DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Welcome Lethira to the Band of the Red Hand!!! I am Cairos and I am the XO of the Band. You are the newest recruit to join the Band. 

*hands Lethira a bandie to drink while some

of the band members arrive*

Tell us a little about yourself and how you came across WoT and the Band of the Red Hand. Also feel free to join in any of the threads that interest you.

Edited by Cairos

Thank-you for the welcome. 

My journey to finding the Wheel of Time was a long and round about one -we passed each other once order twice before becoming properly acquainted.  I LOVE words and reading, throughout school I was typically bookish and bullied -fantasy was my escape -I'm sure that rings true for plenty of people.  I fell in love with Tolkien and devoured everything he wrote quickly.  A few people put EoTW in my hands over the years -figuratively and practically.  At first it did not gel for some reason -which is odd because it was precisely the type of book I loved.  I believe things happen for a reason and in the right time.  When finally we became friends, I discovered that it was not just a story but a series of lessons that I needed to learn.  -Accepting your situation, accepting who you are and not being budged despite outside influences.  I know that a series has gotten hold of me when I find that one special character I identify with and yep, it happened here too.  

Outside of reading, I have studied Kung Fu, Ju Jitsu and Tai-Chi and used to enjoy obstacle races (sadly I don't have the time to devote tot the latter now).  My other passion is travelling, my most recent adventure was Peru -I definitely left a piece of my heart in the Andes.

*raises a cup to all* drink hale!

Welcome welcome welcome!! I'm BB, eternal squire of the cavalry. It sounds like you've had a journey getting here, so welcome home 🙂

Welcome, Lethira.  I am the resident non-alcoholic drinking member (which is an oxymoron as a member of the band)  LOL.....  So how about an iced tea....  :biggrin:  I used to have a special name for my iced tea but forgot what it was...so now just iced tea...  *sigh*