DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Which book are you on?? PLEASE ANSWER MY POLL.

Amalasan

Which is the best city or town  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Which is the best city or town

• Emond's Field
    • Tar Valon
    • Tear
    • Seanchan
    • Lugard

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think I'll have to do that sometime Goldy, but I bet there's a hell of a lot of tapes! :? My style of reading is similar to yours sweet, if I read too fast I miss bits and I seem to get well ahead of myself. Reading at a leisurely pace tends to make it all that more of a vivid experience. :)

:?: So just out curiosity folks, who has polled the "books 4-6" option along side me? Is it you Min? :?:

i did. i'm currently on lord of chaos the 6th book. i'm pretty new to the series having started late january - early february on the series, after reading a review for song of ice and fires latest book which mentioned wheel of time and i thought well i've nothing better to do and i'm so glad i had nothing better because this is the greatest book series i've ever read

Guest Egwene

*playing a fanfare* to accompany the epic meeting of Amalasan and Maverick who have finally recognised each other after a search started many pages ago in an age where Amalasan thought himself as the only reader on books 4-6. Who knows at the next turning of the page we may see yet more people joining this elusive group...... :D

Min, lot's of people rate aSoIaF as high or higher than WoT. Have a look on the general discussions board, there is a thread about recommended authors.. it might give you some more ideas of things to read after WoT

It's not one of my favourites but my husband probably enjoyed it more than WoT. But there are so many people raving about it, it's got to be worth a try.

its a good series, however4 Martin tends to kill off A LOT of his major charachters without any warning.

myself personally i prefer wheel of time as the characters are more exciting and i like the fact that there is a big bad guy, as opposed to ASOIF where there are a lot of gray charachters who can be bad or good depending on your POV

at the moment i'm absoloutley loving the series and am about a quarter of the way through book 6. what i wanted to ask you all is are the reviews i've read accurate? they say that the series declines significantly from book 7 until you hit book 11, is this true?

so they aren't too terrible then i've been dreading reaching book 7 as i didn't want the series ruined.

as for plot accumulation George RR Martin seems to love doing that just building and building then a little explosion, but not quite the one you were expectin. so i can read on to book 7 and beyond without fear i hope.

First off: ASoIaF is GREAT! It's much more adult than WoT, but I think the fact that you have no idea what's coming next is what makes that series SOOOOOO good. I read it without knowing what to expect and was blown away. The world is just as real as Randland, and the characters are as varied as you can find characters in any series. It's absolutely fantastic, though I do like WoT just a bit more.

Second: Book 7 is not that bad. People consider less than LoC because everyone and their brother liked the ending to LoC and kinda wanted something even better after that, which isn't going to happen until the Last Battle most likely. So no, ACoS isn't bad at all, it's ending is rather sweet. The next three books PoD, WH, and CoT are only considered slow because their build up to the end, and to get there RJ has some ground to cover. There are PLENTY of awesome scenes in them, Forsaken battles, plot movements, a bunch of wrapping up of questions you've had, and the over whelming fact that you KNOW by the end of CoT that the Last Battle is going to be SWEET! And then of course KoD is (in my opinon) the best since LoC, it's got a whole lot going on in it. Over all the series is great, and if you've already read through book 6, I think stopping now is crazy. If you're going to stop, it better be in the first two books (which is pretty impossible) because by the time you're half way through you HAVE to get to the end.

I have been reading the wheel of time for 11 years and have reread i will say 6 times. I remember my third read-through was in college and I read the first 5 books in a week ( never made it to class that week :twisted: )

Currently listening on audiobooks. That is AWESOME. I listen driving, working, even sitting around the house. It is really upsetting that Path of Daggers and Crown of Swords are not currently available. :cry:

I am a speed reader. While reading, this series more than others, I lose my self in these people and places.

There was a mention of hoping this series never ends. As much as I LOVE WoT, I am going to have a coronary if the end doesn't come soon (meaning the next few years) 11 years is a loooonnngg time to NOT know what is going to happen, and knowing that Robert Jordan knows the end exactly and has from the beginning. :x

Archived