DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The future of the Tower and Elaida

Thunderbomb

Im curious to see what some peoples viewpoints are on how Elaida's reign will end and what will become of the tower, will it crumble, will it unite under Egwene or will it combine with the Black Tower all...etc

Personally I think Egwene will break the tower from the inside and expose Elaida as a bad leader and basically do to Elaida what she did to Siuan(but with alot more backing from the Ajahs), then I think she will seak combining of towers with the Black Tower (after Mr.Taim gets blown to you know were...hopefully)

Elaida has done a pretty poor job and her days are numbered.  She is actually the epitome of the worst style of management——all stick, no carrot, and endless rage.

On the other hand, Egwene leads by shining example.  I think it only a matter of time before Tar Valon will start to wish she was their Amyrlin, too.  There will likely be a trial, and a crisis (like the much-forshadowed Seanchan attack) during or right after.  At that point, Egwene will take command and prevail, then be set for the Last Battle.

Some sort of fairly peaceful resolution where Elaida takes penance, Egwene is raised Amyrlin, the Black Ajah is purged, and the Tower united.

Could happen, but I doubt it.  It's Elaida's Foretelling vs. Egwene's Dreaming.  Ready?  FIGHT!

I don't envision Elaida being given much of a choice other than take stilling/trial for treason or demotion and still able to channel.  Egwene will unite the Tower and Elaida will be leniently dealt with.

Stilling isn't really so final an option anymore.  I agree that Elaida might very well be forgiven, but hopefully not until Suian has smacked her around for a minute.  Egwene vs. Elaida channelling would clearly be no real contest.  Not only is Egwene much stronger, she knows quite a few AoL tricks.

Eliada will most likely freeze during the attack and Egwene will step up, she will retreat to the rebel camp and a fight will ensue between the Seanchan and Aes Sedai and then on come the Trollocs.  Egwene will then be forced to accept Seanchan, Rand's, Asha'Man and Shen'An'Colhar help to throw the Trollocs back from Tar Valon.  After the Trollocs defeat, Egwene will first be really pissed at Rand, per Eliada's foretelling, then it could go either way.  Egwene could insist on being superior Aes Sedai and getting slapped down or make peace for Tarmon Gai'don.

Maybe I missed something ... who are the Shen'An'Colhar? It sounds familiar but I can't place it. Additionally what exactly did Elaida Foretell. I seem to remember it was about a reunited Tower stronger than ever. If so that will Happen (as the nature of Foretelling is that it always comes true). But there is no mention of when so...  Anyway Egwene's Dream is always just a might, granted a much stronger might then usual, but not an absolute.

devil's advocate: elaida has been handicapped as a formidable leader from day one. alvi ( supreme councilor for the BA) is her second in command. messaana has been sabotaging her internally, and she wasnt well liked in the first place. remember though, she could have and by tower law, should have, had egwene tried and stilled. she did not do this. i dont see any reason why egwene wouldnt show elaida the same courtesy, and i believe she will.

Another point of mitigation is, as I mentioned earlier, the Shadar Logoth influence placed in her by dear Fain. Although it should be noted that she had Suian and Leane brought down on very flimsy charges by the minimum nessecary ammount of sitters, tried in secret, stilled and so fourth before that.

The Shadar Logoth suspicion/paranoia/corruption/whatever planted in her has lead her to mishandle the rebels even more badly than she otherwise would have in my oppinion. I said she would need to die because I recall Fain being fairly certain that his little seed of mistrust was burried plenty deep, although afaik he was targeting his energies at getting her to mishandle Rand (which she promptly did). I don't think he should get all the credit for her massive blunders but I think he deserves atleast a small mention.

Speaking of Fain, where is he? We last saw him in.. WH?

Archived