DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

THE TAINTED TIMES - OCTOBER 2013

Talya

a-charlie-brown-thanksgiving.jpg

TAINTED TIMES

OCTOBER 2013

Another Month over and another one ahead of us. November is here already, I seem to have more birthday's this month than any other. not too much happens, this side of the water, Guy Fawkes night is at the beginning (5th November), A bonfire and some fireworks, I do enjoy this time of year. But over the water, the celebration of thanksgiving takes place at the end of the Month, and then the Christmas season starts. before we look forward, lets have a look what happened in October. It has been a very busy month with absolutely loads going on, if you don't believe me, read on...

more new members this month, lets welcome them..

New members: 7     :smile:

Zhon

Thytaark

NotBob

Zail

NeverTame

lonewolfshifter

Theodora

Welcome to the BT, I hope your time here is fun and frivolous!

Promotions: 0    no one promoted, this is sad, but don't worry I'm saure we will make up for it in November

Events/Active Threads:

The Tainted Days of the Black Tower - The theme for the special week in the BT, which was held this month. There were certainly a lot of activities and a lot of time and effort was put into creating them, and so many people joined in to make them even better. 

Black Tower Mafia II - The revolt: our great leader has been modding this fantastic game, with help behind the scenes from the deliciously evil, TMD. It looks like there is a revoly in the Tower to remove Tina from it's leadership...who would dare do such a thing. Wait abit longer and we will see if the manage it. 

OP Tournament: This had a lot of interest as always and TMD is the winner. 

Mad Lib: Mashi is using texts from the WoT books and it´s so funny to read the result once we have changed the words. 

Prisoners of the Black Tower: Only four people took this challenge up and the two teams battled it out to escape. Talya and Panchi on one team and Ley and Mish on the other. Nikon did an excellent on modding this game, and also a lot of hard work went into it. the challenges were difficult but fun. In the end Talya and Panchi one, Sisters of the Light!

Panchi created the Taintometer, a test where you can see how tainted you are. some may have been a little disappointed with the result, but the Taintometer is never wrong, unless it hasn't been oiled! 

And finally, Talya has hosted the Tainted News thread. There really are  a lot of crazy news out there. 

The Asha´man challenge was a match challenge. (Private boards.) Tina posted pictures of Matched which in a certain number of moves to change the shape. A few took part and lately the Asha'man lounge has been seeing a little more activity, lets hope it lasts.

It seems like the new members have woken our oldies and it has led to a lot of spam. Really fun to see that the activity is better again. Some of the most popular threads were Csarmi´sEating my Hat - feel free to join meTalya´s Can you believe people and Shifty´s Sad Sad Puppy Wolfie.

Locke has started the new and improved Shockwave Competition.  It has been slow so far, probably because of some rating confusion and a lot of other activities going on. So don't forget to pop in and join in. 

So what is going on in November:

Yet another silly story by Tina: Here in the Quiet room (private Board)

Also in the Quiet room BT Bestiary: HERE

Shockwave Competition

Ashamans - check the board for new challenges and tests

Why don´t you try Dore Moredo?

And Finally: 

We have some new Staff, so welcome Ed and Basel for the Shadow and Nikon for the Light, I'm sure they will be just as frightful and mean professional as the rest. 

And now a Light refreshment...

funny-thanksgiving-turkey-joke.gif

258182991107447924_WOAwPx6d_c.jpg

Luke: What did the turkey say to the computer?
Will: What?
Luke: “Google, google, google.”

A man buys a parrot, only to have it constantly insult him. He tries everything to make the parrot stop, but nothing works. Frustrated, the man puts the parrot in the freezer. After a few minutes the insults stop. The man thinks he might have killed the parrot, so he opens the freezer and takes the parrot out. The parrot is shivering. It stammers, “S-s-sorry for being r-r-rude. Please f-f-forgive me.” Then, after a moment, the parrot softly asks, “W-w-what exactly d-d-did the turkey do?”

Archived