 1 week away. The weeks have seemed very long, though ;)

MOAR BOOKS.  Not.. that that sort of answer coming from me should be any sort of surprise.

I did pick up the WoT calendar; can't wait until next year starts so I can give it a proper look-over.

I don't even know what the WoT calendar is.... lol I know I know, im a bad Head. Sue me :p

Definately that bottle of wine, Taya.

I don't know if you're a lotr fan, but if so, I'd definately recommend the dvd collection (extended version, of course) ;)

low budget: pamper the Taya with love!

Ingredients:

- favorite bath oil or salt

- comfy nighty or relaxing clothing

- collection of favorite munchings

- one of the books on your wish list

- create cd with favorite music

- get comfy blankie and/or big huge comfy pillows

- one (or more) of the dvd's on your wish list

- several scented, nice colored candles

- turn off cell, doorbell, computer and shoo out any unwelcoming guests

Implementation: Taya evening!!

Quality-wise, there is no difference between bottle and bag. If anything, the bag guarantees maintained quality if you do not finish it in one night, since it does not let any air in.

Though, for the fancier wines I still stick to bottles. But that might be because I cold not possibly afford a bag (which is the same as four bottles)...

Let's just say that in the States?  I've yet to see anything that would pass as decent wine in bag-form... hence my opinion on the matter.  For all I know, there could be good bag wine.  Not that I can drink much anyways, considering how quickly it goes to my head :/

According to my brother 'the wine expert', we have some very good wines here in the States, but you won't find them for sale at the local grocery or liquor store, (which is the only place I can afford to shop unfortunately).  He makes a bunch more money than I do. *pouts*

Not that it makes much difference. I can't drink alchohol; it puts me to sleep. I only cook with it. ;D

as a fan of the X-files, i have to say NEW SEASON!!!!!!!!!!!!!

if your a DD fan, the first season of Califonication is out; the new series with him in it.  *nods suggestively* hes very hott for an old guy

honestly, what i suggest is more conservative.  divid your extra money up into three equal shares.  if it's $30 extra, divid it into 3 seperate piles of $10 each.

1st pile is for Savings.  money you put away for a rainy day or emergancy;

2nd Pile is for Charity or Investments.  to donate to at the end of the month or year.  or to invest with by sticking it in a CD at the end of a the Year or in a IRA or buying Leins or Properties with.

3rd pile is for spending on goods now. 

^ :)  tankies, i have my moments.  this is just from me actually listening to advice given to me through building wealth  where the 3 piles are Savings, Tiving, and Investments.  one of the fundamentals, R.K. teaches in RDPD :)

I can definitely buy more books, though i already have a pile of unread ones waiting to be lurved. Hehe.

A bottle of wine???

You amateur, go with a 3-litre bag-in-box, lasts a wee bit longer ;D

As for what else to buy, there should always be a cool concert so you can feed your tinnitus ;D

I have to pace myself due to being on a big budget. Did I mention I'll buy a carton of beer too? hehe. It is a lot more economical (and no, I'm not one of those people who drinks more when i have more to drink).

I really like the pampering evening thing, but I don't have a bath...so that option's out. Umm, I wouldn't mind going to a movie actually. I haven't been in a while. I haven't seen The Dark Knight yet, I would like to *g* I think that'd cost me about $30 for the ticket & the choc bomb ;)

I also have my savings deposits/etc. factored into my budget already...but I want to save for a laptop by November. And to do that, I think I won't have as much fun money to squander as I had planned on...

But at the very least I NEED a bottle of wine. ;)

Well, either way I'll be drinking too much wine some of the time - for me, 2 glasses on a schoolnight makes me feel a bit seedy the next day at work ;)

I must say that my alcohol-free time didn't make me feel any better as a person, physically or mentally, so that's good to know. :D

Oh, and just a note about books - they are pretty expensive here, like double the U.S. price, so I would only be able to buy one or two and that would take up my whole entertainment budget :)

Nice suggestion, however I am not the type of person to buy anything that requires that much effort :) I guess I do have kitties, they require effort...but they might eat my fishies!

So as I told Jade earlier (she's the first to knowaside from my friends at Open Diary) I am typing from a laptop!!! a new one! yes. it's all mine. I haven't paid a single cent towards it yet, but I only got it a few hours ago. I am also gazing over at this massive computer screen I bought to go with it, so I don't have to be confined to a tiny laptop screen.

So, now that I'm a Mac girl...can anyone help me out with the 'home' key?? i don't think there is one, but is there an equivalent? and the 'end' key is useful too :)

Guest nephitess

OOoooo... awesome Taya!!! I hope you get it figured out... I have no idea how to work a Mac. :P

*snuggles Masta* ;)

Archived