DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

more about the "dark side"

sunking

1)OK one thing that has been bothering me for awhile is what the last battle will be like. Do you think that rand will right the DO or will he fight his chosen one moridin and the battle will be decided by that?? As for me(i hope this doesnt happen) i think he will fight moridin since the DO hasnt really made a big appearance in the series.

2)How come shadar haran doesnt come to any of the meeting of the forsaken. Does moridin know him?

3)I dont think rand will kill all of the forsaken. I think our favorite pschyo padan fain will take a few out. i think he will fall to rand at the end though?

1)Rand will fight Moridin for sure but he will have to do something else to seal the prison (after Moridin dies I believe)

2)Moridin has spoken of shadar haran before I think.... Cant remember.

3)Padan Fain may come against Rand but I think Slayer may take him out eventually or he gets throwin off the ways... (good thoughts)

Another thing I wouldnt mind knowing is if the ways get fixed eventually..... I spose this is something after TG though....

Guest Majsju

1. Rand must fight Moridin. I'm not a big fan of confrontations set in stone, it's much more fun when the unexpected character pops out to put a knife in someone's back, but this is The confrontation of the series. But it won't be the end of TG, except for killing Moridin will make it easier for Rand to fix the seal.

Now, for Rand to actually face the DO...I doubt it. At least a direct confrontation. I don't think the Bore will be big enough for the DO to get out. Remember that 10 years of outright war in the AOL didn't make it possible for the DO to get out. But it will be big enough for him to touch the world more than back in the AOL, big enough to make it possible for the DO to try to fight back.

All the forsaken meetings seem to be in T'A'R. Perhaps SH can't enter there. We've seen relatively little of his powers, but we do know he has limits, like his ties to SG.

But even if he can enter, since he seems to be, if not working directly with Moridin, at least close enough for Moridin to know what he did to Mesaana, close enough for SH to deliver Moghedien into Moridin's care. If we assume it works the other way around, that SH knows what happens on these meetings, why show the rest of the Forsaken what the relationship between Moridin and SH is, before they need to know?

As for Fain, I don't think he will take any forsaken. I do think that he'll be the one to off SH though. As for the other forsaken...Mesaana seems to have a good chance at being killed or captured soon, with so many things going on concerning the White Tower at the same time.

Graendal...I have started to nurture the idea that Avi will take care of that. Avi is in Arad Doman right now, and if her new Talent happens to include recognizing angreal as well...

Just to mention two that seems likely to be offed by others than Rand.

Im sorry, WHAT?!?

Prophecy? The Shadow's goal?! Hello?

The Dragon HAS to fight the dark one, that is the point of his (re)life. Tarmon Gaidon is where the dark one breaks free and the Dragon is there to face him. He WILL break free, and even if he didn't, Rand will never be able to match the accomplishments of the Hundred Companions again.

This isn't a possibility, this is a requirement!

... And Siswai'aman said "let there be Flame..."

And there was Flaming.

Guest Majsju
Im sorry' date=' WHAT?!?

Prophecy? The Shadow's goal?! Hello?

The Dragon HAS to fight the dark one, that is the point of his (re)life. Tarmon Gaidon is where the dark one breaks free and the Dragon is there to face him. He WILL break free, and even if he didn't, Rand will never be able to match the accomplishments of the Hundred Companions again.

This isn't a possibility, this is a requirement!

... And Siswai'aman said "let there be Flame..."

And there was Flaming.[/quote']

Nowhere does the prophecies say that the DO will actually break free. The closest it comes is in TGH,

"And it shall come to pass that what men made shall be shattered, and the Shadow shall lie across the Pattern of the Age, and the DO shall once more lay his hand upon the world of man"

And well, that is pretty much fulfilled already, the Shadow IS lying over the pattern, the DO IS touching the world.

No, there is no evidence that suggests that SH was involved in the entrapment of cyndanes mind... it may be that that is the case, but there is no evidence of it. I meant what i said, in that Shadar haren went to make sure Graendal went to Moridin.

Sure there is. We know that Moggy wakes up with SH there showing her her mindtrap, and then Moridin has it. The logical vehicle of delivery is SH. It's reasonable to guess that the same pattern took place with Cyndane.

It's not proof, but I think it constitutes circumstantial evidence.

J

Thats analgous assumption' date=' not evidence. I agree that its a fair assumption to make, but it wasn't what i was talking of earlier.[/quote']

I specifically said it was reasonable to guess...there is circumstantial evidence. I didn't say it *proved* it, but I consider it the most reasonable assumption in the absence of proof.

J

• 4 weeks later...

I think that Shaidar Haran is all the DO we are gonna physically see. Moridin wields the power's of the Dark One. Perhaps, the only DO we shall see is him talking to rand (normal evil mencaing rubbish which will later come to cajoling as rand starts to repair the seal damage lol :p. perhaps a battle of wills shall take place. I think that one confrontation that we can expect to see is that between Padane Fain/Mordeth and Luc/Isam/Slayer. too (technically speaking) mind-shape shifters, probably one of the climatic battles fought in some shady back alley.:p

I suspect you may be right, though i think Shadar Haren will change and grow more badass when the last seals are broken. Certainly SH has a reason to his existence.

Jedi, sorry, i get pedantic when im tired.

I think Mat will wind up doing in SH. Just a gut feeling of mine and doesnt have much to do with this thread.

I find the DO to be more of a force than a physical being. His hand touching the land is most likely a metaphor for having control over the land than actually physically touching anything.

I think Mat will wind up doing in SH. Just a gut feeling of mine and doesnt have much to do with this thread.

I find the DO to be more of a force than a physical being. His hand touching the land is most likely a metaphor for having control over the land than actually physically touching anything.

Archived