DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[TV] American Idol

Haxorsist

Guest Far Dareis Mai

I enjoy American Idol every year. Being a former Music student, I have a lot of fun laughing at people (in as good humored a way as can be possibly assumed), and I typically enjoy the final 12 performers competing.

I watched the first two seasons, but I now feel enough physical and psychological pain when I try to watch that I have to change the channel. These audition episodes are AWFUL, though the eps when they narrow it down to some people who are mostly ok-good are alright if nothing better is on. :P

• Community Administrator

I watched the first two seasons, but I now feel enough physical and psychological pain when I try to watch that I have to change the channel. These audition episodes are AWFUL, though the eps when they narrow it down to some people who are mostly ok-good are alright if nothing better is on. :P

I'd rather juggle Chain Saws, while balancing on a Uni-Cycle, holding an inteligent 2 way conversation while drunk, then watch American Idol. Or any reality tv show. ;)

I have to say, though, that funniest of the Idol-shows I have seen is Australian Idol. I only watch the auditions, so I don't know if they end up with anyone good, but I think the judges are funnier than the ones on American Idol. They have a sense of humour unlike the Americans like in the clip I pasted.

If she was a bathtub, I would caulk her!

american idol how do i hate you, let me count the ways.......

and it just gets worse every year, but the worst part is that the local radio show that one of the guys at work HAS to listen to dose the daly recap every day for about three times as long as the show itself.  gose to hammer head into wall.... :-\

Guest silver89

Idol *shudders* Its a horrible show. The worst thing though is that in Oz we don't just get Aussie Idol, we get American Idol in the lead up to our Idol. Double the torture.

• 3 weeks later...

So it seems Idol is bringing in the washed up almost-made-it-but-not-quite pros now.

http://new.music.yahoo.com/blogs/realityrocks/13980/irish-idol-smithsons-secret-past

It sucks because I really like her. She's good and has a winning personality.  But the article is right, the show is supposed to be about giving a chance to those who never had one, not to those who blew their first chance.

Archived