DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Playstation 3

Tayol

Ok seeing as we are the DM gaming org lets get some game discussions going, ok first up PS3

what is your verdict on the latest Sony console? Please note it wont be released to europeans, like myself, for another month so any information on it would be helpful like how it runs, quality of games etc

Well,

The graphic are incredible. I've seen and played many demo's :wink: . Problem is Blu-ray, half the players weren't reading the discs, aswell as the older PS2 games weren't working either. It was also overheating alot. We have a demo at the store, the first day we had it, it froze twice... It is also really really loud. and it's so dam expensive$$$. I would really wait for like, the PS 3.5 just so they work out the bugs and such.. But hey, i think it was released to early anyways..

But wutta i know..

I'm just a Wii Lover! 8)

Guest TheDemigod

that'll be good

But i so sorely want an xbox 360 for gears of war + future splinter cell games

(and when did we become the gamer org? O_O)

€630?! Holy crap! It's only about €450 in the US.

Where are YOU buying it? o_O In the US it's about $600, which equates to something like 900 euros or something like that, assuming I don't have the exchange rates completely effed up. xD

But yeah, 360 is WAY better. The PS3 is Sony's downfall, specifically because they didn't bother to get any decent launch titles, and the hefty price tag is just incentive for people to go buy the much cheaper 360 and receive a much more established game foundation along with the system that's only slightly less powerful. I've read articles that actually compare graphics between 360 and PS3, and with most of the games it was comparing (games like FN:R3), the 360 had better graphics. The games the PS3 DID have better graphics for it could barely push, and it wouldn't be worth it because the framerate issues completely kill any appreciation you might have for the pretty details.

See ive heard there have been numerous problems with the 360, fair enough they have some good quality games

The PS3 I think is being rushed into the market, it will have the games like FFXIII and GTA but they will have to wait will the system is set up correctly

oh last I checked €1 = $1.28

personally I might wait till the newer model comes out, they always release a better one few months down the line anyway

Product name: PlayStation 3

Logo: PLAYSTATION®3

CPU

Cell Processor

PowerPC-base Core @3.2GHz

1 VMX vector unit per core

512KB L2 cache

7 x SPE @3.2GHz

7 x 128b 128 SIMD GPRs

7 x 256KB SRAM for SPE

* 1 of 8 SPEs reserved for redundancy

total floating point performance: 218 GFLOPS

GPU

RSX @550MHz

1.8 TFLOPS floating point performance

Full HD (up to 1080p) x 2 channels

Multi-way programmable parallel floating point shader pipelines

Sound

Dolby 5.1ch, DTS, LPCM, etc. (Cell- base processing)

Memory

256MB XDR Main RAM @3.2GHz 256MB GDDR3 VRAM @700MHz

System Bandwidth

Main RAM 25.6GB/s

VRAM 22.4GB/s

RSX 20GB/s (write) + 15GB/s (read)

SB< 2.5GB/s (write) + 2.5GB/s (read)

System Floating Point Performance

2 TFLOPS

Storage

Detachable 2.5" HDD slot x 1

I/O

USB Front x 4, Rear x 2 (USB2.0)

Memory Stick standard/Duo, PRO x 1

SD standard/mini x 1

CompactFlash (Type I, II) x 1

Communication

Ethernet (10BASE-T, 100BASE-TX, 1000BASE-T) x 3 (input x 1 + output x 2)

Wi-Fi IEEE 802.11 b/g

Bluetooth 2.0 (EDR)

Controller

Bluetooth (up to 7)

USB 2.0 (wired)

Wi-Fi (PSP)

Network (over IP)

It has been confirmed that the PlayStation 3 will be launch in Europe on March 23, 2007 at £425. As previously reported the 60GB version will be the only one available at launch.

There will be over 30 launch titles available, which are Resistance: Fall of Man, MotorStorm, Genji™: Days of the Blade, FORMULA ONE CHAMPIONSHIP EDITION, Ridge Racer™ 7, Tekken®: Dark Resurrection, Lemmings™, Go! Sudoku, Go! Puzzle, Blast Factor™, flOw™, Super Rub’a'Dub, Call of Duty 3, Marvel: Ultimate Alliance, Tony Hawk’s Project 8, Gundam – Target in Sight, Full Auto™ 2: Battle Lines, Sonic the Hedgehog™, Virtua Fighter™, Virtua Tennis™ 3, World Snooker Championship 2007, NBA 2K7, NHL 2K7, Blazing Angels Squadrons of WWll, Enchanted Arms, Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell: Double Agent, The Elder Scrolls lV: Oblivion, Def Jam: Icon, Fight Night Round 3, NBA Street 4 Homecourt 2007, Need for Speed Carbon, The Godfather: The Don’s Edition, Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2007, Untold Legends: Dark Kingdom, F.E.A.R. Vivendi and Gripshift.

Guest TheDemigod

O_o

if it is, i'll seriously consider not buying ps3 afterall

I was planning on buying it in a while, once ffxiii gets here, and prices have (hopefully) dropped on the monster machine.

But if it comes for say, xbox 360, i'm so totally buying that instead

I've been drooling over Gears of War for so long : p

and my bro's getting wii, so that'll be a blast

I sell those things so I went to a retail night that Sony organized to learn a little more of it.

Besides the terrible presentation and lack of the most-wanted goodiebag my first impression was not good. I had a look at genji and call of duty 3 and I asked my colleague if those were actually ps3 games...

I checked and they were...And the TV's were HD-tv's...

Then I saw the moterrace game and formula one and that was heaps better(and I don't like racing)

On the third day of actual selling-days I have received one back;the customer was very discontent and wanted his money back...600 euro's.. Luckily we just sold one and that customer paid cash..

So far,the games are a little too much of the same.

I'm a jak and dexter-fan and a kingdom hearts-fan,so this thing is not for me..I'll get me a blender first!

By the way,anyone else thinks this console looks like a tosti-maker???

Archived