DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Asmodean

Willez

I think he was my favourite Forsaken though I never understood why he wasn't reincarnated by the dark one when he was found murdered like happened to others.

Anyone have any reasons?

Cheers

Ted Herman

Since you said at an earlier signing that the Dark One couldn't have brought back Asmodean if he wanted, was that at the time of Asmodean's death, or after that?

Robert Jordan

The Dark One couldn't bring back Asmodean because of the combination of two factors: HOW HE DIED and WHERE HE DIED. Not one or the other, both factors.

But why would the Dark One even bother transmigrating him?? Graendahl was murdered for failure before her recovering, and Lanfear was killed as well. Would not Asmodean have suffered the eternal torture threat?? I think he would. But in saying that, he is my third favourite Forsaken. The first two being Demandred and Sammael in that order.

I doubt the DO would have wanted to bring him back even if he could. For all intents and purposes he was a traitor and weak in the DO's eyes. Considering what Moghedien suffered for being captured with an a'dam and forced to teach the Girls, or Lanfear who simply went crazy, I doubt Asmodean would receive any such gifts, unless the DO transmigrated him simply so he could torture him for eternity. 

I think he was my favourite Forsaken though I never understood why he wasn't reincarnated by the dark one when he was found murdered like happened to others.

Anyone have any reasons?

Cheers

Asmo was the black sheep in the family.

Archived