DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Regarding the body swap

Razor

I was not a big fan of the whole body swap idea until I came across something in a reread of POD.Ther is an interesting quote from a dream of Egwene's that makes me think it will be more likely the way things shake out.

Page 308 of hard cover, first paragraph of chapter 15

"At least she could recall the dreams she knew must be significant...Rand, wearing different masks until suddenly one of those false faces was no longer a mask, but him."

This is the same dream where Mat weighs 2 Aes ssedai on balance scales.

I think im the most avid supporter of the body-swap, and even im not a fan of it. I think its a tad crass personally, but i also think that its where RJ is going with everything. As you say, there is too much prophetic evidence, and no other theory fits it all.

i always took the masks to be the way he acted/rands personality, like when he started trying to be "harder" and then he always became like that, steadily getting worse.

Seeing as how your saying that it comes from PoD the dream may be a bit late to be related to that though i guess, i always thought it was earlier in the series

I don't know if I'd call it desperate since most people don't really like the theory. It's just there's quite a few events that fit it; Mins viewing, 2 of egwenes dreams, the one mentioned above and another where she touches rand's face and it shatters. I'm sure a lot of people want Rand to live but i still wouldn't call this theory desperate in any way. It seems like he will live somehow. All the "he who is dead yet lives", and the "to live you must die" prophecies kind of point that way.

Archived