DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Tea at the Greens (Attn Jade and any other N&A)

Tigara

Jerinia looked a bit worried, even though the Aes Sedai had smiled in response to her question she took the silence that came after it as a sign Jaydena was a bit sad about that part of being able to channel. She considered herself fortunate to still have her mother to write letters to, though she had hinted in the last couple of letters that she was thinking about moving out of Tar Valon, visiting some relatives that were rumored to have settled in the West somewhere.

She blinked as Eadon gave her own reply, surprised at the differences between the two answers. Where one was a warm, almost passionate acceptance as being a part of a much greater whole, Eadon's reply had been dominated by cold logic. Though she knew of the differences between the Ajahs, she couldn't have guessed the differences within the Ajahs themselves could grow to such lengths.

- "Eadon Sedai, pardon me for saying so... But that sounds almost like what someone in the White Ajah would say. I don't mean that in a bad way or anything, it's just... the differences between Jaydena Sedai's answer and yours are much bigger than i expected."

She turned her attention to Eadon now, curiously waiting for a reply. Still being a Novice, she was trying to get a handle on the differences between the Ajahs, and to have two people of the same Ajah have such contrasting views... was confusing to her.

Jerinia

Yup, still asking questions

• 1 month later...

Jaydena almost laughed as Eadon arched her eyebrow, the young woman looked at her with some akin to scorn. She wondered what was going through her mind, more than one woman in her Ajah thought she was crazy and at times she wondered if they were right. Shaking her head softly at the young woman she waited for Eadon to speak. "We pledge ourselves to the Tower. When we come out of the arches after our test for Accepted we are washed clean of who we were, and we become a part of the White Tower. You will sever all ties. All you will be is an initiate of the Tower. And that is all you can allow yourself to think on. You will not be connected to your family. You are no longer who you once were. Therefore, I found it not difficult at all to put my past life behind me. My family is my Ajah; it is the White Tower." She nodded in response to what Eadon said, the girl had always been to smart for her own good. The Novice seems to ponder it for some time as they all sipped on their tea. By this time her own had gone cold and she realized it was nearly time for these girls to get back to their classes and chores. She remembered her Novice days and how much time she had had for herself. About five minutes was all. "Eadon Sedai, pardon me for saying so... But that sounds almost like what someone in the White Ajah would say. I don't mean that in a bad way or anything, it's just... the differences between Jaydena Sedai's answer and yours are much bigger than I expected."

Laughing softly she spoke, "My child just because we have different views doesn't make us that much different. Just like a woman in different walks of life we can have conflicting view and still be part of the same group. Let's say your Mother is a seamstress as mine was, she belongs to a guild and believes that the color blue in the best color in the land. Sally is another seamstress and she loves Red. They are still part of the same group and believe that sewing is the best way to make a living but they don't agree on one thing. The basic premise of the Green Ajah is to fight the Last Battle at the Dragon's side and to protect the world from the Shadow. That is something we all agree on and the reason we all picked the Ajah. I hope we have answered your questions ladies, it is time for us to head back to her seperate duties." Jaydena smiled at the Novices and Accepted and sipped her tea as all the girls spoke their final words....

Jaydena Mckanthur