DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Favourite small moments from the series

Alena

I know everyone hates Faile but I loved it when she killed the Prophet.  That was so satisfying.  I know most people hate Perrin's and her relationship but I enjoyed it, it was a nice contrast to everyone else's, I feel like RJ made it more real than the others because of the constant misunderstanding and conflict they had but despite all of the annoying problems you still see a firm commitment and love for one another.  I thought this scene was beautiful because you got to see just how far she would go to protect and love her husband. Also, I hated the prophet and couldn't wait to see him die.

Oh! and also any scene in which Mat ogles a woman but with the oh so innocent intent of referring one of his band members. And the times he wonders who is corrupting Olver.

I loved the scene in Knife of Dreams where Lan was heading off to the final battle, and Nynaeve dropped him off at Worlds End and made him promise to let anyone who wanted to ride with him to ride with. Then she travels to a distant town and talks with a Malkier merchant who dealt in messager pigeons

This POV is a fuc a huge milestone!

For me, it was the first book where Moiraine heal's Tam. In that scene she was very open and just being a good person. She took the time to explain things to Rand... about why Tam was so sick, what she was doing with the power. At that point, if felt like she was being the most real with Rand and I wonder how things would have been through the series between the two of them had she kept that demeanor.

Yep. Thank Rand that we did not get her calculating POV; ofc she's Blue, but as she sees people - usually... it's very hard to like her sometimes.

I know everyone hates Faile but I loved it when she killed the Prophet.  That was so satisfying.  I know most people hate Perrin's and her relationship but I enjoyed it, it was a nice contrast to everyone else's, I feel like RJ made it more real than the others because of the constant misunderstanding and conflict they had but despite all of the annoying problems you still see a firm commitment and love for one another.  I thought this scene was beautiful because you got to see just how far she would go to protect and love her husband. Also, I hated the prophet and couldn't wait to see him die.

Oh! and also any scene in which Mat ogles a woman but with the oh so innocent intent of referring one of his band members. And the times he wonders who is corrupting Olver.

I completely agree. That is one of Faile's best scenes. She also had a really strong scene back in Emond's Field when she brought back an army of villagers from the rest of the Two Rivers to help defeat the Trollocs. 

to me Masema's death would have been better if he had been convicted in a trail and if death was the only possible punishment.

Faile; for the most part, I have liked her since book 6.

books 3 & 4; she seemed dis-likeable.

Found another - during Egwene's first visit to the museum in Tanchico in Tel'aran'rhiod:

"A silvery thing in another cabinet, like a three-pointed star inside a circle, was made of no substance she knew; it was softer than metal, scratched and gouged, yet even older than any of the ancient bones.  From ten paces she could sense pride and vanity."

One of my favourite moments was from WH-17 "Pink Ribbons" when Mat barges in on Tylin, Suroth, Tuon and Anath.

First off, he is in total shock yet still has time to take note of gold, jewels and how beautiful women are.

The Dice come to a thunderous stop in his head and..."he stood there waiting for one of the Forsaken to leap out of the flames of the marble fire place"

Archived