DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Worst Part of Being Sick

Far Dareis Mai

Guest Far Dareis Mai

Being a former music major, I used to think the absolute worst way to be sick was having a sore throat. I couldn't eat or drink well, I couldn't sing well, and ack! Awful.

When you get sick, what in your opinion is the worst part of being sick? Fever? Puking? Stuffy nose? Coughing? *ahem* the Other Stuff?

Now that I've come to the lovely morning (and afternoon, and night) sickness of my pregnancy, I've decided the absolute worst thing about being sick, is throwing up. Especially when you are doing about four times a day. :(

So what is it for you? Tell me!

I'd have to say it's a tie between the general feel of being sick and the runny/stuffy nose. Whenever I get sick, one side of my nose gets stuffed up completely (so I'm only breathing from one nostril) and the other side is drippy so my nose ends up being completely scraped raw by me rubbing it all of the time. The general feeling of being sick sucks just as much, though. I can deal with the coughing and the sneezing, but the actual feeling is just horrendous. I once had a cough for six months and it didn't really bother me beyond not being able to stop it once it started so I'd cough for a couple of minutes turning red and such. Was annoying.

hmm either puking or having a sore throat would be the worst, mid October I had a cist in my toncile that swelled up to the size of a golf ball (you toncile should be and stay the size of a dime in diameter typically...)

I couldn't eat or sleep for two days straight, we walked into the doctors office and they barely bothered numbing me before cutting because i was in so much pain over my throat I wouldn't have noticed them cutting away at my throat (and I didn't)

but I can see how puking 4 times a day would suck as well

Archived