DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii !

Cass

Wheeeee! (Updated) Band bio has been approved!

Hi! I'm Cass  :smile: 

It's been about 7+ years since I RP'd with the Band (after originally joining in around 1998  :blink: ) buuuut I'm finally back now and definitely ready to roll!

Who's active around here now? What's happening with the Band? Anyone keen to get something going with a short and feisty ex Altaran street-rat? Her bio is here if anybody's curious... warning though, she may have made her way to Infantry Captain, but she definitely does still bite!

I would like everybody to know that Eb started before I did, and she's one of the very few people (probably fewer than 15) on the site who can say that.  Also, she is awesome.

We soon will also have Te'Oran once he replies and finishes his intro RP that I'm doing with him.

Also welcome back EB. Any thoughts on how you wanted to come into the band yet for your Intro RP?

Edited by Sherper

Awesome! (and I'm in the process of convincing Aidanna to join as well - I think she's working on a bio actually ;) ) - Hopefully that means things will be fairly active?

Who belongs to what regiment?

Are there any training requirements etc that a Captain could help out with?

Does anyone have an idea for a rp that could handle a cranky, knife-wielding Altaran Infantry Cap-i-tain? ;)

Edited by _Eb_

I'm thinking of starting the bear thing next year. Or perhaps write up an intro and allow you lot time to get settled in. Is EB using her return character then? Be glad to think up of something if that's the case.

Ohai EB! Yeah I pop in from time to time (*cough* or when my name's mentioned XD)  but I'm busy as all and mostly internet-less :p

I have no idea how Miri ended up a cav...??? Anyhoo, yeah my char's floating around somewhere. I'll try to make a reappearance soonish, but you should be off to an epic start, ya got all these other lovely RPers here to play with :D

*poofs again*

Edited by Nyanna al'Meara

Yep, using her as per the approved bio (updated from her original) - slightly older and potentially less sulky than when I last played her, but basically a hard, untrusting, hate-everybody's-guts kind of woman. What are you thinking Sherp?

Anyone's char keen for some loveless sword/close-combat prac?

Edited by _Eb_

*Waves at Nya before she poofs out again*

Ooh, I'll help you bug Aidanna!!!

My character Arkin's a scout, as is Sherper's

Arinth is an infant

Nya is a cav

Thanks BB - very informative! (Boo for no O/S?? But YEY!!! for more time to ease me back into RP  :biggrin: )

And Sherp,

Jeral might be interested in puting a few shafts into you. Depending on how threateningly you swing that sword of yours.

:biggrin:

Yey!

The swords are scary ... but it's the daggers and the mace that you need to watch out for  :wink: 

What weapons would he want experience in? He's a scouty scout, right? *goes to re-read bio for details*

And yeah Jeral's a scout. Btw, Arkin's a massive user of knives so that could make for some fun :P

No, it was NOT fun. This bloody windbag tried to stick me in the gut the first time I came to the citadel! Ignoring the fact that I was poaching on the land.. or the fact that I was shooting arrows at him.. or the fact that then I tried charging him with a knife.

Also, Eb you say you wanted to start another Weapons training RP? well I'd be up for that.

And yeah Jeral's a scout. Btw, Arkin's a massive user of knives so that could make for some fun :P

No, it was NOT fun. This bloody windbag tried to stick me in the gut the first time I came to the citadel! Ignoring the fact that I was poaching on the land.. or the fact that I was shooting arrows at him.. or the fact that then I tried charging him with a knife.

Definitely fun!!!! Sounds like Eb's kind of guy... light, she probably used knife hilts for teething rings growing up in the Rahad... sounds like they'd be a run for each other's money  :wink:

As for the training/intro thread - what would you guys prefer? I've PM'd Arinth suggesting both of the above options, but given Eb's rank etc. I don't really think it's fair to just jump into that thread and start training, or be a Godder and NPC someone fighting against her - I think it'd be much more fun to play that or something similar with another writer 'for real'. I'm mindful that it's gonna be a little hard to bring her back into the RP at that level, given that there's not really anyone left who's been around long enough to remember her... I promise you she's not a 'newbie' though - she's definitely done her hard yards on the boards! I'm working out some backstory with Quib/Mehrin that gives a reason for her being away for the duration of the timeline between her leave and new members...

But anyway. It depends what you're all looking for, I guess - which weapons you're planning to use in the group training thread/if there's any point for extra training/ any other melee weapons your chars could use extra one-on-one training with/if you wanna get something going for character development (that could be facilitated with a very moody/sulky/scary/volatile character? -  :baalzamon: Mwah ha ha ha ha *evil laugh*  :rolleyes: ) 

Thoughts?

ETA - if you each give me something you'd like to run with, and it's not the group RP thread, I'd be happy to go ahead and post individual 'Eb meets Jeral/Arkin' threads along the lines of whatever you're after?

Edited by _Eb_

Well it sounds like Arkin's personality is exactly the opposite of your char's XD so I could see them being all funny at each other.

And I approve of the meeting Arkin and Jeral thread, but fighting mightn't be the most logical thing to start off with...

Eb, how are you coming back? Are you wanderig in through the forest or just appearing or...? Just trying to figure stuff out. :)

Not a hundred percent on this just yet - Quib and I are in the process of fleshing a few backstory things out, but it would probably work either way. If it turns out she's actually been there the whole time, then the training/combat thread would work best. If you're thinking of whether it would be worth starting her off being 'discovered' by Jeral/Arkin/others who wouldn't recognise her as she's making her way back, that could definitely work if she's been away. I'll get back to you on this as soon as a decision has been made!

*runs off to re-read Arkin's bio*