DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Chitter Chatter Summer Edition (2021)

Ryrin

image.jpeg.85153d31537986b1f39144efcf262d7b.jpeg

Are you enjoying summer?

We are buying a house. It’s supposed to close by Tuesday! Fingers crossed.

It’s an older house with hardwood floors, a fireplace, and new flooring in the kitchen and bathrooms. The best thing about it is that it has a built in pool! Oh, there is a lemon tree and other fruit trees plus grape vines.

I’m trying to move while I have lateral & medial tears in my meniscus. I have a good friend that is helping me.

• Ryrin changed the title to Chitter Chatter Summer Edition (2021)

That's so exciting!

Please take it as easy as you can. I wouldn't want your injuries to get worse. 

Thanks, Lily! I am. 

Your new house sounds wonderful! Take care of yourself, so you can enjoy it once you get all moved in! 🙂

So far we are also enjoying summer. We built a shed in the back yard, which pulls some things out of the garage. We have gotten the paint to paint the back fence, and we have gotten a back-yard trampoline (still in the box until the fence is painted), to give us some at-home enjoyable exercise. 

Now that we are ALL vaccinated (including the 15 year old!) we are going to an SCA event at the end of the month, where I can finally deliver the two commissions I finished March of '2020' (one of them will be entered in the Arts and Sciences Competition there before the recipient takes possession. 🙂 ) 
. Activities have reopened as long as we are outdoors, masked, not sharing food, etc.... (in limited numbers until July) so we are slowly reacclimating ourselves to hanging out with folks (And the weather because the heat roared in late and hard. It was 106 two days ago with the humidity!). 

Yesterday locally we had a weaving class and I 'finally' learned how to warp a small loom for card weaving! Proud of myself. As much as I love the beautiful of fiber arts, I generally am awful at things that involve three-dimensional movement. I'm better at flat art (like painting. 😉 ). 

• 3 weeks later...
17 hours ago, Wren of the Brown said:

Boop!

Wren!!! ❤️

How are you! Tell us what’s happening in your life!

On 6/13/2021 at 12:37 PM, LadyWordsmith said:

Your new house sounds wonderful! Take care of yourself, so you can enjoy it once you get all moved in! 🙂

So far we are also enjoying summer. We built a shed in the back yard, which pulls some things out of the garage. We have gotten the paint to paint the back fence, and we have gotten a back-yard trampoline (still in the box until the fence is painted), to give us some at-home enjoyable exercise. 

Now that we are ALL vaccinated (including the 15 year old!) we are going to an SCA event at the end of the month, where I can finally deliver the two commissions I finished March of '2020' (one of them will be entered in the Arts and Sciences Competition there before the recipient takes possession. 🙂 ) 
. Activities have reopened as long as we are outdoors, masked, not sharing food, etc.... (in limited numbers until July) so we are slowly reacclimating ourselves to hanging out with folks (And the weather because the heat roared in late and hard. It was 106 two days ago with the humidity!). 

Yesterday locally we had a weaving class and I 'finally' learned how to warp a small loom for card weaving! Proud of myself. As much as I love the beautiful of fiber arts, I generally am awful at things that involve three-dimensional movement. I'm better at flat art (like painting. 😉 ). 

I’d love to learn weaving with an inkle loom!!

I’m outta the rental!

12 hours ago, Ryrin said:

Wren!!! ❤️

How are you! Tell us what’s happening in your life!

Oof. Where do I start?

I've been staying at an LGBT farm in Colorado and am going to Ohio for the summer. I'm off-and-on in grad school as I can find time and resources, but it's not a priority. Gonna take a firefighting course in Ohio, and I start working in a bakery next week!

How's you?