DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The Olympics - Beijing 2008

Majsju

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And Usain Bolt helped Jamaica to gold and a new world record in 4x100 meters...Talk about the king of the Olympics.

As for the suspicion of a Chinese gymnast being underage...One thing that I do not get is why they would do such a thing. All the commentators I have heard have pointed out that it takes time to train the body for the extreme challenges gymnatsics puts on it, so sending an underage athlete seems quite stupid.

And quite an impressive tournament in table tennis for Swedens Jörgen Pettersson. The guy is 42(!), and will be playing for third place. With the fixation on youth that is going on in some places, it is good to see someone still going strong after 40. Rumour has it that after the semifinal, he hooked up with Haile gebresalassie to go and play bingo... ;D

Tomorrow will be an important day. There is not much time to overtake Norway in the medals, and a gold in the javelin would do wonders.  ;D

Too bad Norway won the gold in the javelin. ;D

Can't complain, Thorkildsen deserved the win.

Though the handball win pretty much decided the medal table I guess, the last medal chance for Finland is the marathon, and you wouldn't exactly have bet too much on that...

Archived