DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Fun Quiz!

Jelly

Right, well, we did this at school, and I thought I'd share it with you.  ;D

I'll post the answers after this post.

The five minute quiz

1. You go to bed at eight o' clock in the evening having wound your clock up and set the alarm for nine o'clock in the morning. How many hours sleep will it allow you?

2. The 5th November is Bon-fire night. Do they have a 5th November in Africa?

3. Some months have 30 days, some have 31, how many have 28?

4. If you only had one match and entered a dark room where you found an oil lamp, a gas heater and some firewood, which would you light first?

5. If a doctor gave you three pills and told you to take them every half an hour, how long would they last?

6. A man builds a house with four sides, each side facing South. A big bear comes wandering by, what colour is the bear?

7. A farmer had 17 sheep. All but nine die. How many does he have left?

8. Divide 30 by half. Add 10. What is the answer?

9. Take two apples from three apples. What do you have?

10. How many animals of each species did Moses take onto the Ark?

11. If you drove a bus with 42 people on board from London and stopped at Watford to pick up 7 more and drop off five. You then went to Luton where you picked up 12 more and dropped off 6 before carrying on to Bedford. What is the drivers name?

12. You have two coins. The total value is 25p. One of the coins is not a 5p piece. What are the two coins?

13. You own a big bungalow. Your favourite colour is green. You decide to paint your stairs and this requires two tins of paint. You only have one tin of green paint so you hunt around and find half a tin of blue and half a tin of red. You decide to carry on and use all the paint. What percentage of the stairs is painted red?

Answers in next post.

(Edit: Yes, thankyou. I forgot 13.  :-[)

I like.  Think they all have a trick.   I will try

1.) Hmm....cannot see it.  Only get 13 hrs

2.) Yes

3.) 12 months.

4.) The match

5.) Two ways to read this.  A.) Not long at all.  Take them all right way and need 3 more in half an hour.  Or B.) 1 hour.  Take one right way, then 1 in half an hour, and another in another half an hour.

6.) White.  Polar bear.  North pole is only place to build a house with 4 walls facing south

7.) 9 left

8.) 70.

9.) You have two apples...the two you took.

10.) Moses didn't do it.  Noah did.  So none.

11.) My name!

12.) Not sure on monetary units, but I presume there is a 20p piece.  So one is a 20p, and the OTHER one is a 5p.

13.) THERE IS NO 13!

14.) Either half or none.  (If you mix the paint, does it still count as a shade of red?)

Edit: NO 13!

Don't cheat!!!

Answers

1. 1 hour. It is a wind up alarm clock -- It cannot discriminate a.m. from p.m

2. Yes

3. All of them. Every month has at least 28 days.

4. The match.

5. Half an hour.

6. The man can't see the bear; he's built a wall in the way.

7. 9 (All but NINE die-nine are alive)

8. 70

9. You have two apples.  ;D

10. None. It was Noah with the ark: not Moses.

11. Your own name. You're driving the bus.

12. A 20p and a 5p. (Only one of them isn't 5p)

13. 0%. Bungalows do not have stairs.  :D

How many did you get right?

1. Up to thirteen before it goes off, unless it winds down beforehand or it's broken.

2. As long as they use the Julian calendar, of course!

3. All of 'em, though only February has exactly 28, and only on non-leap years, of course.

4. The match.

5. If you took one now? An hour. If you waited half an hour first, an hour and a half. Hopefully the effects would last longer, though.

6. ... White? Some kind of thing about being at the North or South pole, making it a polar bear?

7. Nine, unless one or more is pregnant, in which case he has more, unless you follow the "don't count your chickens until they're hatched", and apply it to sheep being born.

8. 70, unless "by" was a typo and you meant "Divide 30 in half", in which case the answer would be 25.

9. Two apples, unless you also "have" the third, in which case you have three. Unless you have more in the kitchen, in which case you have more.

10. If Moses had found the Ark (in Egypt, no less), I think he would have told somebody and it would have been written down in Exodus with everything else.

11. Mine.

12. 5p and 20p? The 20p would be the not-5p. I'm not sure if there's a 20p coin, though, since I'm only really familiar with American coinage.

13. What happened to 13?

14. Zero, unless they're painted red on the underside, and we're not pulling up the planks to find out.

I'm bored at work.  What can I say.

#1.)  Tricky.  I like!

#5.)  Hey!  In my world, I do what the doctor says right away!

#6.)  I like my answer more!  *pout*

#14.) (the fake 13) Oh.  Didn't know that.  How the hell am I supposed to know what you brits call things.  Bungalow, flat...all your fancy names.

1. 1 hour. It is a wind up alarm clock -- It cannot discriminate a.m. from p.m

Really? I've only seen mechanical clocks in pictures, but they usually have a day/night indicator that shows a sun during the day and moon/stars at night, so I assumed an alarm would be tied to that somehow.

5. Half an hour.

Oh, you really did mean "take them every half hour". My mind filtered that, assuming you'd done a typo, because "take them every half hour" is incorrect logic. It's like, "kill yourself every week".

6. The man can't see the bear; he's built a wall in the way.

Say huh? Even if he didn't build any doors, windows, or cracks in the walls and he couldn't see the bear, it would still have a color. *laugh*

13. 0%. Bungalows do not have stairs.  :D

Just because it doesn't have a second floor or a cellar doesn't mean it can't have any stairs. They just wouldn't go to another floor. Ha!

Wait, now I'm confused about number 13/14.

Did that always say "one tin of blue and one tin of red"?

I was sure it originally said "one tin of blue and one tin of yellow", and assumed we were mixing the blue and yellow halves together to make a second tin of green, making the stairs all green, in which case zero percent would be painted red.

Apparently I got the correct answer while getting the whole question and logic wrong. Bah.

That and not knowing what a Bungalow was.

You know what; I don't have a clue.

My maths teacher said that was the answer. Though, when I think about it, I remember that another maths teacher I had last year said it was a polar bear.

So, I think that is the correct answer.

The logic behind it, I think, was that with a house having four walls in a square shape, they could not all be facing the same way. Therefore, he must be an idiot; he built a wall and called it a house.

If you drove a bus with 42 people on board from London and stopped at Watford to pick up 7 more and drop off five. You then went to Luton where you picked up 12 more and dropped off 6 before carrying on to Bedford. What is the drivers name?

I fully endorse driving with 42 passengers

also, I want a door on the wall

and a picture, framed presumably

• 3 months later...

Archived