DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

What are you reading?

Ryrin

• Club Leader

I'm working out the final book in the Earth Children's (Clan of the Cave Bear) series. It's a reread. Then I'm going to start on the Twisted Tale Collection. They are YA books that ask questions like "What if Belle's mother cursed the Beast?" or "What if Aladdin never found the lamp?" I love YA literature and Disney, so this should be good. 

16 hours ago, LadyWordsmith said:

I am currently on a re-read of the Collegium Chronicles by Mercedes Lackey. They have been good for spurring my creative juices for the novel I am currently working on. 🙂

What’s it about? Tell us more about the novel? 

14 hours ago, LilyElizabeth said:

I'm working out the final book in the Earth Children's (Clan of the Cave Bear) series. It's a reread. Then I'm going to start on the Twisted Tale Collection. They are YA books that ask questions like "What if Belle's mother cursed the Beast?" or "What if Aladdin never found the lamp?" I love YA literature and Disney, so this should be good. 

I love the Clan of the Cave Bear series. I’ve been considering a re-read too. I so enjoyed those books.  I enjoy YA literature as well. 

Has anyone read “The Book Thief?”

20 hours ago, Ryrin said:

What’s it about? Tell us more about the novel? 

'This' series takes place at a point in Valdemar's (the main country in the series, if anyone hasn't read it) history before the original/primary plotline that spanned nine novels. It follows a young boy who was raised as a mine slave (he was found as a toddler in a den of raiders, his parents dead) and the plot of this particular five-book series covers not only his rescue and training as a Herald, but also the unraveling of his mysterious history (which involves dealing with some people who keep trying to murder the king ... and then trying to kidnap him and he has no idea why). It's very dramatic and fun. 🙂 Lackey spent 11 novels with this character (and his children for one trilogy). This is my first re-read since I read them as they came out. (She usually puts out several novels a year, in a variety of worlds. So she averages 'one' in a particular world roughly at a time). 

On 11/27/2021 at 9:37 AM, LilyElizabeth said:

I haven't. Tell us about it?

It’s interesting because “Death” is the narrator and a little German girl is the main character. The setting is Nazi Germany. It’s located in the YA section of the book store. It became an international best seller and sold 63 million copies. 

18 hours ago, LadyWordsmith said:

'This' series takes place at a point in Valdemar's (the main country in the series, if anyone hasn't read it) history before the original/primary plotline that spanned nine novels. It follows a young boy who was raised as a mine slave (he was found as a toddler in a den of raiders, his parents dead) and the plot of this particular five-book series covers not only his rescue and training as a Herald, but also the unraveling of his mysterious history (which involves dealing with some people who keep trying to murder the king ... and then trying to kidnap him and he has no idea why). It's very dramatic and fun. 🙂 Lackey spent 11 novels with this character (and his children for one trilogy). This is my first re-read since I read them as they came out. (She usually puts out several novels a year, in a variety of worlds. So she averages 'one' in a particular world roughly at a time). 

This sounds really good. I think this will be my next series. Have you read “An Ember in the Ashes” series? It’s fantastic. It’s written by a woman, Sabaa Tahir. It’s also considered YA but I really enjoy those.