DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Tea at the Greens (Attn Jade and any other N&A)

Tigara

OOC: If any Novices or Accepted want to come socialize or talk to Jaydena, feel free.

IC:

Melianna woke up fresh as a daisy. She had gone to sleep early last night, because she had received an invitation to another Tea Party at the Green Ajah. This one was being hosted by her mentor, Jaydena Sedai. That made it better. Her last one was back just after she was a novice. She was so shy that she hardly said a thing. She knew she wasn’t going to pick the Green when she was finally raised to Aes Sedai, but it gave her free time to relax and to get to know people. And she got to wear her bells!

She slipped on her Accepted dress that she never wore except for special events such as this, and then sat to braid her hair. After a few minutes, she had two long thick braids on either side of her, braided close to the scalp. She merrily went about putting on her tiny silver bells, that she kept well hidden during regular days. She shook her head to hear them jingle.

The tea room wasn’t as crowed this time around, but perhaps they weren’t all here yet. Most were novices crowding around the table with the goodies, and there were a few scattered Accepteds. Melianna quickly collected a teacup and added her touch of honey, then glided over to Jaydena Sedai, who was talking to a dark skinned novice. “Good day, Jaydena Sedai” she said with a curtsey and a smile. “Thank you very much for inviting me. It’s been so long since I have last been to one of these. I was wondering, what exactly does it mean to be a Green?” She didn’t really want to know, in particular. This was just polite small talk to make her look good in the eyes of the Greens.

~**~

Jasmyne had always been an early riser, but she had slept in this morning for some unapparent reason. And why today of all days. She quickly got dressed and groomed herself to appear presentable, then took off to the Green Ajah. The Green Ajah had many sisters that didn’t make her want to hurl, so she didn‘t want to be late. She’d find some way to blame that vile Red for this.

By the sounds of it, she was far from the first one there, but likely not the last. That was good. She stepped in to see all sorts of merriment, mixed with smells of fresh confectionaries and sweet tea. She started off with a pastry known as a donut, and took her tea, and wandered over to Jaydena Sedai. She wasn’t sure what to think about her. Jasmyne had never really met her. She was one of the older Aes Sedai in the Tower, so maybe she avoided young ones. Or perhaps she’s avoiding Jasmyne due to her reputation that the Red has given her. Vile Red!

Another Accepted sat down just before Jasmyne got there, and she appeared to know the Aes Sedai. It was that dark skinned girl that was always daydreaming. Melina or something like that. Jas sat down as the dark girl was asking a very valid question. “…what exactly does it mean to be a Green?” “Yes, Aes Sedai. What does it mean?” Jas chimed as she took a seat on the other side of the Accepted. “Oh, my name is Jasmyne, by the way. Very nice to meet you.”

Melianna Hollmen and Jasmyne Ceres

Dream and Doom

The door opened, and Jerinia peeked around the thick wood to check if she was indeed about to step into the correct room. Noticing the decent amount of white dresses, she gave herself a mental nod before stepping into the room as well, giving the Aes Sedai a polite bow.

With hair dye being one of the things Novices were not allowed, she had spent her first couple of months as a Novice waiting until her long red hair had started to shift back to its natural blonde color. After waiting until the new blonde growth had been long enough, she cut her hair to shoulder-length in order to remove the shades of red that still lingered at the ends.

- "Hi hi! sorry i'm late Aes Sedai, but i accidentally bumped into this petitioner on my way and i helped him pick up the papers he was carrying. And then i ended up in the wrong room..."

She winced slightly as her mind recalled the amount of trouble she had gotten herself into on the way. After thinking for a moment to see if she had forgotten anything, she gave them an embarrassed grin, realising that she was perhaps giving them a bit too much information as was appropriate. And not for the first time, either.

- "Umm... yeah. Anyway, sorry i'm late." ^^;

Looking around, she decided to wait a bit diving into the melee to pillage a cookie or two, and instead sat down to listen in on the conversation the Accepted were having with one of the Aes Sedai.

Which she probably just interrupted. Oh well <3

Having been informed her Mentor was to be a Green Sister by the name of Eadon Sedai, Masuko decided to go to the Tea party in the Greens section of the Tower. She vaguely remembered the warrior who had told her to come to the Tower going to stand by one of the women waiting to speak to the Arafellin King. Could it be that they were Green Sisters? she wondered. Maybe I belong with the Greens or the Creator is giving me a nudge in the direction I should go? Weel, there is only one way to find out. With her braid jingling slightly she realized she stood before the door that was suppose to be where the Tea gathering was.

Determined to find out what the Greens Sisters stood for and who her Mentor was she knocked briskly on the door and entered.

"Begging pardon Aes Sedai, but may I join you for tea please?" she said sounding not at all like she was begging. Then she curtsied and held it while she softly said, " I was wondering if we might discuss what it means to be Green and if someone could point out Eadon Sedai, Aes Sedai."

Masuko Svetanya, Novice of the White Tower

Eadon swept into the room and surveyed her surroundings. She had been in this room a thousand times. In her days as an Accepted this room would be packed with Green Aes Sedai and those wanting to be Green Aes Sedai. Now the amount of Sisters present was severely less than it had been in previous times.

Never-the-less there were still the curious Novices and Accepted who came for answers. Eadon didn't know how many she could provide. She was never a stellar mentor or liaison for the young girls. She was far to wrapped up in her own world and goings-on that she didn't have time to spare thought for anyone else. Not that Eadon was this self-aware. She just thought there was something wrong with those she tried to mentor.

She nodded to the serving woman. They knew exactly what she would want. After all, she had done this plenty of times. The servant brought Eadon a cup of strong tea complete with cream and sugar served in her personal tea cup. Little purple flowers and green vines wound their way around her cup and saucer. She took tiny sips of tea in between casting warm smiles at the young girls.

From out of nowhere Eadon was confronted with one such girl.

"Begging pardon Aes Sedai, but may I join you for tea please?" She looked hurried and a tad unsure about her self. She curtsied to Eadon and continued, "I was wondering if we might discuss what it means to be Green and if someone could point out Eadon Sedai, Aes Sedai."

Eadon's mouth twitched into a smirk. "You have found her. I am Eadon Sedai. Grab yourself a cup of tea, child." She waited for the girl to return. "As for what it means to be Green, well I can sum that up with the simple explaination that we are the Battle Ajah. We stand ready. We stand ready for the battle fought today, for tomorrow, and for the Last Battle. We will be there, and we will be at the front lines. To be Green means to be passionate and fierce, deeply loyal and  ready for anything. What do you make of that?"

Masuko was surprised at having found Eadon Sedai so quickly. It must be the Creators blessed hand! To just happen to speak to my mentor before any other could not be anything else. Gatering her wits swiftly she retrieved a cup of mint tea with just a dollop of hiney to sweeten it, then she returned to her mentor.

Hearing the Greens described in such a simple statement made her feel instantly easier. The Battle Ajah! I so want to battle the forces of the Blight! Gathering her words quickly she practically gushed the words as she spoke.

"Eadon Sedai, my name is Masuko Svetanya and I hail from Arafel. My father and brother were killed fighting in the Blight and my truest wish is to be able to avenge them and protect others from similiar deaths. If the Green Ajah stands for Battles and fierceness then I will most definately join with them when I become a sister."

She didn't feel foolish for her words, instead every line of her face and every gesture of her body spoke of such determination that most would flinch back from her and her passionately fierce words. She hoped Eadon Sedai wouldn't find her to be too much and accepted her passion and determination for what it was.

Jerinia listened intently to what Eadon was saying about the Green Ajah. From what she heard, it sounded a lot like what her family had been doing back in Malkier, so in a way she figured she was already used to the lifestyle.

Masuko mentioning her fater and brother having fought in the Blight raised an eyebrow though, as it had been something she hadn't been expecting from her roommate. Sure, even though they shared the room the amount of chores they had to do meant they hadn't gotten past formal introductions yet, but it turned out the two of them had more in common than she initially thought. The reason she had originally came for all but forgotten, she turned to the ashen blonde Novice, intent on finding out if they had more in common.

- "Wait, really? It's the same back in Malkier, everyone's been fighting so hard for as long as i can remember that i guess i've gotten used to it myself... How's the Blightborder in Arafel, i've never been there myself." ^_^

Of course, being born and raised in Malkier also meant she could talk casually about Trollocs and the Blight as if it were a common topic -- which to her it was. Taking a sip from the tea she had poured herself in the meantime, she wiaited for Masuko's reply.

Jaydena wiped the sweat from her brow and slowed to a walk, her morning runs were sometimes the only thing that keep her sane. The feel of the wind blowing through her hair and the dirt under her feet seemed to calm her, allowing her thoughts to flow freely. Turning around the Warders Yard she walked past one of the Guards and saw him look her up and down. Despite her age, she still had the young men checking her out. Of course they had no way of knowing exactly how old she was. She made her way around the track several more times and then walked back towards the Green Quarters, the sun was just peaking over the Tower walls and she had much to do today. A tea in the Green Ajah Tearoom had been planned for Novices and Accepted. It was something they did on occasion and she was looking forward to meeting the new girls in the Tower. Looking covertly around she stepped into the secret entrance and made her way up the stairs into the Green Quarters. She checked to see if anyone was in the Hall and then stepped out from behind the tapestry. Jade walked into her quarters and then headed to the washroom, she washed up and applied cream to her pale white skin and prepared for the day. When she was done, her auburn hair was piled on top of her head and her emerald green eyes were shaded with kohl. She moved to her closet and stepped into her undergarments.

Next, she slipped into a green satin dress with roses worked into the fabric, covering the bodice to the waist and running in lines down the skirt. She added a matching gold and emerald necklace and a matching belt around her small waist. A pair of matching green slippers completed the outfit, she stepped into them, she already stood almost 6 feet and didn't need to wear heels, so these were flat bottomed. Jade walked out into her living area and smiled at one of her warders, who had just come back from her own workout. They sat down and finished their breakfast together, when they were done they smiled at each other and Jade headed off to her office. As Captain General she had many duties and many a day was spent in paperwork. She opened the office door and worked on her paperwork for several hours before she headed to the Green Tea Room for the tea. The room was already filling up, the green brocade chairs holdings many Novices and Accepted as well as Sisters.

It didn't take her long to spot her mentee, she nodded at the girl as the girl curtsied as spoke, “Good day, Jaydena Sedai, Thank you very much for inviting me. It’s been so long since I have last been to one of these. I was wondering, what exactly does it mean to be a Green?” Jade nodded and thought for a moment, just as she was about to speak, another young girl spoke up, “Yes, Aes Sedai. What does it mean? Oh, my name is Jasmyne, by the way. Very nice to meet you.” She smiled at the girl and spoke, "Nice to meet you Jasmyne, my name is Jaydena Sedai, welcome to the tearoom. Well my children, the Green Ajah means battle, we fight for what we believe in, we protect those that don't even know we are protecting them. Without our Sisters and our warders, many cities and towns in the Borderlands would be under the control of the Shadow. We prepare for the Last Battle and wait to fight at the back of the Dragon Reborn." Just as she was about to continue a young girl walking quickly up, "Hi hi! Sorry I'm late Aes Sedai, but I accidentally bumped into this petitioner on my way and I helped him pick up the papers he was carrying. And then I ended up in the wrong room... Umm... yeah. Anyway, sorry I'm late."

Jade blinked at the girl and wondered how long this young one had been in the Tower. She nodded her head at the girl and spoke, "Perhaps, next time, you should leave earlier and watch where you are walking so you don't bump into someone. I know the Tower can sometimes be confusing and hard to understand, but if we take the time and effort, we often make our days much easier." She smiled at the young girl and watched as Eadon Sedai walked over and took a seat at their table. Bowing her head at her Sister she took the scene in another young girl came up and asked them where Eadon was. The younger Sister began to speak about what the Green Ajah meant to her and Jade sat back to watch the show...

Jaydena Mckanthur

It was not a habit of Kaylan's to attend tea parties and the like, even - or perhaps especially - when there would be novices and Accepted in attendance to make pests of themselves with questions about the ajah. However, she was finished with her research for the morning and given that Jaydena's mentee was supposed to be around had decided to make an appearance. She didn't know the girl from a bar of soap, but, having mentored Jaydena an extraordinarily long time ago, Kaylan felt that perhaps there was some sort of connection. At the very least, she could check up on her once-mentee and ensure that the girl (for she still thought of Jaydena as a girl sometimes, regardless of the woman's age and status within the ajah) was doing a proper job of mentoring.

She didn't bother with changing before she left her quarters; her fingertips were somewhat inkstained but the dress was clean and perfectly serviceable if low-cut enough to be bordering on the scandalous. The ageing Sister, hair as much white as it was blond now, was far too old and cranky to care what the young ones thought of her; she'd worn the same style of dresses for all of her long years in the Tower, through the reigns of several Amyrlins and more monarchs in the surrounding lands than she cared to count. If her clothing had served her well enough through battles and balls, it would certainly do for tea with a few children.

There was already a group assembled and conversing when the short Green entered, her skirts swishing around her ankles. Green eyes, the colour mirroring both her ajah and her dress, swept around the party, settling on the familiar faces of her Sisters and astutely examining the girls in white. Kaylan did not recognise a one of them, which was not entirely a surprise - there seemed to be different novices everytime she emerged from her room, or perhaps she had seen so many girls in white and banded hem over the years that they all blended into one.

Taking a seat, Kaylan settled her skirts around her and poured herself a cup of tea. She raised her cup in a sort of greeting to her auburn-haired former protégé, saying, "Jaydena, Sister. It is a pleasure to see you again." She took a sip and then directed a nod at Eadon, who seemed to be giving an explanation of the Green Ajah to one or two of the girls. It was good to hear that at least some of her Sisters had not forgotten what being a Green meant; she had privately held doubts about several over the years.

It seemed that two of the girls hailed from the Blightborder; Kaylan had spent many years travelling and fighting in the Borderlands, and had a deep respect for every soldier from the area. That respect did not extend to the girls who found themselves in the Tower; they would earn her respect in time, if they were worthy of it. The thirst for vengeance one articulated was not a good start - the Green Ajah was about more than revenge, and if the girl truly wished to serve as a soldier of the Battle Ajah, she would need to understand that such desires could be more of a weakness than a strength. But however tempting it was to interject with her opinion on the matter, the old Green decided to leave the conversation to Eadon for the moment. She took another sip of her tea, and settled back to listen.

"Eadon Sedai, my name is Masuko Svetanya and I hail from Arafel. My father and brother were killed fighting in the Blight and my truest wish is to be able to avenge them and protect others from similiar deaths. If the Green Ajah stands for Battles and fierceness then I will most definately join with them when I become a sister."

Eadon wanted to reply "You know nothing of battles. You know nothing of being fierce. You only think that you've looked into the face of the Dark One. You only think you can stand up tall and fight his influence. But you don't. You won't know true fierceness until you've looked into the place where a Myrrdral should have eyes and feel fear coursing down your spine. And when you fight despite that raging fear, that's when you will know true fierceness." But this is not what she said. Eadon recognized the eagerness and the naivite. She was, once-upon-a-time, in the same position.

Instead, she formed a tiny smile on her lips and replied, "your eagerness is valuable. It means you will be thirsty to learn. And you have *so* much to learn. You are young; especially in the eyes of the Tower, child. And it is good that you have the blood of warriors running through you. You will need a strong backbone to be a Green. But more than all of that, you need to know that you do not choose the Green Ajah. It calls to you. You can't escape it's calling." And here is where Eadon's voice grew softer, more as if she were talking about a lover. "The Green Ajah demands your devotion. It will test you and try you, and you will desire nothing more than to prove yourself. The Green Ajah will sing out to you if you are indeed meant to be a Green."

She snapped out of her reverie to take a sip of her tea. It was only then that she noticed the arrival of Jaydena and Kaylan. The latter she had not seen much of as of late, and she briefly thought of what the other Green could be up to.

It seemed to Melianna that as soon as she sat down, the table was full. Jasmyne, the Accepted who frequented the Mistress of Novices, plopped down right as she was speaking. A newer novice also plopped down, followed by two more Green Aes Sedai and another novice. The younger Green appeared to have distracted the Novices, but Jasmyne was still occupied with Jaydena. And it appeared like the older Green knew Jaydena Sedai quite well. And those eyes! Her eyes looked as if wisdom was going to burst out of them at a moment's notice. She must have faced more battles than any three other Greens together. She would have to make a point of remembering her face, which she found she was failing to do more and more.

"That's very interesting, Jaydena Sedai. If that's what the Green Ajah is about, then I don't suppose Greens and Reds would get along well. If you wait for Tarmon Gai'don, which the Light willing is many genarations away, and the Reds gentle male channelers, would you not be afraid of them gentling the Dragon Reborn before he fulfilled the prophecies?" What a strange question to ask. Why has she asked that? Yes, she did enjoy studying the Prophecies of the Dragon, but she had never given them much thought. Mentally, she shook her head at herself. her mind was doing some strange things, lately.

~**~

Jasmyne sat listening intently to Jaydena Sedai as she talked about battle, fighting the Shadow, Warders, and the Last Battle. This is exactly how she pictured a Green to be. Strong, independant, fierce, courageous, like a heroin from the stories. The Green Ajah seemed for appealing every day. But the Reds also fought a lot, but her skin crawled at the thought of sharing an Ajah with Larindhra Sedai.  The Blue Ajah were also quite passionate, if a bit less aggressive. She was glad she had many years left to make up her mind.

Suddenly the dark girl disturbed her tranquil moment with some absurd question about Greens, Reds and the Dragon Reborn. She gave the taller woman a strange look, then turned to Jaydena Sedai, eagerly awaiting to see what her response would be.

Masuko looked over at her roommate and gave a strained smile as she replied, " It was a little more active then usual when I left. Besides my family being killed," here she got a quick pained look followed quickly by determination in her eyes," the King was talking to a bunch of green clothed women whom I can only guess are Green sisters by the look of their warriors. I was in a grievious state so I didn't notice if their faces were smooth as most Aes Sedai's are. Seeing the Warders here around the Tower is what makes me feel that they are Green Sisters." Looking away briefly she noticed that Eadon Sedai was ready with her response so she turned her attention back to her Mentor.

Hearing her describe the meaning of the Green Sisters she was amazed and truely felt like these were they sisters for her. It didn't bother her that they expected devotion and loyalty, her fater had often said that those two things were vital for a warrior of the Northern lands. " Surely I can share my devotion and loyalty for Arafel and my King to the Green Ajah and its cause Eadon Sedai?! I want to fight! Not just for my family but also for all those that fight in the cursed Blight. Please any advice that you or anyone else can give would surely aid me attaining a place among you noble Green Sisters Eadon Sedai," and looking at the other Sisters in the room," Aes Sedai."

Jerinia winced painfully as she realised she dragged up some unpleasant memories of Masuko's past. Leaning over to give the girl's sleeve a soft tug, she whispered an apology, asking if there was some way to make it up to her, before leaning back again.

- "Heh, i grew up in one of Malkier's border fortresses. My dad's still fighting there, while my mother traveled to Tar Valon with me to see if i could become an Aes Sedai. Well... So far so good, eh girls?"

She addressed that last part to the other Novices in the room in general, beaming them an encouraging smile. Still, she frowned when a thought hit her. Given that most of the things she had heard about Shadowspawn were second-hand from her father and other soldiers, she never could help but wonder how much of it was true, especially since her father tended to liven up the stories a bit.

- "Umm... Aes Sedai? Is it true Trollocs eat their own dead? And Fades have no eyes, and can turn invisible?"

From the corner of her eye, she noticed one of the Novices at the cookie platter going a bit pale. Hm, must have had a cookie too many. Oh well.

• 2 weeks later...

"That's very interesting, Jaydena Sedai. If that's what the Green Ajah is about, then I don't suppose Greens and Reds would get along well. If you wait for Tarmon Gai'don, which the Light willing is many genarations away, and the Reds gentle male channelers, would you not be afraid of them gentling the Dragon Reborn before he fulfilled the prophecies?" Jade eyed the young woman, she was quite astute for one so young. Pondering her answer for a moment she gazed around her to see what was going on. Kaylan her mentor has joined them and Eadon was talking to several Novices. Jaydena smiled at Kaylan and winked at her with the side of her face not facing the girls she was talking to. Turning back to the Accepted she smiled and said, "Well our hope is that the Reds won't feel the need to gentle the Dragon Reborn, they know the importance of the battle. If he's not there to battle than we may very well lose the battle. We can't afford to lose to the Shadow, we have fought to many years to stay above the water."

She looked over at the other table and then spoke again, "Imagine this my child, a world in which you didn't know who was evil and who was good. Well it's like that now, but it would be worse if they shadow won the Last Battle. We would be taken for Trolloc fodder and Fade mates. It's not a life that any of us want to imagine and personally if we lose I will be drawing on just a little bit to much of the Power and going out with a bang." She saw the look on the girls face and spoke again, "I know that probably seems horrible to you my child but after so many years of fighting and watching my warders and sisters die at the hands of the Shadow, I could not stand to be the mate to a Fade and to help the hands of the Shadow. In all seriousness, the Reds and Greens are often alligned on many issues, they want to study the men and we want to make sure they survive." Jade picked up a plate of cookies and handed it to the Accepted, "Cookie my dear."

Jaydena Mckanthur

Green Ajah Head and Sitter

• 2 weeks later...

Melianna listened intently, elbow on table, chin on fist, and eyes wide. They work together?! Ter'angreal! NO! Not now. Busy now. The Last Battle interested her. Mainly because of the Forsaken, with all the knowledge of the Age of Legends! The Age when ter'angreal were created. Would they know how to make angreal and sa'angreal? Meli doubted she would get to find out even if Tarmon Gai'don was during her lifetime. The Forsaken would be killed on sight by a circle, most likely. Or is that necessary? "Jaydena Sedai, are the Forsaken as powerful as the stories say? The stories make them sound like the Dark one himself. Could a single Sister defeat one, or would you need a circle?"

~**~

That chit was still on this Last Battle nonsense?! Jasmyne shook her head slightly. Some people were like a dog with a bone, never giving up on something. If she didn't say something now, that idle-brained woolhead would take up the whole morning. "The Green Ajah is the only Ajah to allow Sisters to bond more than one Warder, but do you have a limit, or could a Suster bond 20 or more Warders if she so wished?" Maybe that will get that girl onto another thought line.

Meli and Jas

• 2 weeks later...

Jaydena all but watched the wheels turning in the girls head, she wondered if this one would one day become a Brown, she had the nature to be one. Of course, there was a day she thought she was going to be a mediator instead of a fighter. She almost laughed, she was now the Head of the Battle Ajah and the furthest thing from a mediator possible, although she did use that part of her to help with leading her ajah and being Sitter for it. "Jaydena Sedai, are the Forsaken as powerful as the stories say? The stories make them sound like the Dark one himself. Could a single Sister defeat one, or would you need a circle?" She thought on that for a moment, but before she had a chance to reply the other girl spoke, "The Green Ajah is the only Ajah to allow Sisters to bond more than one Warder, but do you have a limit, or could a Sister bond 20 or more Warders if she so wished?"

She glanced at the other girl and then answered their questions, "Honestly my child, I hope it's not something we ever have to test but I think it depends on the strength of the Sister, we have some very strong Sisters within in the Tower. The forsaken were normal people just like, they had varying levels of strength and so some are weaker than others and some are stronger. I think it really depends on which Forsaken were pitted against which Sister. I would hope that one of our Sisters could take one of them down but it's to much of a risk, we would need to be in a circle just to keep our sisters from risking their precious lives." Turning to the other girl she spoke, "I have seen Sisters with as many as 5 or 6 Warders and I myself have 4 warders. There is no limit for how many you can bond. A relationship between a Warder and his or her Aes Sedai is a very special thing, and when that Warder passes on as they are bound to do, it's one of the worst things that can happen to an Aes Sedai. There are many that never bond again because they don't want to go through that pain again. So yes a Sister could bond twenty Warders if she wanted but then she would have to feel their deaths one by one or they would all go mad and die if she died."

Jaydena Mckanthur

Jerinia listened to the questions that were being asked as well as the answers Jaydena was giving. With her Mentor and the Mistress of Novices both being of the Red Ajah, she was trying to find out what she could about the other Ajahs as well, mostly due to her own natural curiousity. Still, she had heard of Accepted being fairly certain of the Ajah they wanted to join, and wanted to make sure she would be making the right decision the first time around for once.

Still, there was this one thing she was wondering about.

- "Jaydena Sedai, you're talking about Warders dying of old age before you do as if it's normal... Does Bonding make them age faster?"

Jerinia

Not having a clue about Aes Sedai longevity.

• 2 weeks later...

Masuko listened in rapt attention as Jaydena Sedai spoke of channeling men and the Last Battle. When she spoke of the Red Sisters and there need to study the men who could channel, she was shocked. Surely those men weren't just specimen to be analyzed! She found herself agreeing that all channelers needed to fight the Shadow.

She found herself agreeing with more then that though, the idea that she wasn't allowed to fight with a sword had bothered her greatly until she learned she could Bond men to her and they would be her swords. The idea actually pleased her but hearing that they would die of age before her bothered her. " Yes Jaydena Sedai, does it age them or does it slow us down to the point that we live longer then normal? It would be hard to chose a Bond-mate if I know he was going to die before me no matter what I did." She reflected on that fact while she waited for one of the Sisters to answer the question.

Masuko, Novice

Wondering if she could now Bond a man knowing he will die before her!

• 2 weeks later...

So the Tales aren't true. Interesting. Melianna pondered. Could she defeat one? She wasn't sure. Many other Novices and Accepted were said to have a much greater potential than she. Her mentee was one of them. The clock chimed and she suddenly realized that she had to go to one of her classes. She forgot and was nearly late. "Thank you very much for the lovely afternoon Jaydena Sedai, but I must go now. Goodbye." She rose and gave a curtsey, then skittered off down the Hall.

~**~

Jasmyne watched Melianna skitter off, not saying what she was up to. The girl was so interested in what Jaydena had to say, but now just takes off without any reason. What was she up to. The Game of Houses was so ingrained in her that she did it without thinking sometimes. "Sorry, Jaydena Sedai, but I must also go. I have an appointment with Larindhra Sedai. Thank you for the tea." She wasn't lying. She did have an appointment with the horrible Red. Was she going to go to it. Of course not. If asked, she was at a tea party. She bobbed a quick curtsey small enough to get by without a scolding, then trailed after the dark-skinnned girl.

Meli and Jas

• 2 weeks later...

The hallways were unusually empty today. There were only a few scattered servants and the odd Aes Sedai. Many novices and Accepted were either in class or at the party. She vaguely remembered something happening at the Yellow Ajah, as well. There could be others there, Meli supposed. As she walked the Halls, she couldn't help but feel that she was being watched. She stopped and looked back down the stone hallway, but there was no one there. Curious. Very curious, indeed. She kept on going, but couldn't shake the feeling.

"Good day, Raeyn Sedai." she said perkily to the Brown Sister with a curtsey.. "I hope you are well. Donnela Sedai was asking to see you." The ancient Brown nodded in achknowledgement and continued on her way. How she wished she could be taught something by her, but appearantly she loathed teaching with a passion. How selfish. All that knowledge and refusing to share it. Maybe she knows about ter'angreal!? On that note, Melianna was off in la-la-land for the rest of her way to her appointment.

~**~

The halls were quiet. Much too quiet. Silence had it's ups and downs. If it was loud, it was easy to sneak, but if there were people to make the noise, she sould be detected easier. Jasmyne padded down the halls after Melianna, following a hall's distance away from her, hiding around corners and in nooks in the wall, or even behind tapestries. She had little weight, so she made less sound than the average girl. Melianna stopped, so she quickly ducked behind the corner she was about so come around. She laid flat on her belley and peered around the corner. She was looking, but she obviously didn't see her. No wonder. The girl was always daydreaming. It's a wonder she doesn't fall down the stairs.

Raeyn Sedai was now walking across the dining hall. Melianna had just stopped ot speak to her, but Raeyn hadn't said anything, just nodded. Were they plotting something? It was no secret that Melianna was going to join the Brown Ajah. No one had heard it from her exactly, but it was rumored and strongly believed. Maybe she was spying for the Ajah? Leaking Green secrets to the Browns? It was all possible. She watched Meli clmb some stairs and then chased after her. She was definitly up to something.

Jas and Meli

To be continued

• 2 weeks later...

"<i>Surely I can share my devotion and loyalty for Arafel and my King to the Green Ajah and its cause Eadon Sedai?! I want to fight! Not just for my family but also for all those that fight in the cursed Blight. Please any advice that you or anyone else can give would surely aid me attaining a place among you noble Green Sisters Eadon Sedai," and looking at the other Sisters in the room</i>"

"Yes, well..." started Eadon. But before she could continue her thought, everyone's focus seemed to shift to Jaydena. For a second Eadon turned grumpy. Mostly anything involving the elder Green made her grumpy. It was a jealousy thing to be sure. Yet, she couldn't help but admit that the lovely Green was captivating.

Eadon took another sip of her tea and stared off into space. So what if everyone else was captivated with Jaydena? That didn't mean she had to pay attention...

Owch! Walking into a stone wall was not a very pleasant feeling, but it wasn't uncommon. She could navigate the Novice and Accepted quarters easy enough, but she hurt herself going through the Aes Sedai quarters. Nynaeve Sedai's quarters weren't very close, so she usually hurt herself on the way there. And that feeling was back. It kept making her back itchy. Was she going crazy? Maybe she was a male chaneller and was going crazy? Any White would have slapped her then and there, but Melianna wasn't a fan of logical thinking. But even this was a bit out there.

Her dark hand knocked on Nynaeve Sedai's door and a voice bade her enter. She went in and closed the door behind her before taking a seat. She hadn't gotten 5 minutes into her lesson before the door flew open.

~**~

The fool girl ran into a wall!? Perhaps she wasn't smart enough to spy, or maybe she was an excellent actress. Jasmyne kept following the strange dark girl up towatds the Aes Sedai halls. Strangely, she went through the Brown Halls without a word. She was going to the...Yellow quarters? What was she doing here? Maybe she was spying on them as well? Yes, why else would she be here.

Why in the Light was she going into Nynaeve Sedai's room? It seemed oddly specific, especially for Melianna. Being the rash person she is, she flung the door open and rushed in. A very surprised looking Melianna flung her head around and Nynaeve Sedai was glaring at her. "I see what you're doing! You're spying for the Browns and getting Ajah secrets for them! Well you're time is up!" The dark girl just blinked. "Accepted, it appears you have too much time on your hands. If you have time to disturb our private lesson, maybe you should be busied with chores. Go report to Larindhra Sedai and be quick about it." Jasmyne's expression was remarkably blank.  She just turned around and walked down in silence. She didn't see that coming! Maybe Larindhra wouldn't believe it...

Meli and Jas

Done!

Jaydena took a sip of her tea and waited for one of the girls to ask her another question.  One of the Novices spoke up quickly before Jade had even swallowed her tea, "Jaydena Sedai, you're talking about Warders dying of old age before you do as if it's normal... Does Bonding make them age faster?" She was about to answer the question when another one of the girls spoke up, this one was named Masuko, "Yes Jaydena Sedai, does it age them or does it slow us down to the point that we live longer then normal? It would be hard to chose a Bond-mate if I know he was going to die before me no matter what I did." She was just about to answer the question when another Novice stood up and spoke, "Thank you very much for the lovely afternoon Jaydena Sedai, but I must go now. Goodbye.” Jade blinked as the young woman curtsied and ran off, followed by the only Accepted in the room standing up and excusing herself as well. "Sorry, Jaydena Sedai, but I must also go. I have an appointment with Larindhra Sedai. Thank you for the tea." She shook her head at their behavior, not even a by your leave, they just curtsied and ran off.

In her day that would have earned a whipping from the Mistress of Novices, you always waited for the Aes Sedai to release before you left. Returning her attention to the Novices that were left she spoke, “My children, Aes Sedai live long lives, I am one of the oldest Aes Sedai in the Tower. Age is not something we generally speak of, but to give you some idea, I am over 200 years old.” She smiled at their look of shock and the glances at her auburn hair and line free skin, “Aes Sedai don’t age at normal rates, a very old Aes Sedai is one with white hair. Warders live longer than normal men, it’s one of the benefits of being bonded. However they don’t live as long as Aes Sedai, I have lost several warders to battle and other issues. None of them lived to old age, so I am not sure how long they live. We generally don’t ask other sisters how old their warders are. I can't say it's easy to lose a warder, it's one of the hardest things you will face, but as one of my warders once reminded me, "They came into this knowing what they were facing and that they could die in any way, they took an oath to protect us and would die doing so, even if that's from old age or at the end of a sword. So do any of you have any more questions for Eadon Sedai, Kaylan Sedai, or myself?” She took another sip of her tea and regarded the rest of her sisters. It was quite comical their reactions to how long Aes Sedai lives for, she could all but see them wondering if they would live that long…

Jaydena Mckanthur

Jerinia blinked, but it wasn't out of curiousity: If anything, she looked a bit disturbed at the answer Jaydena had given her. She was two centuries old? Light, that meant that all her relatives down to her grandchildren would have been long dead by now. Taking a deep breath, she found herself thinking her next question out loud.

- "But... how do you handle it? That everyone you know and loved is... well, died of old age long before you will?"

The question was half-mumbled, but her clear voice carried it throughout the room regardless. Some of the other Novices had started to wonder about that as well, and the red haired Malkieri suddenly had a strong urge to go write a letter to her mother. Her question was asked in general, and lacking honorifics given that she was just thinking out loud. Whether or not that would get her in trouble would possibly be the last thing on her mind in that room.

Jerinia

Starting to get homesick

• 2 weeks later...

Jaydena watched the girl and wondered what she was thinking, this was the point when some Novices were starting to wish that they couldn’t channel. She remembered missing her Mother and wondering how she was doing, if she had found an Aes Sedai to heal her or if she had died. "But... how do you handle it? That everyone you know and loved is... well, died of old age long before you will?" Jade smiled and then looked at the girl, she could see that all the other girls were looking intently at her as well, she would have to tread carefully or they would have girls running from the tower that needed to be hunted down. “Well my child, there was a reason the Creator made me who I am. I must have felt I was strong enough to watch those I love pass on to him. I was born to be here, to be sitting here telling you this, to have fought and protected many people from the Shawdow. I can’t imagine what my life would have been like if I hadn’t become an Aes Sedai. Even with all the things that have happened, it is the best thing that ever happened, and I don’t regret it for a moment. There were moments that I did have them and you will too, but everytime you do, just remember all the good you will do as a Sister. You will help nations, save innocent lives, leash men who would destroy the world and so much more. Just keep those things in mind and when you lose someone you love it won’t be nearly as hard.” She turned and looked at Eadon. “How do you deal with it my Sister, maybe your words can help them as well?”

As she waited for Eadon to speak, she thought about the losses she had endured, her Mother and Father, her Brother, and her Sister. Their children, and their childrens children. Most of them didn't know her, they knew her as the distant Aes Sedai who occasionally stopped in to see them on her travels. The Tower had become her family in every way there was and despite the fact that she had hated that when she was younger. She now understood why they wanted it that way, if you stayed close to those that couldn't channel it was only harder when they died. Yes thinking of the greater good helped her get through the loss but it still hurt when she lost someone she loved. She thought about her warders that she had lost and her heart clenched. They had been part of her, inside her head as she had been inside of theirs. They memories would never been forgotten and she would never stop missing them, though the pain lessened over time. She turned her attenion back to the other Aes Sedai.

Jaydena Mckanthur

Eadon listened as Jaydena handled the questions hurled at them from curious Novices. She was slightly shocked at the young girl that ran off citing a need to see the Mistress of Novices. Jaydena said nothing. Since when did that happen? Somewhere in the back of her mind the thought that Jaydena was growing soft in her old age tickled her mind. That wasn't a thought she wanted to dwell on.

"How do you deal with it my Sister, maybe your words can help them as well?"

Eadon arched a cool eyebrow. Deal with what? The thought of her darkfriend mother rotting in a grave? Surely that wasn't something to keep her up at night. Now her father was a different story. He taught her how to hold a sword and to use it without stabbing herself in the foot. She had missed him her first few years in the Tower. But.... "We pledge ourselves to the Tower. When we come out of the arches after our test for Accepted we are washed clean of who we were, and we become a part of the White Tower. You will sever all ties. All you will be is an initiate of the Tower. And that is all you can allow yourself to think on. You will not be connected to your family. You are no longer who you once were. Therefore, I found it not difficult at all to put my past life behind me. My family is my Ajah; it is the White Tower."