DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

New Pilot picked up by Fox from BSG creators

Emperor

“Battlestar Galactica” writer-producers Ron Moore and Michael Taylor are headed back to outer space for a newly greenlit Fox Network TV-movie pilot titled “Virtuality.”

Variety describes it thusly:

Universal Media Studios is behind the sci-fi drama, which follows 12 astronauts who are sent on a 10-year journey to find a distant solar system. The explorers pass the time by hooking up to advanced virtual reality modules to explore self-created worlds. But they discover someone has downloaded a computer bug into the system -- and one of them may be the saboteur.

NBC passed on the project. “Insiders said was too sci-fi for Peacock tastes,” according to Variety, even though NBC is the network behind “Heroes,” “Bionic Woman” and a new “Knight Rider” series due this autumn.

Moore also wrote the SciFi Channel's "Galactica" prequel pilot movie "Caprica," which shoots this spring.

If "Virtuality" goes to series, it could air on Fox early next year.

• Community Administrator

... And get cancelled one month later. Just saying, it's Fox.

Actually, they'd get cancelled 1 month prior to the season finaly, rush the final episodse they would air, and have the final episode be one major cliffhanger upon suckiness.

oh oh! me me!

over here! firefly back on the air! firefly back on the air! plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I've been a fan of Joss Waldon's work for a long time now but only recently saw firefly, now I finally understand what he meant when he said "I will never work with fox ever again".

Dear lord...they aired the 2 hour premire *LAST*!!!

all the episodes out of order for the most part...bleh

The only question is...how do we get the rights to firefly away from Fox...

The only question is...how do we get the rights to firefly away from Fox...

You can buy the rights from them or wait until the rights expire and try to pick it up.

I'd go from more Firefly Episodes but I rather watch BSG.

Archived