DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Alliance Welcome and FAQs (START HERE!)

Cass

WELCOME!

Welcome to The Alliance boards - the Out of Character (OOC) home for Role Players with characters in the Band of the Red Hand, Wolfkin and Black Tower.

Members can currently apply to be any level of character (from new recruit to decorated veteran) within any of the Alliance RP Groups. 

If you want to join our ranks and write, please do - the steps to joining are easy, and RP'ing with this bunch is a lot of fun!

WHO'S IN CHARGE HERE?

The Alliance RP Section Leader & Assistant Club Leader: Cass

All Powerful Dragonmount RP Club Leader: Taymist

Contact one or both of us any time via PM or via email: BotRHDiv@dragonmount.com :smile:

FAQs

WHAT IS RP (Role Play)?? WHERE AM I? WHY AM I HERE?? HALLLLLPPPP?

Basically, RP here is fun for people who like to write from different character perspectives, within a WoT-esque setting/world.

You (the writer/RP'er) create a character, and then detail their growth and adventures by creating (or having them join in on) various story-lines, interacting with other players' characters along the way.

We promise it's not as hard as it looks! There are actually a lot of changes coming that will make character development and writing more fun than tedious. Feel free to post on this board or PM me if you have any questions or concerns or ideas at all!

If you're new to RP on DM and haven't already seen them, the following posts are a good place to begin:

Role Play in the WoT RP - A Step-by-Step Guide

General Information - New Members START HERE

Both of the above threads are located at The Welcome Inn , which is the home of DM RP in general and a good place to get comfy and introduce yourself before you begin to play.

I WANT TO WRITE A (Band of the Red Hand/Wolfkin/Black Tower) CHARACTER - HOW DO I GET STARTED??

Basic Steps

Yey! You want to RP with us! These are the basic steps you'll need to follow:

1. Decide whether you want your character to be a member of The Band of the Red Hand, The Wolfkin or The Black Tower.

2. Introduce yourself on this board (Tag your post with the group-specific BotRH/BT/WK name and include the same somewhere in your post title) and let us know who you're hoping to join/what sort of character you want to write and any story/character development ideas you have floating around.

3. Create your character application/biography and send it in for review to bios[at]dragonmount.com (see spoiler below for required information). Watch it appear, approved on the Biographies board; wait for a CC to be done, and then start RP'ing to your heart's content!

Application Guide and Email for Submission

Step One: Copy-Paste and fill out the 'Application Guide' below. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
APPLICATION GUIDE  - ALLIANCE CHARACTER APPLICATION/NEW BIO 

Writer/Player Contact Info
DM Handle:
Email Address:

Character Details
Alliance Group: Band of the Red Hand / Wolfkin / Black Tower
Division/Rank: If known or if you're a returning member

Name:
Physical Description:
General Personality:

Strengths:

Flaws/Weaknesses:

Character History:
This section can be written as a series of points, or in RP/story-telling style.

Include mention of your character's major life events and detail the lead-up to your character being discovered/joining their Alliance group.

For those starting with an advanced rank, also include the history of:
- how your character first came to join the group; 
- current affiliations/ranks; and 
- any significant events/character developments undertaken since joining the group.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Step Two: Email complete application on for bio checking and approval.
Emails should be addressed as follows:

To: bios@dragonmount.com 
Subject: [Chosen group] Bio - [Your Character's Name]
(eg. Subject: "BotRH Bio - Newbie Bob")

If you do not receive a reply within 48 hours, please send myself and/or Taymist a PM!

WHAT ARE THE ALLIANCE GROUP HISTORIES?

Band of the Red Hand
- DM BotRH History Link
- BotRH Offsite Board

The Wolfkin
DM Wolfkin History Link
- Wolfkin Offsite Board (requires log-in)

The Black Tower
- DM Black Tower History Link
- Black Tower Offsite Board

WHERE DO I RP???

Current timeline character threads and RP's are posted in the Dragon Reborn IC - Main board.

The Dragon Reborn IC - Retro board is the go-to for delving into character histories.

Both of these boards can also be accessed from the drop-down menu under the banner in the WoT Role Play club.

• Arie pinned and featured this topic
  • Taymist unfeatured this topic
  • Arie unpinned this topic
  • Arie locked this topic