DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

You know, it was in The Shadow Rising, that I realised

thanumba1loser

I agree wholeheartedly. Many people like to downplay the latter books but in my opinion the story really didn't begin until TSR. The first three books were more of a preamble meant to provide necessary back storys of the main characters. It is in this book that the five Emond's Feilders shed their small town personas and start along the paths to becoming the people they are today. Rand establishes himself with the Aiel as Car'a'carn and begins he quest to unite the nations in preparation for TG. Mat goes Rhudian and gets his new memories, attains is signature hat and weapon and becomes leader of the Band of the Red Hand. Perrin returns to the Two Rivers, frees them form Whitecloaks and Trollocs and become Lord of the Two Rivers. Egwene begins her studies with the Wise Ones and Nyneave sets off with Elayne on the path that will ultimately lead her the Salidar where she will discover the ability to heal severing and introduce "New Healing."

That's why I love these books. all the detail. Consider just the names of Myrdraal. You've got Myrdraal, fade, eyeless, lurk, shadowman, faceless, and probably others. I've read the stories through probably a dozen times (obviously the older books more than the newer ones) and I still pick up new details each time because the first time through they don't obviously mean anything but then you get other details later in the series that relate back to the first....it's great!

The fact that a dark prophecy in book two allows you to figure out the identity of Lord Luc in book four is amazing! Two sentences and' date=' BOOM! entirely new plot line is unfloded 2 books later. Gotta love stuff like that.[/quote']

thing that always makes me wonder is that Verin knows who Luc is but never tells anybody.

wha dark prophecy? the one fain wrote on the jail walls? w/e i will ahve to re-read the sereis as amol comes out in february!

Maybe February of 2008 but it ain't going to be next month. If I had to guess I'd bet we wouldn't see it before fall of 2008.

Guest cwestervelt
wha dark prophecy? the one fain wrote on the jail walls? w/e i will ahve to re-read the sereis as amol comes out in february!

Maybe February of 2008 but it ain't going to be next month. If I had to guess I'd bet we wouldn't see it before fall of 2008.

Where's this February stuff coming from? Jordan isn't even finished writing A Memory of Light. An article on Forbes.com dated November 30' date=' 2006 contains a statement from Tom Doherty, president of Tor Books, that with only the couple hours a day RJ can spend writing, publication won't be until 2009.

http://www.forbes.com/2006/11/30/robert-jordan-illness-tech-media_cx_hc_books06_1201jordan.html

Jordan plans to live another 30 years--long enough, he says to finish all the books that are in his head right now. That will require a large dose of luck, and so far, his luck has been mixed. The new drug he's taking seems to be working well. Still, he can write for two hours a day at most, compared with eight or nine hours in healthier times. At this rate, he'll submit the final book in 2008 for publication in 2009, says Tom Doherty, president of Tor Books, Jordan's publisher.

Archived