DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The Olympics - Beijing 2008

Majsju

And the first scandal of the games is a fact, when Swedish wrestler Ara Abrahamian is robbed of a place in the final of a referee that was either bribed, or completely unaware of how the rules actually work.

I feel quite proud that he during the price ceremony tossed his bronze on the ground and walked out.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And the first scandal of the games is a fact, when Swedish wrestler Ara Abrahamian is robbed of a place in the final of a referee that was either bribed, or completely unaware of how the rules actually work.

I feel quite proud that he during the price ceremony tossed his bronze on the ground and walked out.

Every competition in the Olympics that have a judges are total rubbish and biased.

I am following the hockey in the main, but only get to watch the GB matches as the BBC is rubbish and Eurosport ain't showing the other games. So disappointing. Can't wait until 2012 when I will try and watch as many hockey games as I can live.

Sadly, the more information that leaks, the more obvious it becomes that Abrahamian did not lose against another wrestler, but against a large amount of Euros.

Kudos to the Canadian ref who tried to stand up against the bribed ones.

And what about the boxing tie between the Brit and the Chinese?? I know we Brits aren't happy about that.

Aside from that, it's been quite a good start for us Brits. I am predicting a nice medal haul over the weekend.

9.69...Bloody hell!!!

And todays heroic moment, in the football tournament  Belgium had one player sent off, and got their 1st keeper injured so the reserve had to be subbed in. Against Italy, one of the favourites to win the entire tournament. And Belgium still managed to win with 3-2. Bravo.

And todays heroic moment, in the football tournament  Belgium had one player sent off, and got their 1st keeper injured so the reserve had to be subbed in. Against Italy, one of the favourites to win the entire tournament. And Belgium still managed to win with 3-2. Bravo.

We couldn't keep on losing, could we

I ams till a bit shocked by Bolts 9.69 on 100 meters. Especially since he slowed down about 10 meters from the finishing line. Just how fast can he run?

And now it will be extremely interesting to see him run 200 meters. Michael Johnsons "unbeatable" 19.32 from 96 looks like it might be soundly beaten, since Bolt is just as good, if not better on the longer distance, and the tracks in Beijing are extremely fast. First man under 19 seconds?

We are total Olympic junkies at my house.  Our only complaint is that American TV doesn't show enough of the other countries competing, except late at night on cable channels.  With that in mind, can anyone tell me how the Australian Women's Beach Volleyball team did?  My daughter was mightily impressed by Tamsen Barnett, but we never heard how they did after the first match.  I'd look it up, but my home computer is super-slow, and anything sports related is blocked at work.

Two great moments today...

First Isinbayeva at the medal ceremony. She is so dominant in her sport that it is almost ridicilous, and sets world records at will. And still, the olympic gold meant so much to her. Her tears of joy will be one of the best meories from these games.

Second, Usian Bold humiliating the rest of the field in the 200 meter semi final. He strolled over the line as if the race was just a relaxed training session. I am really looking forward to see what he can do if he goes 100% in the final.

Phew!

He bloody did it! Bolt beat Johnsons "impossible" world record. 19.30 on 200.

Two finals, two world records. And he is just 21!

Might as well turn off the telly now, everything else fades next to what Usain Bolt has done. Bloody hell...

i thought all the countries were wearing the same suit material for the swimming.

Nope. Everyone who can spare 500 € for a swimming suit which only lasts about 1 race; and was already sponsored by Speedo, or could change its contract to them before the games. Those are the only ones who had a decent chance for the finals.

And still no Belgian medals... :(

lol, you were right thorum. dq's every where. after the race where the second place american was disqualified, did they go back and dq the other guy who ran on the line?

also, you'd think the americans would figure out how to hand off to just about any one instead of handing off to only one partner. *sigh*

still, how about that beach volley ball? the men's last night put me to sleep during the third set, but i woke up in time to hear we won the gold to match the women's.

also, wonder how the now official investigation on the chinese gymnast's passports is going to go. i'm glad they finally took the step to investigate. cheaters don't deserve medals and non-cheaters don't deserve the bad press.

Thank you Jamaica and America for letting the stick drop. First medal for Belgium :D

Both our men and our women dropped the stick.  What an embarrasment!  I've run in relays before, and we always practiced the handoffs to perfection.

Archived