DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The HSX Update

Emperor

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay, I made a big mistake in this ONCE, and I lost a ton of money, so now I'm nearly broke and I don't really have a lot of stock. With that said:

The ones that are just crazy hurting me:

Wolfman

Veronika Decides to Die

The Ones that are Making me the Big Bucks:

Inglorious Basterds

Twilight 2

Twilight 3 (if you don't milk this tween train for all it's worth you only have yourself to blame!)

Green Hornet

• Community Administrator

So, I woulda made a killing on Wolverine, but went to sell it the day it came out (like double what I paid for it) but it was locked out. Then I just remembered when I saw this thread... I lost about 3% on average... :P

• 2 months later...

Hey y'all.  I just peeked in on HSX for the first time in a couple of months.  They've launched a beta version of a whole host of changes.  It's similar to the last rebrand that failed.  To find our leagues, go to your portfolio.  In the middle box of the top three you'll see "Trader Watchlist".  That's our league.  I don't see why they had to change the name.  I like league better, but whatever.

Anyways, as per usual with a big change like this tons of people hate it already.  I don't hate it, but I already miss the old familiar site.

Thanks Mendorah!  I have been looking everywhere for the league since they made the change.

I  have had a bit of trouble with the site already.  I was trying to buy some Warcraft stock... I already had some btw... and I accidentally sold the shares I had.  Kind of made me angry.

Stocks doing me good... mostly because of Comic Con...

Batman 3

Tron Legacy

Warcraft

Iron Man 2

The Hobbit

Stocks killing me.. that I have lost so much on it doesn't matter if I sell em now...

Ronin

Magnum PI

• Community Administrator

I bought 50,000 shares of The Road for $41.61, They are now worth $49.59.

My net worth has increased 9.10% today. Up 37.6% this Year, and up 90.44% this year!

I just bought 50,000 shares of Moon (look it up, it looks AWESOME) @ $3.57 hoping this one pans out.

I also bought some starbonds in Sam Rockwell, the actor in it. If the movie pans out i'll win big. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I hadn't looked at my portfolio in at least 2 months before today, and I was pleasantly surprised.  My portfolio was up above where I left it (I had given up on it) by a decent amount.  I also noticed that the site has been revamped.  Can I still look at my DM friend's accounts on there?

I just logged into HSX for the first time in probably two years, and am surprised to see that I'm in the positives, granted, I'm about 500k above the 2mil mark, which is about ground 0 for that site.

After some 30 minutes of searching, the trader watchlist is what you want to look for Krak, thats how you add people to your league.

• 4 weeks later...

IT's been roughly three months since I checked, but the ones that are making me VERY happy right now are:

Tron

Twilight 2

Twilight 3

Twilight 4

Green Hornet

Alice in Wonderland

Ones that are killing me:

Veronika decides to die

Tooth Fairy

My biggest issue is making cash to buy more stock. I haven't had any money in months, and it isn't easy accumulating it when nearly all my release dates are in 2010.  :-\

Every Tuesday you can take their poll and get 50K.  They also have another game where you click on one of the 5 movie posters and if you choose the right one you get 50K.  When I was starting out I hit those up alot.  I still hit it up like every other month when I remember to log in.

Iron Man 2 is helping me along.  Made almost 1 MM on that.

I'd buy stock if I had cash on me. I guess I could sell some of my other stocks, but the ones that aren't due until '10 or later I bought at really small amounts.

I'm telling you, the Twilight stock is a goldmine. Each one of those movies is going to blow up in the box office. Blow up in a good $$$$$$ way. :P

Every Tuesday you can take their poll and get 50K.  They also have another game where you click on one of the 5 movie posters and if you choose the right one you get 50K.  When I was starting out I hit those up alot.  I still hit it up like every other month when I remember to log in.

Iron Man 2 is helping me along.  Made almost 1 MM on that.

o rly????  Didn't know that.

Archived