DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Intro threads count towards WS?

Talavin

I was just reading Syl´s progress, cuz I´m a lurker like that, and I just realized that I was under the impression that the Intro thread was required, but it dídn´t actually raise your WS. From what I remember of the offsite, it´s not that clear, so anyone know the deal about this? ???

it counts towards ws 1 if you start on 0, if you say started on ws 4 then no its not mandatory unless they changed it and made it an aditional mandatory req regardless of ws level u start on

most choose to do them in some way or another though just cause its a good rp opertunity covering an important aspects of the chars life

unless something changed...which in case the staff is more qualified to answer

but anyhow how it used to be is that the intro was a req from ws 0 to 1

so it was required...IF you started with a ws = 0

if you started with a ws=1 it was not required, this how it used to be when i started out...wheter that has changed in 3-4 years time i have no clue about really

Um, no unless things changed since the last change.  The Trainees are required to do two threads... intro and your end essay.  If you start with WS 4 you only do these two threads.  If you start at WS of 0 you do those two plus additional ones.

the intro thread should count towards your WS increase ALWAYS.

Trainees WS 0 to 6

0-1 – 1 requirement fulfilled (will know Basic movements and be physically fit at completion)

1-2 – 1 requirement fulfilled (will know their philosophy of choice at completion)

2-3 – 1 requirement fulfilled (will know Basic Forms at completion)

3-4 – 1 requirement fulfilled (will have basic survival skills at completion)

4-5 – 1 requirement fulfilled (will know Intermediate Forms at completion)

5-6 – Final Steps

Mandatory

1. Your Arrival - This thread should be your first thread as a Warder Member. You must meet at least one Division member PC. Did you find the yards easily or did you get lost? What are your first impressions? You may meet up with the Mistress of Trainees, your roommate(s) and/or your mentor but it is not required. 5 posts minimum

2. Final Steps - This is your last requirement. To complete your training you need to submit an essay of at least 300 words explaining your characters experience in the training grounds, how they adapted to the life of a trainee from their old status as well as their fighting style. The fighting style may be of your own creation or taken from one of the various disciplines or paths avaialbe in our World Lore section. Remember paths and disciplines are not required. You will also need to tell us why you have chosen your philosphy, since we no longer require you to take the class this shows us you have considered them for your character and that it is not just a random choice to fill requirements. The last and final thing you need to include in your essay are three choices of weapons, you need to indicate which one is your primary, secondary and tetirary weapons and why you have chosen them. Please send your essay to warders.mot@gmail.com.

Choice

1. Evalutation - In this RP you will meet at least one other PC Division member and evaluate your worth to be in the yards. This can be a friendly competition between your character and another trainee or can be something more formal like a Tower Guard assessing your physical fitness, sword play etc. 5 posts minimum

2. Conflicts - You will encounter two other members of the white tower or the warders divsion. A conflict will arise and you will be challenged to resolve the conflict. The conflict may be between the two other PC characters or between yourself and someone else with the third being the moderator. 7 posts minimum

3. Challenge - In this RP you will encounter one other PC member of either the White Tower or the Warders Division. In this RP you will show how your character over comes challeneges. What the challenge is is up to your character, it can range anywhere from someone challenging your knowledge of the game of stones to something more mundane as a challenge to drink competition. In the RP you must show your characters willingness to overcome the challenge. 5 posts minimum

4. Responsibility - You will encounter 2 other PCs. In this RP you will be tasked with some respnosiblity that you must carry through till the end. Remember you are not allowed outside of Tar Valon with out a Tower Guard, you MAY leae the city for this task but you MUST take a Tower Guard with you. 10 posts minimum

5. Survival - This is not to be taken as the survival elective. This is not city survival or wilderness survival but survival in battle. This will be a test of your skills as a warrior. In this RP you will encounter one other PC division member who maintains a higher weapon score than you do. You will test your skills against the person. You will show that no matter what happens you have the perseverance to survive and live on to protect the tower or your Aes Sedai another day. Whether you choose to flee or fight is up to you.

6. Elective 1 – choose any of the classes provided by the Warders to complete a requirement

7. Elective 2 – choose any of the classes provided by the Warders to complete a requirement may not be the same requirement as Elective 1.

No where are you required to do anything in any order except upon arrival do your arrival thread and the last thread is your essay.

Mandatory means just that mandatory even if you aren't WS 0 or 1.

Mat

It seems that the point has changed since I had left.  So as of right now after talking with Eqwina the Intro doesn't count.  But staff is duscussing this so you never know what it'll be down the line.

Mat

*winks* Maybe by tomorrow it will count for all your reqs *cackles*(kidding!!) We like to keep you on your toes and guessing  :-*

As Mat said, the staff is talking about it since their was some confusion. We'll let you know 8)

Ummm... I have a few threads that I need to do before making WS five... can I not have mine count towards my WS? ;)

I'm sure no one will have a problem with you doing more rp than is required.  I'd probably just mention in your raising reqs when you want a thread to not count towards WS increase.

actualy even simpler Q, you only report the RPs that fullfill reqs, the staff really dont run around looking through your rps to figure out if you done reqs or not ;) you have to point them to where you want them *s*

technically that's not allowed :P  You are suppose to do them in order and not do another till you get credit, but it's not something that is 100% watched.  But technically you aren't allowed to do that.  And I don't think there are rules to say that anymore, but I really don't know cause I've not read everything in a LONG time.