DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Fallout 76

Krakalakachkn

Release date is November 14th, 2018 on PC, PS4 and Xbox One

Beta releases in October

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fallout 76 is a prequel to all of the previous Fallout games. Set in 2102, you play an inhabitant of Vault 76 who emerges from the shelter 25 years after the bombs fell on America. Your task is simple: explore what remains of post-apocalyptic America and rebuild civilization.

Howard described the game's approach to survival as "softcore," which means death doesn't equal loss of progression.

You can form a party with up to three other players. You won't be able to manage your placement in servers when you login, as you'll automatically be inserted into a session with others upon booting up the game. Of course, you also have the option simply join alongside your friends and play together.

Howard commented that Fallout 76 will have dedicated servers that will support the game "now and for years to come." At launch, there will only be public servers, but Bethesda plans to introduce private servers that will allow players to invite friends to play in order to prevent undesirable behavior.

Some classic mechanics from past games will be changing to accommodate the shift to online play. For example, V.A.T.S has been reconfigured to work in real time, while still allowing players to target specific enemy body parts. But this time around, it has been updated to be more of a tool that allows you to spot out dangers in the environment.

All surviving humans will be controlled by active players. Instead, the game will use combination of robot NPCs, collectible recordings, and environmental storytelling in order to give players what they need to piece together quests and the story at large.

Quick Facts:

- Game director Todd Howard has said that Fallout 76 has new rendering and lighting technology, which allows for "16 times" the detail.

Fallout 76's world is four times the size of Fallout 4.

- You will be able to set up a bases anywhere using an item called the Construction and Assembly Mobile Platform, or CAMP.

Fallout 76 will not feature any human non-player characters

- The Beta will release October 23 on Xbox One. The plan is to start small and expand over time with PS4 and PC to follow on October 30.

Edited by Krakalakachkn

1 minute ago, SinisterDeath said:

Might be getting this.

I had no plans to buy the next Fallout game but this is set in West Virginia.  WEST VIRGINIA.  These bastards got me hook, line, and sinker.

3 minutes ago, SinisterDeath said:

Since it's going to be co-op, maybe we can organize a DM F76 co-op team, thing?

Yeah dude I'm definitely into it.  Is it cross-console compatible? 

• Community Administrator
Just now, Krakalakachkn said:

I had no plans to buy the next Fallout game but this is set in West Virginia.  WEST VIRGINIA.  These bastards got me hook, line, and sinker.

Yeah dude I'm definitely into it.  Is it cross-console compatible? 

Hard to say.

I'm on PC, so theoretically I can play with Xbone, but with Ps4 and crossplay issues, who knows. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/21/2018 at 3:14 PM, Nolder said:

I might be playing this as well.

I am extremely apprehensive though.

I don't want to build a town just to have some asshole nuke it.

I think if you do random pickup games, that may happen more often than not... Nut with friends, I'd say less often... Unless their Krak

20 hours ago, Nolder said:

:sad:

Don't worry, they have infrastructure in place to prevent your sadness.  

If a player decides to kill you, you have the option to engage or ignore.  If you ignore and they kill you then you retain all your shit and they deal with some repercussions.  It also sounds like the system will make it easy for you to rebuild your CAMP and you can also just pack up and move if you see a threat incoming.

1 hour ago, Krakalakachkn said:

Don't worry, they have infrastructure in place to prevent your sadness.  

If a player decides to kill you, you have the option to engage or ignore.  If you ignore and they kill you then you retain all your shit and they deal with some repercussions.  It also sounds like the system will make it easy for you to rebuild your CAMP and you can also just pack up and move if you see a threat incoming.

Source on any of that?

• 5 weeks later...

I mean, I like the idea of a bleak desolate world to explore, but the more I think about it the less I like a lack of NPCs.

Also you have to queue up to use quest items - so there are literally lines of players waiting to use a terminal!  I mean that's about the stupidest thing I've ever heard.

18 hours ago, Krakalakachkn said:

I mean, I like the idea of a bleak desolate world to explore, but the more I think about it the less I like a lack of NPCs.

Also you have to queue up to use quest items - so there are literally lines of players waiting to use a terminal!  I mean that's about the stupidest thing I've ever heard.

I was gonna pick it up, but then this launches at the end of the month.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/392160/X4_Foundations/

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/18/2018 at 11:34 PM, Krakalakachkn said:

Biggest pros/cons?

It'll have to wait until next time I'm on PC but suffice it to say that I am so frustrated with the game I've basically quit, at least for now. The 10gig update they did the other day addressed none of the problems I've had. Right now cons far outweigh pros imo.

38 minutes ago, Krakalakachkn said:

Yeah I'm waiting for them to iron out all the kinks before I start to play.    Always heard New Vegas was great so that's what I'm doing now.

Pros:

- Feels/plays like a FO game.

- Play with friends if you want or alone, both are fairly easy to do and there are perks to compliment either style.

- West Virginia is beautiful.

Cons:

- You need food and water to survive (like you will literally die without it) and 90% of food spoils.

- Food, water, and ammo all weigh a lot more than they probably should making inventory management very difficult.

- Your "stash" is limited to 400 weight which gets filled quicker than you'd think, they've promised to increase but until they do inventory management is very difficult.

- Most of the quests are kind of basic and boring.

- $60 for a game that is honestly kind of empty from the start. Also microtransactions.

- Bugs and crashes galore. I'm not one to harp about this sort of thing especially from Bethesda where it's almost expected but it quite often doesn't just stop your progress it rolls it back. So if you were in the middle of a quest you have to start over from the beginning not pick up where you left off.

- Some people are dicks and will steal your stuff, destroy your house, and even kill you if they can. Some try to trick you by standing in front of you when you're fighting so they can enter combat with you. 

The worst part by far is the building though. Now I fully admit I'm biased. This is the part of the game I was most interested in and most enjoy and it's the part that works the least IMHO. If you just want to walk around and do quests more power to you but I want to build a ****ing house and I just CANT and it pisses me off.

Building is frustrating on many levels. The building budget is too small to make anything meaningful most of the time. Environment often prevents you from building or intrudes into your house (ie tree branch just stabs through the wall). Most of what you can use to build is locked from the beginning and you have to find "plans" to unlock them (So you if you want a Nuka Cola Machine you need to find/buy the plan). PvE seems to be triggered by owning a house so if you don't have turrets and other defenses set up ghouls or super mutants will just wreck your shit and kill you over and over if you're unprepared. Modifying your house can be extremely difficult sometimes like when you want to put say a clock on the wall and you want it in a certain location it can be really hard to just highlight the clock and then have it actually place on the spot you want to move it. I literally spent all day one time just micromanaging stuff in my house and not because I was having fun but because it was just HARD to do. You also need resources to build the stuff in your house which is to be expected but that eats into your limited inventory which I've mentioned before. the resources don't weight that much but when you have 500 steel, 500 wood, 500 lead, 500 cloth, 500 rubber, 500 plastic, etc, etc, etc on top of ammo, armor, weapons, outfits, food/aid/drugs it all adds up reeeaallly quick. Another thing is you can't find stuff in the world and drop it into your home. For example if you find a vase or maybe a bobble head or whatever you can't just put that down on a desk in your home. No no no you need to have the plan for that vase if it even exists. Another thing is that most of the stuff doesn't really work or interact like you'd think it should. For example you'd think you could put Nuka Cola in your Nuka Cola machine but you can't. And maybe they'll add that eventually but right now you can't. I want to put Nuka Cola in my machine god damn it! Oh and the worst part about all of this is you can spend all this time obsessing about your house and collecting all these plans to make it cool and finding an out of the way spot so it's destroyed by griefers and you finally log out and go to bed and you sign on the next day...and your house is gone. Just gone. Poof. I think it happens when you sign into a server where someone has a house where you have your house which like what are the odds right? But there are some spots on the map that are probably hot spots like near vault 76 for example. And oh don't worry the game gives you a blueprint so you can place your house back down again just like you had it. Except you can't because the way this game works everything needs to be placed very specifically and precisely otherwise it can't be built so the blueprints are worthless. So your house is gone and you have to start over. Do this 4 or 5 times and you'll be done with the game too.

Credit where it's due.

https://www.reddit.com/r/fo76/comments/a0veqq/communication_moving_forward/

December 4, 2018 – Next week’s update will bring an increase to the Stash limit, 

Stash Limit Increased: We know many of you have been asking for an adjustment to the Stash storage limit, and we’re happy to share that we’re increasing it from 400 to 600. While this is somewhat conservative, we plan to increase the storage cap further once we verify that this change will not negatively impact the stability of the game.

December 11, 2018 – The next update after December 4 is currently planned for the following week.

C.A.M.P. Placement on Login: Your C.A.M.P. will no longer be automatically blueprinted and stored if someone is occupying your location when you log into a server. Instead, you’ll receive a notification that your space is occupied. If you decide to find a new home for your C.A.M.P. on that server, it will be free to do so. However, if you don’t attempt to place down your C.A.M.P., you will be able to switch to a new server where that spot is vacant and your C.A.M.P. will be fully assembled and waiting for you.

Bulldozer: This is a new C.A.M.P. feature that will allow you to remove small trees, rocks, and other obstructions so it’s easier to create and place your C.A.M.P. when and where you want it. You can also use the Bulldozer to clear these items from the surrounding area to make your C.A.M.P. feel more like home!