DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

OP scores

Segurant

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay I'm moving this along.  First You need to read this page on how the OP score works.

http://digitalglitch.org/drpsw/index.php?title=One_Power_System

Those who have posted, here are your OP Allocated points and Skill and Potency

Tavon Zaralyn - 33/34/34

Cain Ddraiglyn - 31/28/28

Tsingtao Ming - 37/25/25

Before your OP Score is official, I need to see your distribution for Fire, Earth, Air, Water, and Spirit.

Remember as a Soldier you going get to distribute 1/3 of your points.  You get to distribute another 1/3 when you reach Dedicated, and the rest of your points when you reach Asha'man.

For instance, Tsingtao is a Soldier so my starting scores will be Full score in ()

Fire - 4 ( 9 )

Earth - 3 ( 8 )

Air - 2 ( 5 )

Water - 1 ( 5 )

Spirit - 2 ( 6 )

so far my strength is 12 overall once I am at full strength will be 33.

Once i get your distribute, will your OP Score be final.

Questions, Comments?

Um, Potency is the sum of Str and Skill together. So Cain's Potency is 59, for an example.

I will edit this with my scores in a bit or tonight. I usually play with degrees based on skill. What I mean is like my Dreadie, he has 29 skill so as a first level CoS'er I play him with about 10 skill. The weaves are easier to look at if you pay attention to the skill reqs then both str and skill, imo. Just the way I do it. ;)

Ok, scores at max rank are: F=8, E=5, S=8, A=4, W=4. 29 str, 28 skill, 57 potency ( 31 buying points for str).

• 2 weeks later...

Just out of curiousity how exactly are the OP scores decided upon.  I know or at least think I read that they are somehow based on your bio.  Is their some kind of guide that the person assigning the scores follows or is it a roll of the dice or some other way?

Thanks!

When your bio is approved, you are given two randomly generated numbers (usually within two numbers, say 23 and 34). One nukber is your rskill, while the other is your strength. You use your strength as buying points to gain the OP breakdown. (Each div with chanellers has a chart on it's offsite) The stronger you want to be in a certain element, the more it costs(after a point). For a male, an 8 in Earth costs you 8 of your total strength, while a 9 in Earth would cost 10.

It's totally up to you where your element scores go.

No problem.

*grimaces at all the spelling mistakes I made and didn't see earlier*

haha I do that all the time.  I know it is back asswards but I don't proofread my posts until after I hit the post/submit button.  It really hurts on forums that don't allow you to edit your posts. :-[

Who still needs their initial OP scores?

*Raises hand*

Char: Geirrin Hale

Thanks!

You have 43 buying points.  your skill will be 28.  As soon as you distribute your points give me the breakdown so I can apply your stats.

Ok with 43 buying points my Final scores will be:

Fire   = 8 (8 pts)

Earth  = 8 (8 pts)

Air    = 7 (9 pts)

Water  = 6 (7 pts)

Spirit = 8 (10 pts)

(42 pts spent)

So I guess my starting stats would be:

Fire   = 3 (8 )

Earth  = 3 (8 )

Air    = 2 (7 )

Water  = 2 (6 )

Spirit = 3 (8 )

I hope I did this right. 

Yes that was completely unexpected.  Before I received my score I used the lowest possible score to see what I could do with it.  That way if I received anything higher it would be a pleasant surprise, needless to say I was more than pleasantly surprised.  Now I just need people to revive some of the posts so I can develop him.  ;)

I spent my points in order to get the maximum amount of weaves though my skill limits me a bit.  If someone rediscovers some of the lost weaves then I will be in business though my lack of adequate skill will make it diffcult to weave them with any consistency.  Even so someone better discover them or discover a talent for creating new ones.  Perhaps there is an angreal or ter'angreal that can increase skill. ;D

Yes Jehaine our chars would make quite a pair with your skill and my power, that is unless your char turns out like Talavins and decides to kill everyone.  I mean his char is a little looney isn't he?  ;D  It may be safer for Geirrin to bond a red sister.  ::)

Sieve your character has a strength of 37.

Okay, Talavin and JoarGerean, I take it you have read the guidelines.

Talavin you have 28 spending points.

Joar Gerean you have 40 spending points.

Please let me know your breakdown.