DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The Beautiful Game (everything soccer)

Nyanna al'Meara

Rapinoe was playing with Lyon's women's team this year before returning to the US at the end of the season to play in the NWSL. If she comes back next season, you might get to see her play in the Champions League against one of the german teams.

Yeah!!!! Oooohoho I know what treat I'm gonna be saving up for...

Bayern vs Lyon womens teams, PUHLEASE GOD MAKE IT HAPPEN :D

Speaking of.... First game of the womens EC quarterfinal has begun, Iceland vs Sweden, who already made the score 0:1 after two minutes! (scratch that, upped to 0:2 after 15 minutes :rolleyes:)

Edit: 0:3 and it wasnt even 18 minutes XD

And right after, Germany are playing Italy.

And after that I'mma go kick a bit myself.

Rest of day = made. :)

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How lame. It's their own fault. A billion and half occasions and they can't score. Losing against the USA or Japan was one thing, but losing against Denmark? They can only blame themselves. Denmark played well, but Delie's absence should not have made them so inefficient up front. 

We've got a wicked team :D and its gonna be even better give the younger players a few years to get more experience, but impressive already nonetheless! :totallynotbiaisedLenaLotzenfan: :tongue:

Ok, so semi 2 just started, and already just two minutes in, boom! Good going Norway! I kinda really like Denmark too though...

Never realized there where so many strong Soccer supporters here, unfortunately Canada doesn't contribute hugely to the Soccer world (although our ladies had an amazing run a year or two back, only to get knocked out due to questionable reffing), So I typically support the Netherlands National team (I don't have television to watch much other than the major tourneys)

I could have been there.

Stupid relationships and such. Girls are dumb.

Anyway yes, Brazil is looking quite frightening for us. When New Zealand can get through the World Cup group statge without a defeat, and we struggle to put a goal past Iraq or similar, it is a definate worry. Wrong team, wrong coach. Bring in Rogic and Sainsbury, the former now at Celtic but both Mariners in the past season. Stand outs.

I fully expect to get railed completely in each and every game. Maybe then the public will hate Holger as much as I do when they see our creaking ancient team up against youthful and skilled players who seem to give a damn...

*not at all passionate about this*

But Liverpool V Melbourne was massive. I caught bits here and there as I was playing at the time, the crowd looked amazing. There's a vid of YNWA being sung and it is immense.

Nice to see Aspas getting on the score sheet too. Would love to have this Suarez situation resolved though. If he goes, all that cash needs to go on a direct replacement. He is so creative and tricky in the box, you need someone like that to take the attention away from Sturridge so he can just run and shoot and run and shoot...

Looking very forward to the new season. So many changes. Who knows WHERE it'll end up. I suspect Chelsea will win it. I would LOVE for Man U to drop out of the top 4, but I don't think that will happen based on the game vs the allstars.

Never realized there where so many strong Soccer supporters here, unfortunately Canada doesn't contribute hugely to the Soccer world (although our ladies had an amazing run a year or two back, only to get knocked out due to questionable reffing), So I typically support the Netherlands National team (I don't have television to watch much other than the major tourneys)

In the Olympics yeah. Didn't see the game but I read there were some messed up calls.

I could have been there.

Stupid relationships and such. Girls are dumb.

Anyway yes, Brazil is looking quite frightening for us. When New Zealand can get through the World Cup group statge without a defeat, and we struggle to put a goal past Iraq or similar, it is a definate worry. Wrong team, wrong coach. Bring in Rogic and Sainsbury, the former now at Celtic but both Mariners in the past season. Stand outs.

I fully expect to get railed completely in each and every game. Maybe then the public will hate Holger as much as I do when they see our creaking ancient team up against youthful and skilled players who seem to give a damn...

*not at all passionate about this*

But Liverpool V Melbourne was massive. I caught bits here and there as I was playing at the time, the crowd looked amazing. There's a vid of YNWA being sung and it is immense.

Nice to see Aspas getting on the score sheet too. Would love to have this Suarez situation resolved though. If he goes, all that cash needs to go on a direct replacement. He is so creative and tricky in the box, you need someone like that to take the attention away from Sturridge so he can just run and shoot and run and shoot...

Looking very forward to the new season. So many changes. Who knows WHERE it'll end up. I suspect Chelsea will win it. I would LOVE for Man U to drop out of the top 4, but I don't think that will happen based on the game vs the allstars.

It would definitely be nice if Suarez would come to Arsenal. It would be a massive help up front where Giroud is rather lonely. Although that young french kid Sanogo might suprise everyone. He just won the u-20 World Cup.

Also 2022 World Cup during the winter? Seriously FIFA!!? Now you're just trying to piss people off. Personally I'm all for soccer being as international as possible. I loved the idea of a World Cup in Africa, and I love the idea of a World Cup in the Middle East, and a World Cup in Australia would be awesome too. But the whole soccer calendar is organised over the World Cup being in SUMMER!!! This is going to mess up all the major leagues in Europe.

Ablar do you think that Wenger will spend £50m+ on Suarez? Doesn't fit his mo at all, but it would go some way to appease the fans.

Do us (Spurs) a favour though, hold off till we've signed Soldado (if we can).

No I don't but a 40m is already enormous so whats 10 more. If Liverpool refuse they're idiots I think. Suarez wants to leave and he seems like the kind of player that you don't want on your team if he doesn't want to be.

Can there be a challenge over the 2022 WC being moved to the winter? The bid was for a summer world cup, the other bidders could bring a legal protest no?

Even if they could, would they? It'll just piss off FIFA, and I think relations between the US soccer federation and FIFA are already strained.

Apparently we want to keep him. Knocked down the 45mil offer, I'm not sure if we will take a 50. 

He's nothing but trouble though, 45 to get him off our hands seems like a good deal. However, we also need a world class player to hold it together this season while the new transfers adjust. Gerrard is too old now. I predicted we would keep Suarez until the next transfer window (if we have made a decent start) then let him go and go up for someone in the centre of the park to fill Gerrard's shoes when he retires (which should be soon) 

Mmm, I watched part of it (wasn't there for most of the beginning, and then NCIS came on and I haven't seen that in too long so got distracted) :P
I'm kinda happy for BVB to have gotten their "revanche" XD they've impressed me before and I love watching them battle Bayern, well done to them for a win.

<3 Woooohooo <3 we're European Champiooons :))

Also, just got back from my tournament, my team came 2nd.... we were missing just oooone goal to being 1st place >.< eh, still col as my "debut" :p could have been better, I was totaly motivated but coach kept me back every game to put me in after halftime which kinda very much annoyed me. I guess he had a point cos it was so hot and I tend to run the fastest, but still. Meh.

But the team did well and thats what counts <3

Big rumours floating about bale, apparently spurs have turned down £81m and told real madrid we will only let him go for £150m ($230)m.

I want him to stay, with soldado coming and the other arrivals i really think we could do something special. But if bale does want to leave then let him and use the money to rebuild.

Archived