DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Brown Ajah Travel Week: Travels through Imagination

Mrs. Cindy Gill

Ive always wanted go to Tír na nÓc, which is suposed to be the best annd most important síde/otherworld in my religon. Lol even wrote an poem abot it a long whiel ago in a vision I had and tempted too translate it now. Its the Land of everlastin youth, and suppose to be remenant of the first universe the gods created, and its th centre of our cosmologicall map of countless worllds/universes. Teher isnt any pain there or unhapiness, everythinng is peaceful and nothinng ever dies or fades and no oen wants for anything.

Lot of peple say it present to yuo what you want most or see as ideall, so for me, I saw it as how I ws told of it in most legennds - a world with rich colours, especialy green and blue on ll the vegetation, a heavly forested place wher there are trees taller than moutains and there are leaves that glow like stars, and there is flowers on bough and bush of any colours imaginble and of shapes nevre seen on this world, tiny delicate flowers or huge blosom that cuold easily sit in, and there are incarnnate Áes in those great forests playing, part of which includes feastin becuse the Áes dont actually have to eat. Their cities float in th skies liek in the legends, and they reminded me of forest carvedd from iridescent crystal, evrything looked so intricate and organic and incised on the outsidde with meanders and spiralls typical in mounds yuo see here, but these ones glowed - only cities I evre thought beautifull, particulurly since they wer in th sky and didnnt bothre the environment. Sky itself was somthing to admire, seemed to be eternaly twilight, even with three things that lookd like white suns always in th sky (thuogh they could have been moons becuse the light was so pallid, or they cuold have just been something unknown to this planet so I wuoldnt know the name), and yuo could see a whoel map of stars everywhere bove you at all times. Lol other legends have people seein it as a land of eternal sunshine but I gues it was presented to me as eternal twilighht because thats my favourite sort of sky, when the black is comin down from above but there is stil purples and deep reds o th horizon wher the sun is setting, thuogh these colours were everywhere at the fringe where the sky meets eartth, as if there were suns settingg in every direction yuo looked.

There is so much more of say, but realy take a book or long poem give it justicce lol. I loved taht vision and loved and stil love the thoght of actualy living in thatt place. In legend thres only two ways to gett there, being invited by an Áes or by acidentaly finding the path in the sky that is said to take yuo there which lies somewher in the west/Atlantic. Id want to get away soo bad at times, to place withuot pain or loneliness or unhapiness, it was painfull and Ive even held rituals beging the Áes to take me away from here lol, thuogh at times Id feel guilty that Id leve my siblings behind but I figuered if I cuold get there I could then invite them too, or, if I let mysellf lose my memory as can happen there, I gues I wouldnt miss them anyways. I even pray evrytime I got on a fishin vessel for my jobs as deckhand that we wuold all sail into the path, liek in stories, and accidentlly wind up in Tir na nÓc, while once long time ago I got a rowboat and took some food ad water that wuold last me cuople days and just started rowin west hoping to come on something, didnt really care if I had been capsised by rogue wave or met with soem other disaster I was feelin that desperate. That at lest resulted in my vision, so maybbe if I can try again someday, bring more food and water to last longre, get a hold of a sail boat rathre than row boat, Ill actually make it lol.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

that's beautiful, Taltos. and really that's why some of us live in our heads sometimes. it's why I do anyway. to find a place without pain or loneliness or unhappiness.

wonder and loveliness and color and feasts and companions and youth and vigor and escape from everything in reality that hurts or simply leaves us empty.

I look for invisible paths every moment of waking and sleeping.

I woudl go visit the elves :wub: Rivendell, Mirkwood, Lothlorien... I'd spend days sitting around, listening to the music of their language and soaking in the peace. I've always thought that the dwellings of the elves would have this peaceful aura. I could spend weeks looking at their arcitecture and art, and talk with them of philosphy and nature. 

And then afterwards, when I was filled to the rim with peace, I'd go to the Shire for one heck of a party. Maybe take a quick detour to Rohan first, to check out the horses :biggrin:

is it odd that I've rarely been able to see myself in rand land? well a bit as an AS but more often as someone in a boat in the marshes for reasons I don't understand. well ok yes, because Lan would visit now and then and...

um. yeah.

but most other books are easier for me to climb into

I could totally be a headologist in discworld.

I agree with that. I don't think it would ever get boring at DEATH's mansion.

I have a lot of worlds in my head. I probably live in them more than I do in RL. There is this big garden where each plant is actually a portal to a world. Worlds may go through ups and downs but that garden is always at peace. And I have friends there to whom I could trust with anything and know that since no one knows them, my secrets will be safe. And I can always go to one of those worlds through the portals. Some of the worlds are quite lovely. Big castles with secret passages, serene mountains, clear lakes, nice weather, forests and places where I can actually fly without wings.. And they send a clone to normal world so no one would think I am missing.

has anyone ever had the reverse fantasy of taking characters from your favorite fictions into the real world with you?

I spent a few years in my teens and later imagining bringing the wilders out of poverty and backbreaking fruitless labor and taking them into NYC with me. I'd have these fantasies in the car to and from school watching the modern insanity and thinking how much more they might appreciate it than me...

Sorry can't say I have

Here's an idea, take the TARDIS on-board the Next Generation Enterprise (been done) and now take them both through the Stargate

Or if you really want the Enterprise through the Stargate that then encounters the TARDIS (sounds more adventurous that way)

Tardis and Next Gen Comic where the Borg and Cybermen align

The Enterprise can go through a SuperGate - constructed in latter seasons of SG1

That is exactly the question: Stargate to where - destination unknown.

ooohhh... must purchase.

and yea I remember the super gate now.

that is the question... do ou have any answers or are you all about the journey?

I'm into the journey if it's an interesting ride, ie tardis... but more about the destination. might as well all be folding space to me tbh.

Callahan today I think.

Well you don't always know where you're going when you go through a Stargate - a sunflare could send you back or perhaps forward (usually back) in time.

All I know is on the other end, the TARDIS will be encountered and then wacky adventures ensue.

Archived