DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Stargate, Bookshelves, and Me being weird!

F Horn of Valere

You ever collect a book series that changes publishers, or changes format, or size, etc, so then half the series looks different, and then you have to re-buy the first half so it all matches?

Well stargate switched to a "Thin Pack" starting in season 9, so I have 2-8 boldy sitting on my bookcase, and 9 unnoticed next to them! So today, I took 2-8 to an eBay store, and I turned in some coins at a coin counter for an amazon.com gift certificate, and between the two and a little extra money I will be buying 1-8 in the thin pack so it all matches. Hehe I am so weird sometimes! My floor can be a big mess, but heaven forbit my bookcase isn't PERFECT!

Well, let me put it this way.

My bookshelves are in alphabetical order by author within a system of being shelved by genre. I have them all listed in an excel spreadsheet - also in genre/author order - so that I know exactly what I have. And yes, I like them all to be either hardback or paperback in the same size format or I swap them all until they are. :lol:

Well I have several copies of many books... but most of the older ones are being held together by tape, and I dare not touch them or else it might undo all the careful taping that I did. And that would be a crying shame...

YES! Finally someone sane who understands!

besides, it just would not do to have all my copies in the "display" set! Like Martin the Warrior, I read that particular copy between 40 and 50 times... lost count in the 30's. It is as tattered as can be, and looking at the shelf, you can't even tell what it is! It might have to do with all the tape over it being so thick!

My husband goes berserk when I add another book to the shelves in my library. He'd go absolutely ballistic if it happened to be another copy of a book I already had. LOL

My theory is that I could buy the same book or I could buy a new one. Since I already know what happens in this one, the new one has more pull for me.

Plus, I happen to think old beat up books are beautiful. *shrugs* I show them off just as much as my new ones. LOL

Archived