DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Mea culpas

Basel Gill

All right. A couple of months ago, I decided to give Dr. Who a second chance. After many years of not even caring about this show one way or the other, I tried watching the start of the revival (which at the time, I thought was actually the start of the whole franchise, and I'd never even heard of the original version of the show). I'd had numerous people on assorted Orgs posting about it and I felt a need to see what all the fuss was about. What I got was a few episodes that I thought were pure trash. The two-parter introducing the Slitheen was so awful that I didn't bother with the second half, and it made me give up on the series altogether.

Fast forward about three months from there. There have still been a lot of posts discussing this show. My curiosity got the best of me, and I tried going back to it. The rest of the first season has some really stellar writing, and the acting is pretty good. (I just loved Simon Pegg's guest stint.) Right now, I'm about 3/4 into Season 2 and enjoying it. In the past year, I've had quite a few posts on DM dragging down the show and the characters. I want to take the time now to apologize for this as it was uncalled for; none of you see fit to insult how I spend my free time and I shouldn't either. If there was anyone offended by my posts, I am sorry.

That being said, the Slitheen still suck. Thus far, I think they're my least favorite villains.

and all the way in to work all I could think of was... if anyone should apologize for the Doctor Who Incident, it should be me :blush:

iirc I was excessively obnoxious and rude... even for me... on that thread... and a whovian zealot of the knock on your door with pamphlets at 9 on a Saturday morning asking if you'd accepted the time lord as your personal favorite sci-fi guru level...

I used words like philistine and... worst of all... directed you to ... *gulp* ... Mr. Ares...

mea maxima culpa.

I apologize.

Basel, if you don't like something, you should be allowed your opinions on it...But I have to say, I think you just may have had a few too many tainted brownies, which was why you didn't like it :wink:

This is from someone who saw it all long ago in a galaxy far....oh wait wrong thing...well I remember long scarves and jelly babies, and spiders on the backs...*shivers*

Enjoy it now! just another three thousand series to go...hehe!

Archived