DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[Advanced] Once Upon a Time Mafia- Game Over, Town Wins!!!

wheeloftime13

Andre, Turin and Tsuki all question my vote for Thane, this is a plus for each of them.

Dawn, you questioned AJ and Ithi about their decisions but not mine?  Why?

Thane, since you were the lynch (If this is allowed) what is your take on it?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay, here are my current theories on allegiance based off of my reads.

As asked I will round my neutral votes towards the closest side.

BFG is Mafia

Ed is Mafia

Hallia is Mafia

RTE is Mafia

Basel - Lynched Day1, Flipped Town

Chael - Died Night1, Flipped Town

Dicetosser1 - Died Night1, Flipped Town

Thane - Lynched Day2, flipped Town

AJ is town

Dawnflower8 is town

Ice/Turin is town

Talmanes is town

TGlems is town

Tina/Ithi/Thane(2) is town

Tsuki is town

It should not have to be said, and based off of peoples votecheck lists you may not believe me, but I'm town

I disagree that it's that easy. The only people who can do that so easily are mafia.

You are saying that it is hard to make a list of all the players and then give an opinion if they are more likely mafia or town in your own opinion?

It is more difficult for mafia because they first have to decide what to say about their teammates, and second need to make sure they are consistent..

just make everyone you are unsure of town. it will be okay. And format it correctly.

I find it odd that RTE seemed to know why I want these lists and yet is refusing to give his. I think I may be dead come day.

Hallia and RTE need more looking at. There was some linkage earlier also I think. I will try to look to find it..

I disagree that it's that easy. The only people who can do that so easily are mafia.

How is it hard, you are only giving your opinions of each players faction based off of your reads so far.

Only exception is that Turin's asking for no neutral votes so have to round those out based on your three/four strongest gut feelings being mafia.

Nikon quickly working his way back up to my town list.

Interesting read on BFG - I'm kind of paranoid (rightfully) of her myself but atm I think she looks okay. I could also seeing Ed being mafia that has just gone AWOL. His last game post bothered me.

lol - so everyone who has given a reads list so far is mafia? Including Thane1 who was lynched yesterday and flipped town?

I'm echoing Turin here. I also don't like the fact that you haven't worded them as asked, it seems intentional and sadly I feel what Turin is saying is likely to come true when Day starts.

Hallia & RTE are definitely the two I'm going to be pushing today - an unwillingness to give reads is extremely telling. You don't have to be 'right', that's not what is important. It's the fact that you aren't willing to go on record taking specific stances on people, even those you aren't sure of.

To expound on that a bit in case I'm dead soon: A town player has literally zero motivation in saying that he is able to chat in the scum QT. It introduces WIFOM and frankly is something just very dumb to say if you are town because now you are making yourself that much harder to clear. 

Inversely, scum have a lot of motivation in saying such. They take advantage of the WIFOM it introduces because they can rely on people to have the rationale that mafia would never 'admit' on thread that they are mafia or are able to do mafia things.

This is border policy lynch material - but if you claim scum you should get lynched, bottom line. Townies have no good motivation in doing such because of the confusion that it will always bring. Mafia's job is to confuse and mislead the town.

Think about it.

Yes yes, since the end of Day you've been particularly more grating and annoying to me. I'll explain soon. Love how we have more consistent activity during the night than when we were at deadline with barely any viable trains for so long. Great play people. Anyways fingers crossed we all wake up tomorrow.

RTE first major post. ideas below:

You guys are all crazy.

Thane is noob.

Nikon looks town.

Basel looks just fine with his qualms about people voting noobs. Not sure he's town yet but none of that stuff looked scummy to me.

Tsuki is sticking his neck out to me, looks town.

Tina defended the train on me, so town or looking to get town cred as scum.

Chae is still scummy. Not due to her play but because of her fascination and obsession with all things pink.

Dawn is still a noob in my books but posting well. Which either means she's a good player or is being helped by her team or both?

Andrej looks just fine.

Hallia's doing her Hallia thing.

Ed is alive (Hi Ed, missed you!).

TG is getting his EBromance on with AJ from the Hydra game. I can respect that. No read yet but I'm awful at reading the TG.

Talmanes is new to me. Hallo der Talmanes.

No read on Dice.

BFG is just fine (and I still can't get a decent read on her for the life of me) and that's everyone. :wub:

nothing on Talmanes, Ed, BFG, TG. With additional claims of being unable to read BFG and TG. next to nothing on Hallia,

Basel gets a light defense.

Tsuki hadn't stuck his neck out too much at that point afaik

Tina didn't defend him. her actions were to do with Thane1 voting in odd manner

Chae gets called scummy for out of game reason. Jokes shouldn't be in real game posts like that.

Ice not mentioned. I guess that isn't so bad since he hadn't posted.

Very nice move Turin. Might miss deadline so in case Unvote. Vote Thane

Why do you think I did it?

This night feels like it is taking forever. Come on people... Jeesh

This smacks of anxious to see if kill went thru

Waiting for day. I gave reads quite recently at least.

If you knew why I did it then why are you being difficult in complying?

Ok, so my marvelous reasoning. Brace yourselves, clarity is coming. Or you know, you trying to follow with this reasoning

RTE can you explain how you go from AJ is fine, Dawn is new to AJ and Dawn are mafia?

You guys are all crazy.

Thane is noob. Nikon looks town. Basel looks just fine with his qualms about people voting noobs. Not sure he's town yet but none of that stuff looked scummy to me. Tsuki is sticking his neck out to me, looks town. Tina defended the train on me, so town or looking to get town cred as scum. Chae is still scummy. Not due to her play but because of her fascination and obsession with all things pink. Dawn is still a noob in my books but posting well. Which either means she's a good player or is being helped by her team or both? Andrej looks just fine. Hallia's doing her Hallia thing. Ed is alive (Hi Ed, missed you!). TG is getting his EBromance on with AJ from the Hydra game. I can respect that. No read yet but I'm awful at reading the TG. Talmanes is new to me. Hallo der Talmanes. No read on Dice. BFG is just fine (and I still can't get a decent read on her for the life of me) and that's everyone. :wub:

So this was my first post after a lot of discussion about how I got 4 people voting for me in a span of a few pages on Day 1. I was basically trying to go through the game list and give my impressions of what I thought of everyone at that moment based on what I had gleamed from their posts and interactions.

Most suspicious maybe Dawn for the 4th vote if I remember correctly. Least suspicious Thane for being an excited noob. Chae's vote also bears no suspicion for me. Who was the other again?

So this is the next morning. I hadn't gone back to look at the train itself to see who voted in what order but I should have. I also hadn't done that when I posted above, just went based on memory and having followed the thread without a reread. So here I point out that I don't know who the 4th person was on my train and also note that I had some doubt as to the vote order itself (if I remember correctly).

Ha ha ha. That's funny. You should know better.

Better than dawn even. Guess that makes you suspect number one.

vote Andrej

Thanks for your honesty. Now why would you jump on a train like that? Bad scum Andrej!

I can't remember if there was another post before this that you didn't quote but whatever. Here basically Andrej says he was the the other person and I realize (or he tells me?) that he was the second person on my train. Here is where I get very suspicious. AJ is no stranger to mafia in the BT and knows the meta for the site. 2nd votes on the first day or basically joke vote #2 always has a negative connotation in it in my books. Joke votes are usually evenly spread with no one getting more than one and typically not having a desire to put anyone at 2 votes while everyone else is at 1 joke vote anyways. Of course, I'm so special I got 4. So yes, I call him out on being the second vote on me on day 1 joke voting period as IMO it has scummy precedent.

Nah not fussed. Biut of the 4 votes yours is the most suspicious if I count dawn's as bad noob play. Otherwise Dawn's vote reeks.

You on the other hand have played a ton of games here. You know how people feel about two joke votes on one person in a big enough game. It's pretty rare and always draws a lot of notice. 4 on the other hand... Ha ha well you all know how I make a guy feel special :wub:

I don't follow your reasoning here. If AJ knows how people view second votes on trains, why would AJ as mafia draw that attention to himself?

Are you telling me people who are mafia won't do anything that draw any attention to themselves at any point in the game? If any stage is most harmless it is during the joke vote stage and he didn't know I would end up having 4 people on my train. At that point he looked safe. And frankly at that point I just discredited Dawn's vote based on noob play as the game was still quite early and this is the only thing that had stood out against her then. Now I know that she is not only more experienced and not quite a noob, but scummier than I thought as well.

I was enjoying the show. Knowledge is power.

What's the issue? We don't even have a deadline yet.

Again why would a deadline affect your mafia hunting?

If we are at deadline, I think you don't use votes for reactions. You vote your best scum read or try to at least secure a lynch to avoid a random. Since it was still early day 1 I was interested that my vote against him stirred him as much as it did and yes I think there is a big difference between voting someone at deadline as opposed to at a point in the game where there isn't a deadline yet at all.

Ok on said bus with said power outlet so from here on out I'll be here per usual activity levels.

Ok so top people I'm interested in are Andrej, Dawn, and thane. I believe at least one of the quiet players might be mafia and I don't think it's a bad idea to look at the final VC but

Welcome back. So essentially you're most interested in the people who were on your train at the beginning of Day 1, any other reason?

Yes, I think their play hasn't improved or has dropped off considerably. AJ is an interesting one. I think that if dawn is scum as I suspect, it essentially clears AJ in my books as town. If she's town then he begs more revisiting. I'm still undecided about him but he isn't among my top scum reads.

Now, part of me is starting to think that if Thane is scum, his team would have quieted him down a lot sooner than he did. Then again who knows, maybe he didn't check the QT or just was going with the flow and it got a bit out of hand. That being said he did go quite quiet now so that's interesting. I see a shift there. I'm thinking Dawn and Thane are scum and lately Hallia's posting is irking me. I have trouble with Hallia though. Her recent posts have been better although that is mostly based on the agreeing with Turin and possibly the post before. Problem is she plays very very similarly as town and scum but as town probably will post something more comprehensive and lengthy at some point which I don't think she has done yet. At least, not one that particularly satisfied me enough to have her as a solid town read. Nikon is someone else I'm interested in looking closer at.

Town reads on Turin, Tsuki, Ithi (sorry to see you go :sad: ) BFG,

Town lean on AJ

Scum read on Dawn and Thane

Scum lean on Hallia and Nikon

Null on TG (he said he had some R/L stuff going on FYI), Talmanes, Ed (posting was ok but very low volume, hard to make much of out it, almost a town lean though but too little to go on)

Happy with my vote for now but at deadline would switch to Thane or, as a last resort, Hallia for consolidation (scum lean but I'm wrong about her a lot and worried I might be here as well).

odd change of position on AJ and BFG. You went from voting him and no have him as >rand town. Yet you link him as opposite of whatever Dawn is. This feels like trying to set him up if Dawn lynched and flips town. Now you feel confident on your BFG read when you claim to not be able to read her? odd.

You claim a scum read on Hallia but only want to lynch her as a last resort because you could be wrong? more odd. 

hallia and RTE need to be the trains for tomorrow. like STAT.

You guys are really impatient. It's coming alright? Obviously it's because I need to ask my teammates in the QT right?

Jeesh calm down. I think it's a brilliant idea, I really do. But just hold on with it.

what if you die during the night? we would really like to know what you are thinking...

This is random, but was Ice replaced? If not, he probably should be. (Considering he HAS been online he doesn't seem to care about this game at all)

Ice was replaced a while ago, this plus the fact that she has been asked for a votecheck list and ignored it increases my suspicions of her.

When was he replaced and by who?

Archived