DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

So I need everyone's help on this please!

bjclinton

Small favor....without killing you all with a lot of boring details, I have to write a pretty important speech for next week and i'm at a fork in the road.

In my speech, i'll be talking about the path that someone went down in their life that got them to where they are today, and i'd really like to use a nice quote from one someone famous (All great speeches have that "So and so once said....." in them  ;) )

...anyway, I'd LOVE (purely for personal selfish reasons) to be able to say "My favorite author Robert Jordan once said..." but I can't remember any WoT dialogue or interview dialogue where he has a one or two sentence schpeel about a 'journey.'

If anyone can help with this, you have no idea how much i'd appreciate the help.

Worst case scenerios, any other examples from famous authors, historians, famous politians (BOOORING!), etc would be appreciated.

Thanks guys!~

Death comes for us all. We can only choose how to face it when it comes.

-Aviendha

or, my personal favorite:

Women do not become exhausted, they only exhaust others.

-Elder Haman

but really ... unless you're talking about something that risked their life, or a marriage (which might be considered life-threatening  ;D ) neither of those really applies ...

There are some classics, of course ...

The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step.

-Lao Tzu

Hope is like the sun, which, as we journey toward it, casts the shadow of our burden behind us.

-Samuel Smiles

To get through the hardest journey we need take only one step at a time, but we must keep on stepping.

-Chinese Proverb

Some ... interesting ones ...

What people forget is a journey to nowhere starts with a single step, too.

-Chuck Palahniuk

A journey is like marriage. The certain way to be wrong is to think you control it.

-John Steinbeck

Or, one of my favorites:

Every journey through the world is mirrored by a journey within ourselves.  The changes that happen within us are the result of the choices we make in the world around us, and the world is the result of the choices made by the people in it.  In a very real way, our destination is created by the journey itself.

-Anonymous

Archived