DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Spacey's Corner VII

Amalasan

Ok, a little game...

Kyle, Neal, and Grant find themselves trapped in a dark and cold dungeon. (HOW they arrived there is another story.) After a quick search the boys find three doors, the first one red, the second one blue, and the third one green.

Behind one of the doors is a path to freedom. Behind the other two doors, however, is an evil fire-breathing dragon. Opening a door to the dragon means certain death.

The Red Door says: Freedom is behind this door.

The Blue Door says: Freedom is not behind this door.

The Green Door says: Freedom is not behind the Blue Door.

Given the fact that at LEAST ONE of the three statements on the three doors is true and at LEAST ONE of them is false, which door would lead the boys to safety, and why?

After a few answers have been given, I will tell who is correct or show the answer if everyone is wrong.

Here is the run down...first the Green Door and the Blue Door say the exact same thing, so their answers should always match. Because their answers will always match, there are only two possible answers...Red = True or Red = False. What we have to do is test Red for true and then for false to see which one completes the requirement.

If:

Red = True, then both the Blue and Green Doors must also be true...no false statements.

Red = False, then it has to be behind the Blue or the Green door. Since both doors will share the same answer and we need true and false, that must mean they are both true. If they are both true then the way out is not behind the Blue Door, and has to be behind the Green Door.

So the answer is behind the Green Door. Cads got it right in the beginning but she didn't correctly fill out the why. (All the explainations except the last point were wrong) Jester got it right but didn't show why it wouldn't work another way. So we will just call this one a draw.

Good job both of you. I will think of another one and return.

*gives everyone who played a brew*

*drinks brew*

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Of course it is ok to post here.

Do so as much as you like..

And that was a logic puzzle I offered a couple of days ago to have fun with. But anything is allowed here. Although I would like to see a minimum of just blatant spam.

*drinks a brew*

Guest Cadsuane

Hey, all of my reasonings were perfectly logically valid! Just because I didn't use the same process you did doesn't mean I was incorrect.

*pokes Spacey* :wink:

So' date=' we know that there is one Freedom, and two Deaths.

Red cannot be true, because then either:

Red = (t) freedom,

Blue = (f) freedom,

Green is irrelevant because there are two freedoms, and only one is Given.

OR

Red = (t) freedom,

Blue = (t) death,

Green = (f) blue is NOT death, which contradicts what Blue says.

SO, we know that RED has to be FALSE. So this is a possiblity:

Red = (f) DEATH

Blue = (t) death

Green = (f) blue is NOT death, But that contradicts Blue, so we know that this scenario is incorrect.

SO, then we continue with RED as FALSE.

Red = (f) DEATH

Blue = (f) FREEDOM

Green = (t) blue is death, but this ALSO contradicts blue.

SO, then RED is FAlSE, again.

Red = (f) DEATH

Blue = (t) death

Green = (t) Blue is death.

Nothing is contradicted, GREEN is the route to safety, Red and Blue are dragons.[/quote']

The first statement is incorrect because the Green Door does matter, it is the correct door.

The second one is incorrect because you have the Green Door and the Blue Door with different outcomes although they say the same thing. And again in the third and fourth statements.

You last statement is the only one that is correct.

So there...*chuckle*...check my spelling...*grumble, grumble, grumble*

Guest Cadsuane

My first statement is perfectly correct. It IS irrelevant whether the green door is True or False, because that scenario does not fit the required givens even before we get to what value Green has.

The second, third, and fourth scenarios are also fine, because it is my POINT that the Green contradicts Blue, and therefore each of those scenarios cannot be correct.

Cads got it right in the beginning but she didn't correctly fill out the why.
These statements were given to show WHY the final scenario is the only one that could be correct, and they do in fact accomplish this. I made no assertions that they were correct in and of themselves.

Guest Cadsuane

Now now, Spacey, don't bring gender into this! :evil: :wink:

It was simple process of elimination, which is a perfectly valid way to find a logical answer!

*speech slurring badly*

Shtop it Caaaddds...that ticklesh!

You won, I gave up...your taticsh were well planned.

*starts walking over to his throne, his whole body leaning forward as he takes three fast steps then pulls his body back trying to slow the increasing speed. He over compentsates and takes two steps back.*

Look, i'm danshing!

*seeing a world that is distorted and moving more than it should be, Spacey tries to lay a plan to get to his throne. Standing still (at least as still as he can), Spacey begins to sway back and forth in time with the pulsing view of the world. At just the right moment he begins to tac left and forward, then jibs to the right as the world pushes that way but still moving forward. After several minutes of this Spacey covers the 5 and a half feet and slams into the BB Throne.*

Mushik! Gleemen, play shome mushik!

*drinks more brew*

Guest Cadsuane

*pokes Spacey a bit more*

Yes dear, but I suspect you only conceded because you think I'm cute, not because you accept that my logic is valid! :oops:

*hears the music start*

*looks suspicious*

Are you trying to make me dance, and forget all this logic foolishness? :? :wink:

Forget what? I don't remember anything.

*squints eyes really tight to try and see who he is talking to*

oooo, you are cute though! You are right! I declare that Cadshaune is cute and should be called cutie from now on because her cuteness is really very cute!

*chuckles, making his whole body shake*

*drinks some more brew*

Hic!

*sees Twinnie and stops weeping*

Oh...you are sho pretty Twinnie...the shun shinesh jusht sho we can she you.

*drinks another brew*

Hic!

And the cat'sh in the cradle and the shilver shpoon

Little boy blue and the man on the moon

When you comin' home shon?

I don't know when, but we'll get together then shon

You know we'll have a good time then

Archived