A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

What are you watching?

Emperor

• Replies 980
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Community Administrator
Anyone here seen Requiem from the darkness, It's an anime and it is interesting in the way it's set out though SD may not like it the plot revolves alot around ghost stories and the darkness in peoples hearts

I don't mind a movie or something thats a collection of 'stories', but an anime series thats roughly 16-24 some episodes and multiple seasons? No. I like plots. ;)

Anyways, the otherday, I saw the 'Dead Space' animated movie.

IT gave some interesting back story on the whole thing (And I totally mis-understood the 'captain fight' thing.) but damn, its bloody. Specially the scene with the chainsaw through that lady! :P

I had an upset stomach after watching it, I don't believe it had anything to do with the movie... Afterall, I've seen all of the saw films, and hostel 1 & 2. ;)

Instead, I think it had more to do with what I ate that day... Uggh that stuff was just.. uggh...

Anywho....

I just watched The Happening....

Remember that scene in the previews, where that lady turned to her friend, looked frightened, and went to stab her self in the neck?

Yea... you might want to consider doing that after watching the movie. ;)

The acting was shallow, the dialogue was Horrible! And there were so many scenes in the script, that just made so little sense!

Well, now I'm about to watch the Critically Aclaimed Mongol and hopefully I can rid the Happening out of my Ram. ;)

and hopefully I can rid the Happening out of my Ram. ;)

... I can't tell if he's talking about his computer, or using a really geeky metaphor for his own memory.  ;D

Ram, Random Access Memory, once the power goes off, the memory is gone.

So yes, it was a geeky metaphor.

And I totally forgot about the horribleness that was The Happening, because mongol was so awesome...

Then you brought it up again! :P

I just finished Season 4 of the Wire.  I think I am ready to make this statement.  Best show HBO has ever made.  Yes better than the Sopranos.  Yes better than Rome.  It is quickly moving into the tops of favorite TV shows of all time.  Why Empy?

Simple.  The show has some of the best developed characters I have ever seen.  It has a very diverse cast.  The show slowly builds up it's plot and no episode feels like a filler or time waster.  The show feels real.  Experts that watch the show say they even hold back because if they made it more real people would not believe it.  It really gets you thinking about our drug problem in our inner cities.  There is a line between good guys and bad guys, but it is easy to cross. 

Anyone looking for a fulfilling TV show to netflix... I happily endorse this show. 

I start Season 5 soon and hear it is even better than 4. 

I am very angry- I just wrote a VERY long post and then it deleted it! GAH!

Anyway...

I'm watching Desperate Housewives Season 5. Season 4 was good but I'm hoping 5 picks up a bit again. I'm only 3 episodes in at the moment though so we'll see!

I just finished Brothers & Sisters Season 1, the first full series of something I rented from my new DVD Renting thing. I liked it but I didn't think it was that amazing except for Matthew Rhys who I thought was fabulous. I'll give Season 2 a whirl though and try to catch Season 3 when it airs over here.

I also recently finished Ugly Betty Season 1, which I borrowed off a friend. I. Loved. It. I'm so angry I missed watch that from the beginning. I'm hoping Santa will bring me the Season 2 boxset.

I've pretty much given up on Heroes for now. I missed one episode and then another and then it kind of seemed pointless to jump in. I'll rent it eventually though. I just hope that it starts getting some more direction- I kind of feel how I did about Lost at the start of Season 3- start giving me some direction and start giving me some answers.

I've also seen some good films recently- How to Lose Friends and Alienate People, Atonement, The Kite Runner and Sweeny Todd. I'm also rewatching  the Pirates of the Caribbean films at the moment and enjoying them. I thought Atonement and The Kite Runner were really fabulous films. I have never cried as much as I did at The Kite Runner- very, very sad.

So I've started DVD renting which I'm so far enjoying. Once I've posted Brothers & Sisters back, I'll be getting Battlestar Galactica: The Mini Series. Everyone always raves about BG so I figured I'd give it a whirl. On the list is also Pushing Dasies Season 1, Sex and the City Season 1, The Sopranos Season 1, The Tin Man, Six Feet Under Season 1 and well, you get the picture- lots of TV I've missed and always wanted to see. I'm also thinking of adding The X Files and Buffy to the list because I missed out on both of those as well. Any other recommendations for things I should watch?

I would recommend House, M.D. and Fringe (you can catch up on Fringe episodes online). House is amazingly funny, and smart, and I am helplessly and hopelessly addicted. end of story. Fringe is...interesting to say the least, and Walter just makes me smile :D

You saw Sweeney Todd! My roommate and I love that movie. Johnny Depp and Tim Burton - what a pair, seriously. Oh, has anyone else heard that Tim Burton is doing an Alice in Wonderland movie and Johnny is going to be the Mad Hatter? How perfect is that? Anyhoo...

How was "How to lose friends and alienate people"? because I heard mixed reviews about that so I'm hesitant to see it.

I definately know about the Alice in Wonderland film- they were filming it near where I live and there was a local call for extras.  I missed out because I had to work.

If you like stuff like Hot Fuzz and Shaun of the Dead, then you should like it. But if you don't then possibly not. For me, I found some of it funny because of all the British stuff he was doing in the US, which made me giggle.

I think Lost is good. 

I watched two movies over the weekend.

The first was a movie called The Visitor.  I am going to say it was probably the best film I have seen this year so far (that came out in 2008).  I can certainly see why the main actor (the dad from Six Feet Under) could get an Oscar nod for best actor.  The movie did a superb job of developing it's characters and telling a story that didn't feel all Hollywood.  It also did a great job of shining a light on a serious problem in the USA. 

The other movie I saw was War, Inc.  I believe this movie was created as a satire on the US involvement in other countries.  I think with actors such as Ben Kingsley and John Cusack the movie would rock.  It felt like they took Grosse Point Blank and made a very bad sequel.  So bad that about a hour in, I stopped watching it.  Sure, the movie could have come together in what was left... but really it was awful. 

I think Lost is good. 

I watched two movies over the weekend.

The first was a movie called The Visitor.  I am going to say it was probably the best film I have seen this year so far (that came out in 2008).  I can certainly see why the main actor (the dad from Six Feet Under) could get an Oscar nod for best actor.  The movie did a superb job of developing it's characters and telling a story that didn't feel all Hollywood.  It also did a great job of shining a light on a serious problem in the USA. 

I might just have to netflix this one...

The other movie I saw was War, Inc.   I believe this movie was created as a satire on the US involvement in other countries.  I think with actors such as Ben Kingsley and John Cusack the movie would rock.  It felt like they took Grosse Point Blank and made a very bad sequel.  So bad that about a hour in, I stopped watching it.  Sure, the movie could have come together in what was left... but really it was awful.   

When I saw this movie on netflix, I thoguth, well thats just a rip off of Lord of War.

http://www.imdb.com/media/rm1426035200/tt0399295

http://www.imdb.com/media/rm4171011840/tt0884224

Season 7 was a huge amount of suckage, this season improved quite a bit on that even before last episode. Much thanks to that Lana finally leaving the show.

(Of course she had a guest appearance in this final episaode that I liked, but ;D)

In the episode I watched last night Lana was in it. It was the wedding of Jimmy and Chloe. Clark gets the crap beat out of him by some werewolf type guy and chloe gets kidnapped.

I tried to go see Bond this weekend, but by 8pm both the 8:15 and the 9:30 show were sold out. Our other choices for anything before 10 pm were: Bolt (zero interest in animated flicks about dogs, dog movies always make me cry, and I wasn't in the mood for that), Twilight (was with a guy, and wasn't particularly interested in that even for myself), and Madagascar 2: <insert unmemorable tagline here... Escape to Africa?? Whatever>.

Now, I saw Madagascar 1 randomly on cable earlier this year, and found it pretty cute and entertaining, so we thought that might be a good second choice. And especially after stopping in the pub next door while we waited about an hour for the movie to start, it really was! I was only just a little bit buzzed at the start of the film, so I can't blame my true enjoyment of this fun little movie on the beer. It was just the right amount of comedy and plot, it was lighthearted and actually made me giggle regularly throughout.  I recommend this for anyone's kids, and adults who don't mind feeling a little kid-like amusement.  :D

Season 7 was a huge amount of suckage, this season improved quite a bit on that even before last episode. Much thanks to that Lana finally leaving the show.

(Of course she had a guest appearance in this final episaode that I liked, but ;D)

In the episode I watched last night Lana was in it. It was the wedding of Jimmy and Chloe. Clark gets the crap beat out of him by some werewolf type guy and chloe gets kidnapped.

That was the last ep, now it is midseason break til sometime next year.

But...werewolf guy? He is a bit worse than that, mate ;D

Archived