DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Egwene Dreams in COS

deathgate

In COS chapter Unseen Eyes, Egwene has some dreams at the end. I don't remember any discussions on some of these.

A golden hawk stretched out it's wing and touched her., and she and the hawk were tied together somehow; all she knew was that the hawk was female.

A man lay dying in a narrow bed, and it was important he not die, yet outside a funeral pyre was being built, and voices raised songs of joy and sadness.

A dark young man held an object in his hand that shone so brightly she could not see what it was.

Could the hawk be Berelain? Maybe the light is Mat with half the light of the world?

Guest Dreadlord

A man lay dying in a narrow bed, and it was important he not die, yet outside a funeral pyre was being built, and voices raised songs of joy and sadness.

A dark young man held an object in his hand that shone so brightly she could not see what it was

UNQUOTE

The man who is dying I reckon is Rand, and he is on with the dying and living thing. Egwene doesnt know he must die ti live, does she?

And I am pretty sure the dark young man is Narishma holding Callandor

I think the Hawk is Tuon

I thought Tuon was a raven. Perrin has a falcon and a hawk on his shoulders so I thought maybe the golden hawk was Berelain. Never heard of her linked in any way to Egwene so thought it was interesting if so. Maybe the whole gang shows up at the White Tower.

Hmmm... a good point. What do the prophecies or the more recent visions/dreams/foretellings say about Perrin? Anything that might tie him to the danger that is quickly approaching the White Tower?

I think it could be a possibility, since he needs something to do in the next book and I doubt that dealing with Morgase and her son leading the White Cloaks (I always forget/mix up his name...) will be ALL he has to do.

Hmmm... a good point. What do the prophecies or the more recent visions/dreams/foretellings say about Perrin? Anything that might tie him to the danger that is quickly approaching the White Tower?

I think it could be a possibility, since he needs something to do in the next book and I doubt that dealing with Morgase and her son leading the White Cloaks (I always forget/mix up his name...) will be ALL he has to do.

Here is every dream of Egwene's I can find with Perrin in it:

TDR CH 25

Perrin with a falcon on his shoulder, and Perrin with a hawk. Only the hawk held a leash in her talons - Egwene was somehow convinced both hawk and falcon were female - and the hawk was trying to fasten it around Perrin's neck.

Perrin - with a beard! - leading a huge pack of wolves that stretched as far as the eye could see.

TDR CH 37

Perrin with a wolf, and with a falcon, and a hawk - and the falcon and the hawk fighting.

Perrin running from someone deadly.

Perrin stepping willingly over the edge of a towering cliff while saying, "It must be done. I must learn to fly before I reach the bottom."

An Aiel, and she thought that had to do with Perrin, too.

TDR CH 48

Perrin with a falcon on his shoulder.

Perrin choosing between that axe he wore now and a blacksmith's hammer

TSR CH 11

A wolf - she was sure it was Perrin, though - fighting a man whose face kept changing.

TFoH CH 15

Perrin, lounging with Faile on his lap, kissing her while she played with the short-cut beard he wore in the dream. Behind them two banners waved, a red wolf's head and a crimson eagle. A man in a bright yellow coat stood near to Perrin's shoulder, a sword strapped to his back; in some way she knew that he was a Tinker, though no Tinker would even touch a sword. And every bit of it except the beard seemed important. The banners, Faile kissing Perrin, even the Tinker. Every time he moved closer to Perrin it was as if a chill of doom shot through everything.

LOC CH 15

Perrin came and stood before her, a wolf lying at his feet, a hawk and a falcon perched on his shoulders glaring at each other over his head. Seemingly unaware of them, he kept trying to throw away that axe of his, until finally he ran, the axe floating through the air, chasing him.

Again Perrin; he turned away from a Tinker and ran, faster and faster though she called for him to come back

TPoD CH 15

Perrin and a Tinker, frenziedly hacking their way through brambles with axe and sword, unaware of the cliff that lay ahead. And the brambles screamed with human voices they did not hear.

Here are Perrin's Wolf Dreams

TDR,Ch43

A tall, slender man in richly embroidered coat and boots with gold fringe; most of the time he held what seemed to be a sword, shining like the sun, and laughed triumphantly. Sometimes the man sat on a throne, and kings and queens groveled before him. These felt strange, as if they were not really his dreams at all.

He is on a high stone spire. A window opens and he sees Mat rattling a dice cup. His opponent stared at Mat with eyes of fire. Mat did not seem to see the man, but Perrin knew him. Ba'alzamon.

Another window opens - Egwene and Nynaeve and Elayne stood looking at a huge metal cage, with a raised door held on a heavy spring. They stepped in and reached up together to loose the catch. The barred door snapped down behind them. A woman with her hair all in braids laughed at them, and another woman all in white laughed at her.

TSR,Ch28

Rand stood amid swirling stormwinds, laughing wildly, even madly, arms upraised, and on the winds rode small shapes, gold-and-scarlet, like the strange figure on the Dragon Banner; hidden eyes watched Rand, and there was no telling whether he knew it.

Nynaeve and Elayne stalked cautiously through a demented landscape of twisted, shadowed buildings, hunting some dangerous beast.

Mat, standing where a road forked ahead of him. He flipped a coin, started down one branch, and suddenly was wearing a wide-brimmed hat and walking with a staff bearing a short sword blade.

Egwene and a woman with long white hair were staring at him in surprise while behind them the White Tower crumbled stone by stone.

TSR,Ch53

Egwene stood among a crowd of women, fear in her eyes; slowly the women knelt around her. Nynaeve was one of them, and he believed he saw Elayne's red-gold hair.

Mat stood naked and bound, snarling; an odd spear with a black shaft had been thrust across his back behind his elbows, and a silver medallion, a foxhead, hung on his chest.

Perrin thought it was Rand. He wore rags and a rough cloak, and a bandage covered his eyes.

The hawk is either Tuon or the seanchan woman supposed to help Egwene when the seanchan attacks the WT.

The golden hawk is the symbol of the seanchan Blood.

The hawk has represented Berelain in earlier dreams, but there is really nothing important that connects her and Egwene.

The dying man...Quite a few to pick from.

The young man is indeed Narishma with Callandor.

Guest Dreadlord

Maybe the dying man is Bashere. Min had that viewing didnt she, when she said "If he turns against you or dies..." and left it hanging. And the man in Egwenes dream is important, its important that he lives, yet coming to think about it I doubt it is Rand because Rand is 99% of the time identified immediately, as is Mat and Perrin, so if it was Rand then Egwene would probably have known.

The hawk is either Tuon or the seanchan woman supposed to help Egwene when the seanchan attacks the WT.

The hawk has represented Berelain in earlier dreams, but there is really nothing important that connects her and Egwene.

Ah, thanks for that. I hoped someone knew if the "golden" changed it from Bereleain who I also thought didn't fit the intention of the dream.

What do the prophecies or the more recent visions/dreams/foretellings say about Perrin? Anything that might tie him to the danger that is quickly approaching the White Tower?

Well I believe Min viewed him and said that twice he had to save Rand. He has so far only done it once and there is only the one book left. Rand has his eyes bandaged now so could someone take him prisoner again and Perrin recues again or does he just show up at the last battle and that fulfills the viewing? I have always been wary of the Borderlanders and their Aes Sedai as Rand surely must meet up with them soon.

The dying man...Quite a few to pick from.

The young man is indeed Narishma with Callandor.

Artur Paendrag Tanreall: His sign was a golden hawk in flight. TEotW,Glossary

Luthair Paendrag Mondwin: His banner was a golden, spread-winged hawk clutching lightning bolts. TGH CH 34

Thats all I could find about golden hawks, I could have missed some.

``Thats all I could find about golden hawks, I could have missed some.''

See <i>Knife of Dreams</i>, Ch. 34, ``A Cup of Kaf'', page 706, the hardcover edition, where Karede, entering the Seanchan camp in east central Altara, sees three flagstaffs, one with the Imperial banner: blue border around a ``spread-winged golden hawk clutching lightning in its talons''. So, Luthair Paendrag's banner became the imperial banner, rather as one might expect.

Archived