DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Heroes Discussion Redux

Paityr

• Replies 721
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Community Administrator

Sooo uhh, it Mrs. Petreli is an evil bitch (whats new?), Mr. Petreli is an evil bastard (whats new?) and they are playing a dangerous game of he said she said he said she said she said he said! ;)

And if one thing has become clear its that the powers do apear to be more genetic then we may have once thought...

Mr. Petreli, sucks out powers.

Mrs. Petreli has psychic/astral projection based powers.

Sylar can 'figure out puzzels' and in doing so, is able to 'absorb' the power. - He more resembles his father in his power, in that he has to 'force' his way to obtain a power.

Peter can somehow absorb peoples powers just by 'thinkin about em', or some such thing... - He seems to have inherited a part of his mothers ability, that allows his fathers ability to work with out 'forcing' himself on said person to obtain it.

The other brother, can fly... - Odd man out? Is he actually adopted?

Clair - Daughter of the other brother, mother = flame user. = instant healing?

Mr. Parkman - Creates illusions, reads minds, ect. (basically what Mrs. Petreli might be able to do, except localized, and possibly more powerful)

Mrs. Parkman, I mean Jr - same as daddy.

Non-mutant human mother + mutant father = same ability?

The short guy with glasses who ran the company - King Midus.

His daughter - electricity = the two are somewhat linked, afterall electricty is involved in things like 'chroming' and other such methods of applying metals like silver on other metals. tenshin should be able to confirm this :P

BTW, since her body produces electricty, shouldn't she have natural electrolosis, so shouldn't she not have any hair at all? ;)

I can't think of any other characters

Whos the odd one out?

Well, Nathan's ability to fly was stated to have been synthetic.

Other than that, based on yesterday's show, it's obvious that Sylar is still on Peter's side.

One question, though:  Mr. Petrelli stated that Peter's powers are gone forever......do you think this is true?  Will Peter never have the same power he started with?

Mohinder storyline- mohinder teamed with arthur and goodbye maya (and soo another season 2 character written off for good...)

Peter storyline- got away

Clair- met peter

Nathan- nothin

Hiro- that jackle feces doesn't taste good

Mat- Father dead (and there goes another season 2 character), Daphne and him 'team up' we are shown shes double crossing him

Honestly it was kinda a Mat heavy episode, not that i mind to much. His character imo has gotten better (my friend calls him 'fat Keanu Reeves')

Other then that? the episode had a lot of filler of people getting from 1 place to another without a lot of plot, seemed to me to be an episode just trying to explain how everyone is with everyone else.

I had to double check and make sure this wasn't another season you were talking about. 

Mohinder goes to work for someone else to fulfill their agenda.

Claire is naive and needs to be slapped around.

Matt gets double crossed by a woman.

Hiro giggles a little but really doesn't do anything.

Other than Maurey dying and learning to hate Dad more, the episode was boring.  Not bad mind you... just... eh.

I read somewhere that Heroes could be heading for Cancelation trouble...

"Heroes" writers/co-executive producers Jesse Alexander and Jeph Loeb were fired on Sunday reports Variety.

The pair led day-to-day production operation under the direction of creator/executive producer Tim Kring since the show's inception.

The reason for the dismissal has been due to "NBC executives frustration with the creative direction of the show" which has struggled in the ratings in its third season.

The series has also been dealing with hefty budget overruns going beyond the already large $4 million per-episode pricetag.

I gotta say, I wouldn't be terribly disappointed if it was cancelled. I mean, I like it ok, and I'm keeping up online, but I'm certainly not loving it like I did the first season. I'mjust not invested in any of the storylines. I can barely even tell you what happened last week by the time the next ep rolls around.

With Jeph Loeb off the “Heroes” writing staff and the possibility that Bryan Fuller might be returning, I’m back to watching. My DVR has caught me up. It turns out that Hiro is willing to travel back in time again, as long as doing so accomplishes as little as possible.

It bears noting that “Heroes” only gets Fuller, the best writer of the series’ first, best season, if ABC fails to order episode 2.14 of Fuller’s own show, “Pushing Daisies.” And Fuller remains hopeful ABC will continue the adventures of Ned, Chuck, Emerson, Olive, et al.

“Daisies” ratings have rebounded a bit of late. And so many shows are floundering over at ABC the network may be contemplating leaving “Daisies” on Wednesdays as a lead-in to “Lost” when the latter returns in January. Fuller tells AICN:

“I love Heroes. I had a wonderful time there during the first season. I love the writers. I love the cast. I love the crew. But I want Daisies to stay on the air. There are so many great stories in the back 9 that deepen the world and enrichen the characters. Is enrichen a word?”

Whether Fuller hops back aboard “Heroes” or not, one remains hopeful that one of Tim Kring’s many assistants are even now on the phone to the WGAw checking into which agents represent Warren Ellis, Mark Millar and Grant Morrison for TV work. Because those are the three guys not named Alan Moore who have been writing the best new superhero stories of the last decade. And another comic-book guy without a lot of prior TV experience, Brian K. Vaughn, helped bring “Lost” back from the brink.

Tonight:

“Villains.”

To prepare for the confrontation ahead, Hiro follows respected businessman, husband and father Arthur Petrelli (guest star Robert Forster) in the days before he "died" -- to discover what drove him to create rival company Pinehearst and strike at Angela. Later, a moment unfolds where Sylar, horrified and guilt-ridden, might have stopped his murderous pursuit of abilities -- that is, if H.R.G. and Elle (guest star Kristen Bell) had swayed from their monstrous assignment. Finally, under the wing of Company man Thompson (guest star Eric Roberts), agent-in-training Meredith (guest star Jessalyn Gelsig) watches her new life go up in smoke, following the arrival of her hot-headed brother. Greg Grunberg, James Kyson Lee, Ali Larter, Hayden Panettiere, Adrian Pasdar, Sendhil Ramamurthy, Dania Ramirez and Milo Ventimiglia also star. Jimmy Jean-Louis, Malcolm McDowell, Ntare Guma Mbaho Mwine, Ron Perkins, Blake Shields, and Jeff Staron guest star.

Next Week:

“It’s Coming.”

After a preemptive strike against Hiro and Ando in Africa, Arthur Petrelli (guest star Robert Forster) orders Knox (guest star Jamie Hector) and Flint to hunt down his son Peter and granddaughter Claire. Nathan is stunned to learn his father is alive -- and leading a villainous charge to worldwide destruction. Meanwhile, back at Pinehearst, Sylar has a charged confrontation with Elle (guest star Kristen Bell). Suresh begins testing his new, combined superpower formula. Later, with the others dead, injured or on the run, Matt attempts to wake Angela. Jack Coleman and Ali Larter star. Robert Forster, Brea Grant and Ntare Guma Mbaho Mwine also guest star.

Nov. 24

“Eclipse Part 1.”

After reuniting Sylar and Elle, Arthur orders them to find Claire and bring her to him. Matt, Hiro and Ando team up together and follow Daphne to her hometown of Athens, Georgia to discover what she's been hiding. Meanwhile, Nathan and Peter Petrelli travel together to Haiti in search of the the only man that can stop their father from destroying the world, the Haitian. Jack Coleman and Ali Larter also star. Robert Forster also guest stars.

Dec. 1

“Eclipse Part 2.”

The eclipse continues to impact the Heroes' abilities as Elle and Sylar face off against a vengeful H.R.G. while Claire struggles to survive. In Haiti, Peter and Nathan join forces with the Haitian to battle the Haitian's brother, Baron Samedi (guest star Demetrius Grosse), and Nathan comes to a shocking decision. In the meantime, Ando, Sam (guest star Seth Green) and Frack (guest star Breckin Meyer) work hard to get Hiro's memory back with the help of the "9th Wonders" comic books at a local comic bookstore. Greg Grunberg, Sendhil Ramamurthy, Ali Larter and Cristine Rose also star. Brea Grant and Robert Forster also guest star.

Warren Ellis I wouldn't mind, but a big no to Millar and Morrison. I hate everything Grant Morrison did during his tenure on X-Men, and as for Millar, if you get past his inane and unrealistic dialogue, all his work centers around the idea that everybody in charge is scum, even the good guys. That's his oeuvre, and Heroes has already been there done that. What's J. Michael Straczynski up to these days?

As I mulled it over, I came to feel a little cheated that both of the season one bad guys, Linderman and Thompson, were both made a bit nicer in revision, probably for the sole purpose of making Arthur look nastier by contrast. And the idea that the Company actively encouraged Sylar to become what he is for academic purposes is really kind of disturbing.

I don't feel much for Heroes anymore :( It was totally cool and awesome and original and whatnot in the beginning, but now it seems they're trying to make things too complicated and just stretching it a bit too far for my opinion. I mean, where'd this whole mr. Petrelli thing come from!? I miss save the cheerleader, save the world. More simple that way.

IN OTHER WORDS: I agree with Vem!

Ok, what was that with the 9th Wonder thing? Last I checked, the author of that comic strip was killed in season one.

And a love plot between Ell and Sylar, umm... yay?

At least there's a clear idea of how the rest of the series is going to go now, instead of it just being a mass of facts thrown at us. Maybe it'll start getting good again. Though of course its not like the good guys have a chance unless a) Peter gets his powers back or b) Sylar switches sides or both... so, predictable anyone?

I agree with you there, Barms - it looks like the episodes are getting better and they can see where they are going.  I was surprised they threw in the twist with Sylar's powers and how he can obtain them.  Not sure I like that yet....I'll have to think on it.

But Kristen Bell is hot, so I'm cool with anything happening that involves her not dying, lol.

Archived