DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

casudane

ASHAMAN1282083201

Guest cwestervelt
In RJ's BWB I think he states that it is thought that the Nine Rods of Dominion that LTT could summon are in fact the current oath rods that you know in the series as it is now. If this is so than there must be at least 7 more of these rods either floating around or destroyed.

The BWB isn't infalible. The BWB is known to have some errors, some of them deliberate, some probably because the coauthor did the majority of the work and didn't consult with Jordan frequently enough. Even the prologue contains a statement from that "author" to that extent. When evidence exists either from the books or later contradictory quotes from RJ, the BWB can no longer be held as canon material

In the case of the binders, in my oppinion, there is reason to believe the BWB in incorrect in this instance. Each binder we have seen has a number on it. From Forsaken PoV's there isn't much reason to believe each works differently. Liandrin's experience certainly shows them to have the same results. My guess is that the number is an identifier. That way, when they were used in the Age of Legends, they could keep better records. If they are identifiers, based on the numbers we have seen, there were likely over 100.

And no Thor, I cannot provide you with proof of that the numbers are identifiers. It is an oppinion and you are not required to accept it.

Guest Cadsuane

Seeing as how I named myself after her, I thought I should weigh in on this issue. :P

I believe it could be possible that Cadsuane got a hold of an oath rod and removed the 3 oaths, replacing them with other oaths (to the dark or just to suit her own purposes), but not likely. I think it serves her too well to be an Aes Sedai, she doesn't have much need for any other powers that losing the 3 oaths would give her. Her tough as nails personality and strength in the OP gets her what she needs to make the changes she sees fit to make in the long term interest of the people.

And no, I do not believe she is BA. Rand is behaving like an obnoxious, spoiled, self-pitying child and she treats him as such. That isn't evil, that's good parenting. ^_^

Guest Wynne Jessal

Um. I think you're a little confused.

This topic is clearly about casudane.

Not Cadsuane.

Read the subject line before you post, kthx.

:wink:

I dont understand the belief that the oath rods convey agelessness... were not some of the Kin, not bound by oath rods but were marked by the vaguely aes sedia aglessness, as well as wise ones, if I am correct, and believe I am, then the oath rod carries no real effect on the ageless appearance but it is conveyed by touching the true source.

if I am wrong then I humbly submit to trollish bashing...

Guest Wynne Jessal
I dont understand the belief that the oath rods convey agelessness... were not some of the Kin' date=' not bound by oath rods but were marked by the vaguely aes sedia aglessness, as well as wise ones, if I am correct, and believe I am, then the oath rod carries no real effect on the ageless appearance but it is conveyed by touching the true source.

if I am wrong then I humbly submit to trollish bashing...[/quote']

No, none of the Kin or Wise Ones have the ageless look. They all can have an age applied to them.

They've slowed, from their channeling and touching saidar, but since none of them have sworn on an OR, none of them have the ageless look.

In RJ's BWB I think he states that it is thought that the Nine Rods of Dominion that LTT could summon are in fact the current oath rods that you know in the series as it is now. If this is so than there must be at least 7 more of these rods either floating around or destroyed.

The Nine Rods of Dominion were people... regional governers to be specific. The BWB does not say that they were in anyway related to the binders, and RJ has since stated that they are not in the QotW on ToR.

I dont understand the belief that the oath rods convey agelessness... were not some of the Kin, not bound by oath rods but were marked by the vaguely aes sedia aglessness, as well as wise ones, if I am correct, and believe I am, then the oath rod carries no real effect on the ageless appearance but it is conveyed by touching the true source.

Indeed, as Wynne said, the Agelessness is an effect of the Rod. Neither the Kin nor the Wise Ones have it. They have, however, slowed.

Guest Wynne Jessal
Indeed' date=' as Wynne said, the Agelessness is an effect of the Rod. Neither the Kin nor the Wise Ones have it. They have, however, slowed.[/quote']

OMG. This is an historic moment. Luckers agrees with me!! :shock:

(Of course, it's something as undeniable as OR = agelessness, but still... v. momentous day *marks calendar*) :wink:

Guest cwestervelt

I found on another site. I am hesitant to post it because I cannot verify the authenticity of the information.

http://www.ataricommunity.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-309384.html

Jordan explicitly confirms the whole Oath Rod/Binder theory. Just one Oath would not produce the Ageless look, but three will.

The Oath Rod is definitely not one of the Nine Rods of Dominion.

The discussion thread makes mention of an interview in Hungary on April 23, 2003. No transcript is provided, and the link to the a recording of the interview leads to the leftovers of Trollocs lunch. http://www.dragonmount.com/Interviews/2003-04-23.php

Archived