DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

M. Night Shymalan

Cadsuane

• 7 months later...

While promoting the “Happening” Blu-ray release via conference call, M. Night Shyamalan said he’s finally keen again to pursue a sequel to his superhero drama “Unbreakable.”

From scifiwire.com:

"I want to write it right now, but I want to write it for the right reasons. I want a story to pop into my head that is organic and expressive of who I am. You know, these are all kind of journals of where I am emotionally, so it's kind of hard. I'm kind of trying to go back to the journal that existed in 1999 for me. But I know me: As soon as I give up on it is when the idea will come to me.”

The writer-director said he had cooled to the idea of planned sequels following “Unbreakable’s” theatrical release because he felt audiences weren’t enthusiastic enough about the original -- but now he senses esteem for the 2000 tale of David Dunn and Elijah Price may have grown sufficiently. “I'll be on the street, and some kid will run across traffic with it in his backpack--he just is carrying it in his backpack--and he'll be running [saying], 'I can't believe it's you!' Will you sign my Unbreakable DVD?' And quoting the thing and all that stuff."

• 1 month later...

Yeah, we just wasted 40 minutes watching the first 40 minutes of The Happening. Sad to say, but I think Battlefield Earth has finally relinquished it's sorry place at the top of my list of worst movies ever.

Now, I love me some M. Night. Sixth Sense is a cinematic masterpiece. Signs is one of the few movies out there that can really creep me out (until the last 10 minutes, anyway...but whenever I rewatch it I just stop the movie when Abigail Bresnan shows how the people on TV are dancing and the movie stays pure). And, as people have mentioned, Unbreakable is delightful, although I don't hold it quite as high as the others I mentioned.

But what in god's holy name was Shyamalan THINKING when he wrote, produced and directed this stinking pile of bantha fodder?!? I didn't think it was possible to make so many good actors deliver so many crappy lines in such a wooden, 2-dimensional, and almost pathetic way. It was as if the death wind had sucked all of their talent from their souls.

And the plot, while it seemed clever and intriguing at first, turned into a ridiculous and completely unbelievable mess. Of course, I get the whole suspension of disbelief thing when watching movies, but seriously now...this is the best he could do?

Because I don't want anyone else to waste their time on such a stupid movie I am going to ruin it for you right here, right now. Here's the entire plot:

Death

Wind

More Death

More Wind

Marky Mark looks concerned

Even More Death

Here Comes the Wind!

Plants Make Bad Wind.

Plants no like people anymore.

Marky Mark says RUN FROM THE WIND!

Uh oh, More Death!

More Wind!

Everyone's dead but Marky Mark and his Zooey.

Here Comes the WIND!!!

But this wind is good.

Bad wind go away.

Yay, she's pregnant!

Uh oh...more wind coming...

Paityr,

Losing his faith in M. Night Shyamalan's sanity since about 48 minutes ago

I took it to the next level. I sat through 40 minutes of drek. But I stayed. I stayed because deep down inside I just couldn't believe that M. Night would do that to us. But he did. Ohhhhh, he did.

And it pains me to say it, but I have to agree that this one will wind up on the all time top awful list.

Dude seriosuly lost his mojo. I have complete faith that he can bring it back, but I hope its sooner rather than later.

Archived