DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Welcome NeverTame :)

Smiley73

Oh, yes, it should be plenty enough time! Under normal circumstances, at least. However, I'm currently doing an exchange year abroad, and most of the time this means more offline kind of social life and less time to keep up with my online social life (lives?) or other extremely important activities, like plotting for NaNo. We'll see how the writing itself goes, next month...

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome to the Black Tower!!! I see that you have been offered some of our tainted brownies already. :) Please tell us a bit about yourself. How long have you been reading WoT? Do you have a favourite asha'man? Do you think of yourself as a sane person?

You will get the official welcome PM tomorrow when I have a computer.

Thank you! *bows*

I'm an over-aged university student from Finland, currently located in Slovenia for an exchange year. I started reading WoT in 2001 or 2002, in Finnish but switched to English at Lord of Chaos when I caught up with the translators and didn't want to wait. The best decision I ever made; it did wonders to my English grades throughout the rest of my school life! I was caught up with the series before Knife of Dreams came out, and it was the first book that I had to wait for... And by that time I'd fallen off the wagon. I did buy KoD when it came out but didn't read it until much later.

Then, approximately 1,5 years ago, I realised that hey, there have been two new books published since I last read this series, I should probably start rereading the whole thing before AMoL comes out! And I did... But I read through the first 13 books way faster than I'd anticipated and still had to wait 8 months between finishing ToM and getting my hands on AMoL. And after AMoL, I reread the whole series again. Since then I've been somewhat at a loss as to what to do with myself... x)

I do have a favourite Asha'man... In fact my favourite character in the series is Mazrim Taim, has been since I first read LoC. But as far as regular Asha'man go, Damer Flinn is pretty awesome.

As for my sanity, well, I am hardly the best judge of that... x)

Funny that you say Taim because I can't stop reading your name as NeverTaim. Lol

I started reading the books in Swedish and then I changed to English after a few books. The last three books won't get translated into Swedish.

Yeah, the last I checked it's the same for us - the Sanderson books won't be getting translated. Which is not a problem for me, as I barely read books in Finnish anymore, but sucks for those who would prefer to read in Finnish (or even don't know English well enough to read books)...

And as for my name, it's actually a reference to an RJ quote regarding the pronunciation of Taim's name;

I understand that some of you are unhappy with the pronunciation of Taim’s name. Sorry, guys, but it is tah-EEM, not tame. Never tame. Not that one.

...I thought it was pretty clever of me. Oh well. x)

Yeah, the last I checked it's the same for us - the Sanderson books won't be getting translated. Which is not a problem for me, as I barely read books in Finnish anymore, but sucks for those who would prefer to read in Finnish (or even don't know English well enough to read books)...

And as for my name, it's actually a reference to an RJ quote regarding the pronunciation of Taim's name;

I understand that some of you are unhappy with the pronunciation of Taim’s name. Sorry, guys, but it is tah-EEM, not tame. Never tame. Not that one.

...I thought it was pretty clever of me. Oh well. x)

oh...

that is rather clever

Archived