DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

casudane

ASHAMAN1282083201

Guest Wynne Jessal

Is there any reason to think she has lied about something or killed someone? She does have the ageless look, ne? And as the most powerful AS in a thousand years (pre Nynaeve, et al), her life would be expected to be longer than the average AS.

It seems pretty clear that she's not Black Ajah. Beyond that, her past and her current agenda is somewhat shrouded in mystery... though I think Verin is a more mysterious and suspicious character.

No, unfortunately I do not think that Cadsuane is a BA, she's never commited an act that would she suggest that she has been released from the Oath Rod either.

Which is a shame. I would have liked to see someone take her down a peg or two. :evil:

Guest Wynne Jessal

Sometimes I wish someone would spank Cadsuane, and sometimes I like her.

A lot of RJ's female characters have the same affect. :wink:

Whilst i think that for a lot of RJ's female characters, Cadsuane is not one of them. She is aware of who an what she is, she doesn't define herself by her nature as Aes Sedai, and she isn't willing to accept other people who define themselves by their position rather then their ability.

Guest Wynne Jessal

I just tend to resent it when people manipulate others blindly, in the belief that they know what's best for everyone else. The AS of the 3rd Age tend to do that.

I think it's better to be open and communicate with people.

Her high-handed manouvering of people is why I dislike her character.

But otherwise she is fine. As in, when she yells at Nynaeve and/or Min and/or any other AS to pull themselves together.

do u think that she found out and realesed herself after she got the ageless look

This is an interesting question. If an Aes Sedai was bound by the Oath Rod for a few years and got the ageless look. If those oaths where then removed, will she keep the ageless look or will it disappear? (Maybe disappear after a few years, the same way it takes a while to show)

If an Aes Sedai was bound by the Oath Rod for a few years and got the ageless look. If those oaths where then removed, will she keep the ageless look or will it disappear? (Maybe disappear after a few years, the same way it takes a while to show)

The ageless look disappears instantly (or close to it)... remember Siuan and Leane, nobody could recognise them later the same day.

If an Aes Sedai was bound by the Oath Rod for a few years and got the ageless look. If those oaths where then removed' date=' will she keep the ageless look or will it disappear? (Maybe disappear after a few years, the same way it takes a while to show)[/quote']

The ageless look disappears instantly (or close to it)... remember Siuan and Leane, nobody could recognise them later the same day.

Yes, but that happens when Aes Sedai are severed. I'm talking about the Oath Rod being used to remove the oath. Will the ageless face remain forever, or will it fade away.

Guest cwestervelt
If an Aes Sedai was bound by the Oath Rod for a few years and got the ageless look. If those oaths where then removed' date=' will she keep the ageless look or will it disappear? (Maybe disappear after a few years, the same way it takes a while to show)[/quote']

Yes, but that happens when Aes Sedai are severed. I'm talking about the Oath Rod being used to remove the oath. Will the ageless face remain forever, or will it fade away.

It will fade away, just not as rapidly as with Siuan and Leane. Siuan and Leanne's ill treatment at the time they were stilled accelerated the the rate at which they lossed the ageless look. It was being released from the Oaths themselves that actually caused the loss.

Oh yeah? Where did you read any proof of that?

The only time we have any idea of someone being freed from the oaths is when Elaida's secret service team freed themselves of the oaths. And the time period is way too short to say whether or not there is an effect on their looks.

Here's one Thor: When Amico Nagoyin was stilled in the Stone of Tear, Aviendha notes that she no longer looks ageless.

(The Shadow Rising, chapter 5)

The agelessness slipped from Amico slowly, because she was not tortured like Siuan and Leane were, but it did go away.

It went away because she was released from the Black Ajah Oaths when she was stilled.

Anything without stilling involved

No, because we don't have any examples of someone taking the Oaths and then being permanently released without losing their ability to channel as well.

Black Ajah are obviously released, but then take their own Oaths.

The people caught by Seaine's hunters are also required to retake the Oaths quickly.

But its ridiculously obvious that the agelessness is caused by the Oaths. None of the other channelers have it, so its not related to the Power. The Oaths cause the agelessness, and being released from them causes the agelessness to go away. Its extremely simple.

The Oaths cause the agelessness' date=' and being released from them causes the agelessness to go away. Its extremely simple.[/quote']

I agree, just wondering how long it would take if those oaths were removed with the Oath Rod. I can only think that it would take as long to fade away as it took to manifest (if the oaths were not removed via stilling/burning out).

They are both binders, and likely identical in function.

About the fading if the oath is removed... given the comparative difference in physical response to the removal to the swearing of oaths, it may be that the decline of the effects of the rod are much more expediant to their placing... it would make sense in cases of false conviction. Especially if the Agelessness is a sign of being a criminal.

Guest Barmacral

In RJ's BWB I think he states that it is thought that the Nine Rods of Dominion that LTT could summon are in fact the current oath rods that you know in the series as it is now. If this is so than there must be at least 7 more of these rods either floating around or destroyed.

Archived