DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

That One Scene

raz311

On 8/25/2019 at 10:47 AM, 2RiversFan said:

- Nyneave overcoming her block

That is one of my favorite scenes! And then being saved and reunited with Lan. Chokes me up every time. But I hope in the show she is not so stubborn about allowing her happiness to show.  Being reunited with the love of your life is no time to be stoic--giggle all you want to!

On 8/25/2019 at 12:11 PM, Elaevia said:

- Mat vs Galad and Gawyn,

I love me some awesome Mat! If they combine the two brothers into one character I will be so sad because then we won't have this scene.

On 8/25/2019 at 12:53 PM, DemandredFO said:

Nyneave accidentally healing Logain and then realizing whoops, I healed a false dragon.

LOL! That would be priceless! I'm sure they'll show it, especially since Rafe said he wants to expand Logain's role.

On 9/17/2019 at 3:37 PM, Justice For Mat said:

I also hope they keep the scene in Caemlyn where Mat goes to deliver Elayne's letter, and he puts that flower in his hair. It's such a little thing, but it always makes me smile. 

Oh, and I'm really excited just to see how they do the opening credits! It's not that important, but, at the same time, it's so important. 

So many little things like that are part of what makes this series such a joy to read. I don't think I go more than two chapters in any book without smiling or chuckling at something.

Credits are a big deal! Look how iconic some have become like Star Wars (not suggesting WoT opening will even come close to that) and GoT. Those give me goosebumps. And then there is the theme to Harry Potter that almost everyone recognizes whether they're a fan or not. We hope WoT will be an epic show--it's music needs to be too.

Rand cleansing the power is a big one for me, and the battle in the borderlands where he just pretty much wipes out all the trollocs single handedly. I can never remember where it is but it's in either The Gathering Storm or Towers of Midnight. I'm sure someone can refresh my memory. ☺️

Rand falling into the palace gardens in Caemlyn.

Someone said Perrin forging an axe--that would be awesome. Just to see him in his element.

Egwene becoming the Flame of Tar Valon during Tarmon Gaidan right before she dies!

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 8/25/2019 at 10:21 PM, Vambram said:

I am looking forward to seeing onscreen all of the majorly important scenes that most WOT fans love. Heck, I love those scenes too. However, in season 1 focusing on tEotW, I want the tv show to really put forth the horror aspect of those dreams and nightmares in which Ishamael, aka Ba'alzamon, scared the bejesus out of Rand, Perrin, and Mat. If Rafe, his directors, and the actors can really show in the visual format just how frightening those constant nightmares are to those characters, I would love it. Doing so would help make a clear distinction between The Wheel of Time tv series as compared to other fantasy tv shows. 

The nightmares will great to see if they can make them truly frighten-you-to-death scenes.

On 8/26/2019 at 7:33 PM, Fievelgoespostal said:

The scene where Lanfear peels the skin off the Darkfriend in the wagon and then throws the skin towards Rand/Egwene and company and inflates it in mid-air.

Eeew, really? I would have to close my eyes for that one, although it's not like there won't be plenty of other scenes that I will not be able to watch. Oh, I hope they DO NOT show Sevanna and her cronies tearing that other Wise One to pieces. (No Shaido at all would be fine with me.)

On 8/28/2019 at 2:33 PM, DemandredFO said:

I forgot @Polskijabut yeah, you need to have the linedancing scene, the fishing one, Aes Sedai need to slowly be revealed as human.

Not to mention the surprise on the boys' faces when they see an Aes Sedai dancing!

On 9/5/2019 at 2:34 PM, Dagon Thyne said:

Rand fighting Ishamel in the skies above Falme, and the viewers all realizing he is really the Dragon Reborn.  

On 9/19/2019 at 4:08 PM, Kalle alTear said:

I can't wait to see Moiraine tell the story of Manatharen. I really hope they give us glimpses into that past when she does. 

Galad  (I just want to see someone so pretty)   OOOH speaking of a whitecloak!! How about that Dark Friend gathering where you discover that one of them IS a Whitecloak and inquisitor!!! 

Igtor coming back to the Light at the last moment and giving his life so that the others can escape. I bawl my eyes out every time I read that part.   Dumai’s Wells, 

Verin's reveal.  (another tear fest) . 

The Malkiri riding to join Lan with the Golden Crane flying again. 

Or The moment when Rand finally after all that resisting and anger accepts his fate and is at peace with himself and what is destined to happen. His walk back down the mountain and everything coming to life around him. I cried so hard.   

All of these, definitely!

That one scene for me is from The Fires of Heaven when Rand chases Aviendha down, who travels to that mysterious place and runs from him for miles through the snow, and he finally catches her, and they make love in the snow shelter, and then run into the Seanchen when trying to get back. 

That scene blew me away in the books.

If they cut the Rand/Aviendha love story I will be greatly displeased.

Dum

On 9/19/2019 at 4:08 PM, Kalle alTear said:

I can't wait to see Moiraine tell the story of Manatharen. I really hope they give us glimpses into that past when she does. 

Galad  (I just want to see someone so pretty)   OOOH speaking of a whitecloak!! How about that Dark Friend gathering where you discover that one of them IS a Whitecloak and inquisitor!!! 

Igtor coming back to the Light at the last moment and giving his life so that the others can escape. I bawl my eyes out every time I read that part.   Dumai’s Wells, 

Verin's reveal.  (another tear fest) . 

The Malkiri riding to join Lan with the Golden Crane flying again. 

Or The moment when Rand finally after all that resisting and anger accepts his fate and is at peace with himself and what is destined to happen. His walk back down the mountain and everything coming to life around him. I cried so hard.   

Yup!! The ride of the  Malkiri at the Gap. The gateways opening. "and ten thousand became a hundred thousand... "  Wow. Has to be there.

• 11 months later...

So many fantastic scenes recounted here, I love reading through a thread like this.

For the entire series, I really hope we get to see the attack on the WT, Egwene rallying the defense and through Elaida receiving a new name at the end. 

Cleansing would be a close second.

Third for me would be the wonder-girls intro to the Aiel - from the first hello all the way through their dismantling of the fades.

Also hoping for a worthy rendition of the First Sister adoption ceremony.

warning spoilers, but you really shouldn’t be reading this thread if you are trying to avoid spoilers

Ones I’m most looking forward to. if they happen.

1/ Rand, Tam and Bella walking towards EF, i think I’ll break down at that moment

2/ Rand meeting Loail, he shouted Trolloc, fell over and looked up, up and up. Loail is a character they need to get right, universally loved by readers, the producers need to get the same from the viewers.
3/ The arrival of the Heroes of the Horn at Falme. Hawkwing is the perfect character for a Cameo from a major star.

4/ Mat giving Gawyn and Galad a lesson in the Staff.

5/ The Battle of Emonds Field. I think this was Faile’s finest moment.

6/ Dumais Wells, i think everyone wants to see that one.

7/ The Cleansing of Saidin. 

8/ Egwene back in the Tower and the AS trying to break her.

9/ Mat reading Thoms letter about Morraine, i think the producers will play this up more than was done in the Books. 

10/ The entire final battle, it could very well be the longest continuous Battle ever filmed. The chapter in AMOL is 200 pages long and takes 9 hours for Michael and Kate to narrate. It could make the Battle of the Bastards or the 5 Armies look like a Bar Brawl between some Drunks. It is the longest most epic fictional battle i have ever read, everything from Swordplay to Sorcery to Cannons.

The scene I’m least looking forward to seeing is the lighting of the Pipe as it will mean its all over.

2 hours ago, Harldin said:

warning spoilers, but you really shouldn’t be reading this thread if you are trying to avoid spoilers

Ones I’m most looking forward to. if they happen.

1/ Rand, Tam and Bella walking towards EF, i think I’ll break down at that moment

2/ Rand meeting Loail, he shouted Trolloc, fell over and looked up, up and up. Loail is a character they need to get right, universally loved by readers, the producers need to get the same from the viewers.
3/ The arrival of the Heroes of the Horn at Falme. Hawkwing is the perfect character for a Cameo from a major star.

4/ Mat giving Gawyn and Galad a lesson in the Staff.

5/ The Battle of Emonds Field. I think this was Faile’s finest moment.

6/ Dumais Wells, i think everyone wants to see that one.

7/ The Cleansing of Saidin. 

8/ Egwene back in the Tower and the AS trying to break her.

9/ Mat reading Thoms letter about Morraine, i think the producers will play this up more than was done in the Books. 

10/ The entire final battle, it could very well be the longest continuous Battle ever filmed. The chapter in AMOL is 200 pages long and takes 9 hours for Michael and Kate to narrate. It could make the Battle of the Bastards or the 5 Armies look like a Bar Brawl between some Drunks. It is the longest most epic fictional battle i have ever read, everything from Swordplay to Sorcery to Cannons.

The scene I’m least looking forward to seeing is the lighting of the Pipe as it will mean its all over.

Amazing list. All I would add is Egwene and Verin, a chapter written by the master himself.

1 hour ago, templar7 said:

Amazing list. All I would add is Egwene and Verin, a chapter written by the master himself.

I could easily come up with another 10 that I’m looking forward to as much and yes Egwene and Verin and the arrival of the Borderland Armies definitely belong on that list.

A small one but it will bring a smile but I’m not sure how they would do it is how all 3 boys were always thinking to themselves how 1 of the other 2 knew woman better then they did. You would have Rand think to himself, i wish Perrin was here he knows woman better than me, or Mat saying that about Rand or Perrin saying that about Mat.

Edited by Harldin

On 10/4/2019 at 12:51 PM, DragonFairy said:

The nightmares will great to see if they can make them truly frighten-you-to-death scenes.

Eeew, really? I would have to close my eyes for that one, although it's not like there won't be plenty of other scenes that I will not be able to watch. Oh, I hope they DO NOT show Sevanna and her cronies tearing that other Wise One to pieces. (No Shaido at all would be fine with me.)

Not to mention the surprise on the boys' faces when they see an Aes Sedai dancing!

All of these, definitely!

No Shaido after Dumais Wells, that whole storyline can be cut. Perrin forging his power wrought Hammer with Grady is one I’m looking forward to, and something that may possibly happen much earlier to.

Edited by Harldin

Someone above mentioned the opening Credits, i have an idea for that.

I’m expecting the main cast for S1 to consist of Morraine, Lan and the EF 5, everyone else as recurring characters(will of course change for later seasons). 
For the opening credits i would have the wheel slowly turning and as it reaches a spoke each with an Age written next to it a Cast Members name appears. Then as the episode begins you have the Episodes guest Stars come up. 

15 hours ago, mistborn82 said:

You need the shaido or some army for Malden but however, I expect it will occur much differently. Also @HarldinPerrin's storyline will be changed the most, at least I think because he has very uneven character development. I expect Faile's development to change alot too as hers is almost as uneven as perrin.

I really feel like replacing the Shaido with Masema and the Dragonsworn is the way to go. 

First, there's no real reason there have to be channelers at Malden. No channelers means no reason to find massive quantities of forkroot. That means no need to work with or involve the Seanchan, which is fine since that relationship never pays off anyway. (Someone else can tell Tuon that the Dragon's people are okay)

But, if you want to have the Seanchan you can. Both could be looking to stop Masema and could still become allies in the effort for reasons that will be easy enough to concoct.

Rewriting Masema to make him both more nuanced and more of a threat would play huge dividends for Perrin's arc. It could force Perrin into a choice between disobeying Rand and doing what's right. (A choice that Sanderson/Jordan bail him out of by letting Faile do it)

And you can also write Faile's kidnapping in a way that puts more tension into Perrin's choices. Instead of FIND FAILE, it becomes rescue Faile in a way that doesn't allow Masema to have his followers execute Perrin. 

On 9/27/2020 at 11:32 PM, Harldin said:

No Shaido after Dumais Wells, that whole storyline can be cut. Perrin forging his power wrought Hammer with Grady is one I’m looking forward to, and something that may possibly happen much earlier to.

Good call on the Shaido. The hammer will be epic too.

Guest redgiant

I go for mostly subtle scenes where the import of what is at stake or a small but telling reaction or comment is a major inflection point in the story. Often where the overall stakes have just been raised by what was just witnessed, even if we don't know precisely now yet.

You can imagine a suitably epic but understated theme song riff to undercurrent these scenes:

- Rand is staring at the untainted  pool of saidin, unconsciously backing away from it.

- Forward ... and back, all of it.

- Blademaster, when he realizes he is facing a real heron mark blademaster and he says to Rand "Let us see what it takes to earn the heron mark on this side of the ocean."

- when he bursts from confinement, and the first Aes Sedai 'kneel to the forgotten sign' at Dumai's Wells. "Kneel and swear to the Lord Dragon, or you will be knelt."

My favorite though has to be this exchange:

“It takes more than bravery to bind a man to the Horn.” Artur Hawkwing’s voice was deep and carrying, a voice used to giving commands.... “Only a few are bound to the Wheel, spun out again and again to work the will of the Wheel in the Pattern of the Ages. You could tell him, Lews Therin, could you but remember when you wore flesh.” He was looking at Rand.

These all *have* to be handled in an epic way by the TV series.

2 hours ago, redgiant said:

I go for mostly subtle scenes where the import of what is at stake or a small but telling reaction or comment is a major inflection point in the story. Often where the overall stakes have just been raised by what was just witnessed, even if we don't know precisely now yet.

You can imagine a suitably epic but understated theme song riff to undercurrent these scenes:

- Rand is staring at the untainted  pool of saidin, unconsciously backing away from it.

- Forward ... and back, all of it.

- Blademaster, when he realizes he is facing a real heron mark blademaster and he says to Rand "Let us see what it takes to earn the heron mark on this side of the ocean."

- when he bursts from confinement, and the first Aes Sedai 'kneel to the forgotten sign' at Dumai's Wells. "Kneel and swear to the Lord Dragon, or you will be knelt."

My favorite though has to be this exchange:

“It takes more than bravery to bind a man to the Horn.” Artur Hawkwing’s voice was deep and carrying, a voice used to giving commands.... “Only a few are bound to the Wheel, spun out again and again to work the will of the Wheel in the Pattern of the Ages. You could tell him, Lews Therin, could you but remember when you wore flesh.” He was looking at Rand.

These all *have* to be handled in an epic way by the TV series.

You won’t get any disagreement on those from me, Dumais Wells is the big one though and so central to the whole story, i think you could easily seperate everything into pre DW and post DW. 

13 hours ago, Harldin said:

You won’t get any disagreement on those from me, Dumais Wells is the big one though and so central to the whole story, i think you could easily seperate everything into pre DW and post DW. 

100% this.

Post Dumai's Wells, people who have not read the books need to start seeing Rand as someone who will turn out to be the villain/primary antagonist. Where Danerys turn to mass murdering facist autocrat came completely out of the blue, that should appear to be a perfectly plausible outcome for Rand after DW.

And the scene itself needs to be handled so carefully on so many levels. Rand's confinement in "the box", the ascendancy of Lews Therin, the sheer horror of the battle, the ominous nature of the Asha'man, the fulfilling of prophecy. 

On 9/27/2020 at 11:21 PM, Harldin said:

I could easily come up with another 10 that I’m looking forward to as much and yes Egwene and Verin and the arrival of the Borderland Armies definitely belong on that list.

A small one but it will bring a smile but I’m not sure how they would do it is how all 3 boys were always thinking to themselves how 1 of the other 2 knew woman better then they did. You would have Rand think to himself, i wish Perrin was here he knows woman better than me, or Mat saying that about Rand or Perrin saying that about Mat.

So much this.  The uncertainty of young males as their exposure to the world expands is so much a part of the story that folks gloss over.  Sure the big action scenes are fun, and will be impressive on screen, but the humanity so richly revealed in the books is just as important to me.  I want to feel the depth of the bond shared between the EF5 as they take their collective leave from home.

///////////

Dumai's has been persuasively argued as the one scene, and I am wavering on it's inclusion as number two on my list but the aerial assault on the WT keeps that scene first on my list as far as anticipation for a visual presentation.

Cleansing or DWells for number 2 as I see it. 

Chapter 37 is going to be a different beast entirely

Let's not forget some of the more interesting scenes such as the battles against the forsaken, the seanchan taking over boats, machin shin, forsaken secret meetings, the WAYS, Lanfear and more Lanfear, Moraine growing to be a giant and stepping over the city walls, battle in the mountains of mist when the wolves say "We Come!", Loial getting angry... the list goes on and on.

• 4 weeks later...

There are so many things I want to see! The Aelfin and Elefin (spelling?) and the Tower of Genji, and Rhudian (spelling?) and Mat being hanged, really the entire "Rand in the Wastes" saga, and.....so, so many other things that I want to see them get just right. I'm one of those foolish fans who wants a perfect adaptation with every single scene, character, line of dialogue, all of it, and will struggle to accept even the most minor of changes. And I know I'm as crazy as Rand for wanting that and it'll never happen, is likely impossible to achieve in any format, and probably shouldn't happen since tv is a vastly different animal, but....I want what I want and all attempts to temper my own expectations have failed. ? 

But, and maybe this'll sound weird, the one moment I really hope they capture perfectly is this tiny little two page scene from the third book, where Rand is still on his way to Tear and he's sitting around a campfire at night, playing the same song on Thom's flute over and over and over and over again, and he can hear the darkhounds in the distance but still can't stop playing that one song. That scene always gets to me, no matter how many times I read the series. It captures his entire character, his struggles and conflicts.....everything you need to know about Rand al'Thor is in that one scene. 

• 3 weeks later...