DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The Great Gatsby

Tiinker

How come? I watched it in 3D which kinda pissed me off, but I got past it. Why would you put movies like that in 3D? It just distracts you from the stuff you should actually be paying attention to. Not to mention the glasses hurt my eyes and ears :( 

If you watch it on DVD, watch it with surround sound or something at least man. The soundtrack is an absolutely perfect fit!

• Community Administrator

How come? I watched it in 3D which kinda pissed me off, but I got past it. Why would you put movies like that in 3D? It just distracts you from the stuff you should actually be paying attention to. Not to mention the glasses hurt my eyes and ears :( 

If you watch it on DVD, watch it with surround sound or something at least man. The soundtrack is an absolutely perfect fit!

Was more interesting in seeing Ironman 3, Star Trek over Great Gatsby. can't exactly afford to see every movie that hits the theatre. :wink: 

As for the movie. If you read the book, The graphics of it is going to distract from the boring ass plot. :tongue:

Was more interesting in seeing Ironman 3, Star Trek over Great Gatsby. can't exactly afford to see every movie that hits the theatre. :wink:

As for the movie. If you read the book, The graphics of it is going to distract from the boring ass plot. :tongue:

Well not every movie, but it's DiCaprio!

I have never read it, but I plan on reading it tomorrow. Still, it doesn't stop me from wanting to rewatch it again not in 3D.

I hadn't read the book (but now I want to) and I didn't see it in 3d but I loved it! Absolutely loved it. However, when it ended I asked my husband what he thought if it and said "well, I kept waiting for it to go somewhere…and then it was over." So I guess it's got mixed reviews in this family :)

Aaah. AAAAH. AAAAAAAAAAAAAH. I LOVED IT. I love Baz Luhrman (Moulin Rouge is my absolute favourite movie ever, don't ask me why or you'll get a really long rant in reply), I love Leo DiCaprio, I love the 20's... It was so BEAUTIFUL and the actors were great and the soundtrack WOW and the costumes and make-up and visuals amazing and the camerawork brilliant and... When I get stoked about something I get very, very stoked, lol. I saw it in 2D (3D gives me migraines). Loooooove it. Wanna watch it again now.

The team Luhrman works with, especially when it comes to visuals such as props and surroundings, costumes, make-up, jewerly and styling... Wow. I loved the subtle detail that Leo's hair was dark with golden stripes; almost the exact same colors as they use in the posters and such:

great-gatsby-poster-leo-sm.jpg

My single qualm with this film was that if you focus on the love relationship between Gatsby and Daisy and let the rest of the conflicts/tensions go unnoticed then it does seem slightly pointless. I think they should have put more time into the describing Gatsby's ideals. Giving it a solid 8/10.

Archived