DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

carpel tunnel

I haven't been real active in our DM boards lately and felt the need to explain one of my reasons.

I have developed some carpel tunnel in my wrists. I know many of you probably have it even worse than I do, and I respect your willingness to remain here, but as we have always agreed, RL comes first. In my job, I am required to hold my horn with my right wrist, the one most affected. As the carpel tunnel worsens, so does the pain while I play and march, so to avoid the problem getting much worse, I have been wearing a brace while at the computer, as well as keeping mostly to the behind the scenes work in the Band, mainly the staff board, the website, and a couple of other things, meanwhile being very scarce at the spamming threads.

I am still here... just doing a lot more lurking than posting. Just wanted to keep you all informed so you don't think I'm just a slacking member who is never here!

• 4 weeks later...

I got a new better brace that I'm wearing whenever using the computer, and it seems to be helping somewhat. I am still able to easily use the computers at work so I think it has to do with the height of my mouse, though I did change it recently to be more comfortable.

*hugs Lord Horn*.

I completely understand. I've developed tendonitis in my left wrist and shoulder. Right now my left wrist is in brace that prevents me from pretty much doing anything. However I can still type.. But I can't play my violin, which is a major part of how I pay for my rent. I'm stuck like this for another 2-4 months and am currently getting cortisone injections to control the swelling and stuff.

So.. The lesson. Don't be dumb like me! Take care of your body!.

*hugs again*

High fives for braces!

^_^

I hate getting injuries when playing sport.

I have broken my collarbone twice playing rugby, and it seriously handicaped me for 3-4 months. I couldn't do much. I couldn't dress myself, so my mum had to dress me. I couldn't have baths properly, so needed help. I couldn't cut my food, so that had to be done for me as well. There are properly a lot of other things as well, but those are the ones that spring to mind.

Thankfully I haven't had serious injuries since then (now 5 years ago) and touch wood *touches wood* I won't in the future.

Yeah... I hurt my wrist by doing a back handspring and hyper-extending it. I still have problems with it to this day and that was over 10 years ago. So... baby it for a while love.

Archived