DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Tainted Minds - A Black Tower Mafia Game: Game over - Town wins

Andrej

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

His interaction with SK is actually not what made me move off of him yesterday.  It was his approach to several other people, namely Cory.

[v]Gentled Ben[/v]

What else are you thinking right now?

Indeed, and why the vote on me? If it's to get a reaction, why not someone who does not already have a vote on them? 

I feel like Sooh, Nolder, and Clovdyx are solving the most right now. I don't know what to make of Sooh's read on Clovdyx, as I have a town feel for both of them, so I understand Nolder wanting to analyze the set up, but that's also a good place for a wolf to hide early on. Still, I feel like they are all pretty town. LZM feels right to me, but he hasn't posted much yet. Pending more content from SK, no one really seems scummy to me yet, but I don't like Cory popping in and dropping a second vote on me like that. Despite a few pages now, I do not have any solid reads, but I will OMGUS Cory for now.

[unvote]

[v]Cory[/v]

I realize it's entirely possible he gave out those reads as scum because he figured the three of us would be unlikely to get traction, but I felt good about Sooh and was warming up to Nolder.  I know I'm town.  Beyond that, I thought he called out Cory for something I certainly understand a newer, inexperienced player finding off.  I didn't really say anything to/about Ben prior to voting him.  Cory hadn't.  Now Ben has two votes and, presumably, no idea why.  That read like genuine confusion.  

He had a small discussion with Sooh about her peek on me, and questioned me about where I was voting when I said that SK was claiming scum.  Both came across as trying to generally understand the game, rather than just looking like he was interested.  

[v]Gentled Ben[/v]

What else are you thinking right now?

Indeed, and why the vote on me? If it's to get a reaction, why not someone who does not already have a vote on them? 

I feel like Sooh, Nolder, and Clovdyx are solving the most right now. I don't know what to make of Sooh's read on Clovdyx, as I have a town feel for both of them, so I understand Nolder wanting to analyze the set up, but that's also a good place for a wolf to hide early on. Still, I feel like they are all pretty town. LZM feels right to me, but he hasn't posted much yet. Pending more content from SK, no one really seems scummy to me yet, but I don't like Cory popping in and dropping a second vote on me like that. Despite a few pages now, I do not have any solid reads, but I will OMGUS Cory for now.

[unvote]

[v]Cory[/v]

I'm amending my "would rather lynch Ben than SK but wouldn't fight for SK" to "would vastly prefer to lynch Ben over SK, and will probably make that known as we approach EoD"

GLGL friends

Is this still about Ben or about SK?

Alternatively, is there a reason NOT to lynch SK?

I think he's proportionally more likely to be a villager than Ben

I think Ben is like > 30% likely to be a villager and SK is a hard 62%. You can see my problem in a numeric sense.

I really don't like any of Ben's posts and I've seen a few villager games where he's way more apt and thoughtful. Probably the most involved posts he's made this game were talking about his gun purchase. His reads are careless, responsive and have very little depth. Posts like #228 are filled with busy work but there's no background thinking to it besides a minimal re-purposing on his read on Sooh.

FTR, we are mostly on the same page but I'm not really understanding where even this amount of confidence in SK is coming from.

By my own estimate he should be around 45% at best.

Chris have you seen SK play before?

Literally, yes. He was mafia with us in Mafia Parable with you/me, where neither he nor I were really active, and I pretended to try to pay attention to your game.

So what about this game reminds you of that?

Literally, yes. He was mafia with us in Mafia Parable with you/me, where neither he nor I were really active, and I pretended to try to pay attention to your game.

???

FTR, we are mostly on the same page but I'm not really understanding where even this amount of confidence in SK is coming from.

There's a ~75% at rand that any given player in the game is a villager. Me having confidence in the mid 60s that someone is a villager isn't a confident village read, it's not even a village read.

There's a ~75% at rand that any given player in the game is a villager. Me having confidence in the mid 60s that someone is a villager isn't a confident village read, it's not even a village read.

Doesn't it make sense to make your reads irregardless of that fact though? What happens when you read mafia?

???

SK plays utr as mafia. His reads were logical and thought through and he dropped his thread presence when he was town read and gained credit for the AJ lynch. As town he's more willing to take risks.

Marsh may have a point about tone/attitude, its something I'm not brilliant at reading, but his mental position this game is 'doesn't care how he's read' which seems town for him (admittedly based of very few games mostly half read)

If he's mafia then he's basically acting in a way to screw with "meta", and based off the mafia QT in SS I'm not sure he'd do that when playing logically gets him town read by most people

So what reminds you of the games he was scum?

Ignoring meta what about his game this time makes sense as scum?

I don't know if you're trying to make a point, ask a pointed question, or asking a genuine question.  I'm going to answer as if it's a genuine question - really, not a lot.  From what I can tell from skimming his ISO in your game, and what I know from Parable when I was still in, he wasn't around a whole lot.  There wasn't a ton of in depth content where it seemed like he was really making an effort to figure people out.  I don't feel he's done a whole hell of a lot of it here.

There does seem to be much less directness in this game than his previous games?  There was some of the "grand fluff" (for lack of a better term...not saying the posts were fluff...they were game related but...airy?  IDK), but it seemed less common.

So I guess I'm not willing to vote SK.

I don't have any strong reasons to not lynch Ben, but the push on him feels wrong :unsure:

But I don't really know where else to go

I don't trust Cory or Chris atm, but I'm not sure how much of that is caught up in paranoia :dry:

I don't have any strong reasons to not lynch Ben, but the push on him feels wrong :unsure:

Considering I'm pretty sure I'm the only one openly making points against Ben, it makes me sad that your paranoia regarding me is enough to have you completely disregard my read, even if it's a d1 read.

But I accept you anyway. Because I'm that great

SK plays utr as mafia. His reads were logical and thought through and he dropped his thread presence when he was town read and gained credit for the AJ lynch. As town he's more willing to take risks.

Marsh may have a point about tone/attitude, its something I'm not brilliant at reading, but his mental position this game is 'doesn't care how he's read' which seems town for him (admittedly based of very few games mostly half read)

If he's mafia then he's basically acting in a way to screw with "meta", and based off the mafia QT in SS I'm not sure he'd do that when playing logically gets him town read by most people

So what reminds you of the games he was scum?

Ignoring meta what about his game this time makes sense as scum?

1) I'm not meta reading him.

2) What about his game this time makes sense as town?  The best argument I can make for him being town, independently, is that he spent the first half of the phase essentially trolling when he was more serious as mafia.  I don't know him.  I don't pretend to know him.  But as a rule, I subscribe to the theory that if you're going to be trolly and worthless (in the sense of not contributing anything) as town, you're probably willing to do the same as mafia.

Do I think he's tried being helpful?  No.

Do I feel he's made a genuine effort to understand others, or be understood?  No.

Do I think the weigh of his content justifies a town read?  No.

Do I believe HE believes what he's writing?  Could go either way.

I don't trust Cory or Chris atm, but I'm not sure how much of that is caught up in paranoia :dry:

Who are you open to lynching?

About SK - I don´t think I will be able to read him at all. I will just have to trust other´s judgement on him. I don´t even understand his posts and I have a hard time reading them. He is a little bit like Yates but more. SK - you should know that English is not my first language. If you want me to understand you, you need be very clear. 

Who are you open to lynching?

I don't know? :dry:

Who are you open to lynching?

I don't know? :dry:

Who is completely off the table for today?

A FORMAL INVITATION

Cory, Nolder & LedZep invite you all cordially to join the Gentled Ben Wagon of Friendship and Tolerance

Will take place at the "Tainted Minds" gallery at The Black Tower. It will begin with drinks & appetizers, followed by a formal lunching ceremony.

I don't think either of you have done anything you couldn't do as scum, but although that makes me paranoid it doesn't make you scum :unsure:

And so far I ~haven't felt the things I tend to when Chris is scum, so it could be that this is town! Chris and it's just been so long since we've been t/t I don't recognise it :dry:

Doesn't it make sense to make your reads irregardless of that fact though? What happens when you read mafia?

Why would I disregard a fact in a game where I care mostly about being right?

It taints your reads imo.

Or to be more accurate it makes people seem townier than they actually are to you.

Which kind of makes sense given how you operate tbh.

Not sure about how much energy I have to read back but here are my thoughts right now. 

Don´t want to lynch:

Nolder

BFG
 Ironeyes

LedZepMan - although I don´t feel as strongly about him anymore. My town read is still from the beginning of the game. 

Ley

Sooh

Don´t know: 
Dar'Jen Ab Owain - wouldn´t like to vote today but I´m having an eye on her.

SK - really, I could vote him but it would be mostly because I don´t understand him. And if I can´t understand him it will be a problem. But me not understanding is not the same as him being mafia. Still he could be.

Left: 
cory caboose - I´d like to see what he comes up with but I will probably have to go to bed before he is finished. 

Clovdyx - I guess I should re-read
Gentled Ben - I guess I should re--read him as well
dicetosser1 - no use re-reading because there isn´t much content

Why would I disregard a fact in a game where I care mostly about being right?

It taints your reads imo.

Or to be more accurate it makes people seem townier than they actually are to you.

Which kind of makes sense given how you operate tbh.

What are you even talking about?

Archived