DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

DOOMSLAYER MAFIA - GAME OVER

Darthe

1 hour ago, Cass said:

Nah, on revisiting, I'm at 100% Town potato status and can only blame myself for the roll, can't even read what's right in front of me, so I'm the bad potato... see you all in the morning!

I've been wrong all game, I'm following Cass Potato on this one 

Samuel Hayden, cybernetically enhanced superhuman and chairman of the UAC, walked the wreckage where his satellite had blasted the Martian surface, BFG in hand.  He thought back on that event.  

Spoiler

Target Locked.  Initiating launch sequence.  

The words should've been cold, delivered with the precise robotic tones of AI, but he'd grown numb to this sort of thing a long time ago.  Samuel Hayden watched from the monitor as the hordes of hell battled ferociously, clambering like ants across the hellscape towards their target.  At the center of it all one man moved, making his gory work appear more a dance than a battle.  He was incredible.  Hayden watched an extra moment, as a hulking beast of a demon squared off against the man.  They struck back in forth for a long moment, the beast even getting a clean shot off at his chest.  He appeared down for a moment, but as the beast lurched close the man swung around, BFG round firing a green orb through its' chest.  

Firing.

A blue-white beam of purified Ardent Energy shot forth from the Satellite, and the ground disappeared in a cloud of smoke.  

Zander - John "Reaper" Grimm, Serial Killer and 1x BPV, 1x Role Cop had been killed.

A quick study of the body confirmed that this man was not the slayer.  Hayden wasn't even sure if he could kill the slayer, but he had hopes that this weapon might draw him in.  It saddened him that things had turned out this way, but footage of the Slayer on his Earth Orbital Station, of his complete disregard for the preservation of Ardent Energy reserves or of human collateral, said that this man couldn't be trusted.  The order was given to clear out, and Hayden found a seat on the wreckage while his staff swarmed like bees back towards their drop ships.  

Almost five hours later Hayden found himself watching a lone Imp sauntering across the rubble, fireball juggling between its hands, when the Slayer arrived.  There was no fanfare, no pageantry.  He was simply there one moment, striding confidently towards his objective from behind some wreckage.  Hayden held the BFG in oustretched hands, the trap set.  He was nervous, though this frame would never show it.  

"We could've been allies you know." He found himself saying.  

The Doomslayer punched him in the face, ignoring the BFG completely.  Samuel Hayden felt the shell of his armor crack from that hit, and he slammed backwards into the stone.  A second hit came in, smashing him back again.  Then a third.  Had he made a mistake?  In the Slayers hands a red sword of pure energy lit up, lifted high overhead.  Samuel felt his failure in that moment, knew that somewhere he had miscalculated.  This wasn't a man, driven by its goal, but a monster.  Just as the weapon began to slink forward a fireball hit the Slayer in the back.  The imp?   The crucible went dark, knocked free by the blast.  The imp began to teleport around the crater, flinging fireball after fireball as the Slayer turned to engage.  He bent and picked up the BFG.  NOW.  The weapon, fantastic force of destruction though it was, was a trap.  Hayden had it keyed to a teleporter, which itself only went to a room coated in D'Nurian scrawl that would hold back even the Slayer until released from the outside.  White light glowed around him and he was gone.  

Verbal - The Doomslayer, Serial Killer 1x Doomslayer and 1x Gladiator, has been lynched. 

Samuel Hayden bent over to pick up the Crucible, igniting its red blade.  The world was chaos, and demonic destruction had taken its toll, but he would be the man to right those wrongs.  He alone could lead humanity, towards a brighter and fuller future.  They would learn to use this energy source, learn to conquer Hell itself.  From the shadows the imp leapt at him, and Hayden spun like a whipcrack to impale it on its blade. 

Cass - Imp, Town neighbor with shared powers has been killed.

Yes, they would conquer Hell itself.

AWholeLoafABread - Samuel Hayden, Serial Killer with 1x Strong Janitor and 1x redirect wins the game.

Edited by Darthe

GAME OVER

Sincerely, thank you all for playing.  It's been really fun to mod and even more fun to watch.  Below are links to the dead thread, the neighborhood thread, and a google doc containing the setup.  On the OP are all the writeups, a link to each day start, and full alignment info.  

https://discord.gg/uGxnkjmM

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QyvLQEJLDzoQOZ1ZABkuLa9j5mfS7MRH4ZT8bftDxgc/edit?usp=sharing

Just now, AwholeLoafaBread said:

Thank you Zander! 😊 hope theres no hard feelings Lol

OFC Not!!!!!

Great game....I assumed I was only 3rd party and only 1 Wolf i was trying to draw the NK cause my vest but Derf made sure I had 0% chance of victory and lolololol'd to himself the whole time....lololololol

Thank you Zander! 😊 hope theres no hard feelings Lol

Really hope you'll keep playing Mafia here with us...you did great and have alot if potential and were super fun to play with!!!!!

So, let's talk mod mistakes.

First and foremost, I think Verb is underpowered in this game.  I gotta apologize for that right up front.  His role is a psuedo-roleblocker (it'll block non-target abilities as it did the Cass Lightning Rod at the end of N2) but in the original game it also punished anyone who holstered by poisoning them so they'd die the end of the next full cycle.  I took that away when I was making the game smaller, and that was bad.  Similarly, I had it setup where his gladiator, if it hit an SK, would give him an extra kill and I removed that pre-game.  TBH I weighed that gladiator about as strong as a dayvig and that was my error.  That was supposed to altogether make the Doomslayer a giant killing force, but it didn't work in 7P and I should've replaced it with somethiing.  Even so, he did great! Had he shot last night he would've won at the start of day.  

Secondly, I went back and forth between making the Dreamer ability 1 word answers or yes/no answers.  At gamestart I had decided on yes/no, but I messaged Voodoo early D1 and amended this to one word answers before it ever came into effect.  I think that's the most I've ever meddled in a setup in an active game, but I hope you all don't mind since it was before it could've ever had an impact.

Third, I shoulda split the Janitor and Strongman between two people.  That's probably what I should've given Verb to compensate, but I wanted an SK who only had one ability instead of two, and giving them kill modifiers felt like a reasonable nerf.  Also, I didn't forsee them getting CPR'd and having the BPV (those odds are insane) so I had to go look up whether strongman would penetrate both.  If I had written the setup better I would've made it pierce one, break the BPV, and then the player would get a second shot for the next night.  Hindight being 20/20 and all.

Also, if I were to run this again I'd want another townie or two, and I'd make the Serial Killers aware each other existed. Not who they were, but that three were in the game.  

Beyond that there's a bunch of little tweaks I made that I don't think were wrong, but they changed the game a lot.  I had two mafia and an SK at one point and I wanted to keep that, so I made the wincon to make it to f2 that way SKs could work as de-facto mafia teammates, but they weren't quite given the tools to make that idea stick.  Stuff like that.  Changing the masons to neighbors so I could add a slot as an IC.  Just a bunch of little things.  

Just now, Darthe said:

So, let's talk mod mistakes.

First and foremost, I think Verb is underpowered in this game.  I gotta apologize for that right up front.  His role is a psuedo-roleblocker (it'll block non-target abilities as it did the Cass Lightning Rod at the end of N2) but in the original game it also punished anyone who holstered by poisoning them so they'd die the end of the next full cycle.  I took that away when I was making the game smaller, and that was bad.  Similarly, I had it setup where his gladiator, if it hit an SK, would give him an extra kill and I removed that pre-game.  TBH I weighed that gladiator about as strong as a dayvig and that was my error.  That was supposed to altogether make the Doomslayer a giant killing force, but it didn't work in 7P and I should've replaced it with somethiing.  Even so, he did great! Had he shot last night he would've won at the start of day.  

Secondly, I went back and forth between making the Dreamer ability 1 word answers or yes/no answers.  At gamestart I had decided on yes/no, but I messaged Voodoo early D1 and amended this to one word answers before it ever came into effect.  I think that's the most I've ever meddled in a setup in an active game, but I hope you all don't mind since it was before it could've ever had an impact.

Third, I shoulda split the Janitor and Strongman between two people.  That's probably what I should've given Verb to compensate, but I wanted an SK who only had one ability instead of two, and giving them kill modifiers felt like a reasonable nerf.  Also, I didn't forsee them getting CPR'd and having the BPV (those odds are insane) so I had to go look up whether strongman would penetrate both.  If I had written the setup better I would've made it pierce one, break the BPV, and then the player would get a second shot for the next night.  Hindight being 20/20 and all.

Also, if I were to run this again I'd want another townie or two, and I'd make the Serial Killers aware each other existed. Not who they were, but that three were in the game.  

Beyond that there's a bunch of little tweaks I made that I don't think were wrong, but they changed the game a lot.  I had two mafia and an SK at one point and I wanted to keep that, so I made the wincon to make it to f2 that way SKs could work as de-facto mafia teammates, but they weren't quite given the tools to make that idea stick.  Stuff like that.  Changing the masons to neighbors so I could add a slot as an IC.  Just a bunch of little things.  

It was the very best bro fun fast loose game are a great change of pace and I'd def play it again.

• Darthe changed the title to DOOMSLAYER MAFIA - GAME OVER
51 minutes ago, Zander? said:

Poor Cass prolly has PTSD....lolololol

<.< I'll be watching from the spec chats again for forever! I think we need to check on SD... That man deserves an award, 100% the kill me song was perfect 🤣

26 minutes ago, Darthe said:

She did great!  Understood the game better than she pretended so no D1 pass in the next one folks!

🎉 robot indeed 😛 super impressive and scary!

I hope to see you play more!

42 minutes ago, Cass said:

<.< I'll be watching from the spec chats again for forever! I think we need to check on SD... That man deserves an award, 100% the kill me song was perfect 🤣

🎉 robot indeed 😛 super impressive and scary!

I hope to see you play more!

Thank you both! I was wringing my hands over Zandee, Darthe can tell you, I felt soooo bad.

You were the last town standing Cass, you were awesome and you had me questioning everything (like someone I know?.. loljk) thank you both, and I might play again. I got my 2nd to last semester of university starting Wednesday so it may be a while, but I loved playing with all of you 🙂

Also, Verbal32, take a bow, I legit had no idea, you had me so convinced you were town!

Thank you both! I was wringing my hands over Zandee, Darthe can tell you, I felt soooo bad.

You were the last town standing Cass, you were awesome and you had me questioning everything (like someone I know?.. loljk) thank you both, and I might play again. I got my 2nd to last semester of university starting Wednesday so it may be a while, but I loved playing with all of you 🙂

Also, Verbal32, take a bow, I legit had no idea, you had me so convinced you were town!

I meant Zander lol

5 hours ago, AwholeLoafaBread said:

Yes, all attempts at brushing off my idiotics aside, 1000000% this, Verb, in case it isn't obvious, that's what I meant about couldn't read and bad potato, before going to bed and that needs to be acknowledged. 

ETA/clarify stuff and give credit where it's due - I still don't feel I can do internet speaking so

Verb you were wolfy in alignment, but so much more Towny in approach to me and the game.

I never really got the balance, despite SD  basically laying everything out

I didn't read properly and latched on to the assumption he was hinting that it would be 1 wolf 1, 3P/Vig at that end. 

@SinisterDeath is what got me to be as comfortable as I could with Wolf Verb, Toast not-wolf, even I failed his all laying out, and I didn't express it properly, I felt it in my bones he was legit good at this.

I legit had a horrifying moment after I'd voted Verb where I thought that you were Town, Zander actually WAS wolf and Loaf was 3P Town aligned. 

@Zander?, fwiw I had you trending up, and yes, at one point really thought there was a chance Redacted was what made you excited and you had some power that would bring you back >.< 

Then the 'Zander was/wasn't Town' 'possibilities' got me tangled up in aaaaalllllll the paranoia. 

And I meant it when I said that @SinisterDeath was my bad, but that and not reading properly, and not Lightening @VooDooNut in time (!!!!!!!) legit was equal to a wolf manoeuvre for Town, even if it was genuinely never meant that way and I'm sorry. I can have all the paranoia and stupidity and froze-ness and ??wanting to get something right, but they don't belong in a Town and they don't get to be excuses.

And @AwholeLoafaBread thanks for the perfect toasting and leading the whole way throughout the game!

Again/TLDR - I really appreciate you all for having me, and for setting good examples to follow - sorry for the aids!