DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

I have a second job.

Moon Sedai

As many of you fuls and fulettes know, I work at the pits of Thakan'dar in Shayol Ghul as my real employment (Read: the entertainment department at Walmart). 

And i hate my job- although it leaves me with a strong desire to *stab* people in the face with my boxcutter, I am pretty certain I'd get in serious legal trouble if I did so. 

So, I've taken on a second job, not one strong enough for me to leave the pits, but something to let me breathe and stretch my amazing Black Ajah intellect and wit. 

I'm writing for a friend's web design company. 

He's an amazing web designer, however, his writing leaves something to be desired. 

My first writing assignment is a blog, and my first writing topic is here.

It's not the only things I'll be writing, but it is my most creative thing. I'll be doing a lot of "How-to" guides and "About our companies" and such. 

When I was in the Army, I was a 31F in the US Army Signal Corp. I was stationed in the 17th Signal Battalion at Kitzigen, Germany. Its cool to know that you and I were stationed in Germany during the same time period..I assume that you also wore the "choking chicken" 22nd Signal Brigade patch like I did?

I finally admitted to myself that I was a nerd a while back. I suppose that would have been in my freshman or sophomore year in college. When I joined the Army, my first MOS was a M1A1 Tank Turret mechanic. But when I reenlisted, I was happy to change MOS and be with my fellow nerds in the Signal Corps. 

Moon, your blog is very well written, its interesting, and also entertaining. I smiled as I read it, and I hope to read the rest of your blogs that you post on that website. I am glad that you found a second job, and I hope that everything improves for you so that you don't have to work in retail stores any more. You are much too smart to be forced to work for those knucklheaded managers and supervisors within Thakanda...AKA Wal-Mart.  :myrddraal:

31P 2nd sig. (102 Sig Bn)

Mr moon was a Fox!

22nd Sig, 440 battalion.

That's very cool. I never worked with any 31P's though. I wish being a skilled 31F, (which became a 25F,) would have been more useful in helping me find a good job after getting out of the Army. Looks like the economy bit a lot of us veterans in the butt... big time. 

• 2 weeks later...

Moon, you bore me. You should just become your own dog.

If you were, not only would you get great meals out of it, great snuggle, and stuff, but you'll get to bark and growl at strangers and everyone will think it's adorable. 

Plus, if the post office ticks you off, you can just mess on the sidewalk and walk away. 

Today I wrote about the wheel of time. 

http://landofnerds.com/2013/05/20/the-wheel-of-time-turns/

I'll write about Dragonmount later this week.

Great blog post there, Moon. I loved it. I especially like the part where you make your husband and everyone leave you alone so that you ain't interrupted while reading a new book for the very first time!!

Moon, you bore me. You should just become your own dog.

If you were, not only would you get great meals out of it, great snuggle, and stuff, but you'll get to bark and growl at strangers and everyone will think it's adorable. 

Plus, if the post office ticks you off, you can just mess on the sidewalk and walk away.

You already have a perfectly good dog who might get jealous.

Archived