DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Pinterest Project Spotlight (daily post- check back often!)

U4ea

So, I'm addicted to Pinterest, and I know I'm not alone. And if you're not, you should be. ;) There's a thousand things on that site that people post and I love it as a resource for free stuff online for just about every corner of my life. 

This month, however, we're going to focus on Arts & Crafts DIY projects. I will be posting a new one every day (unless something funky comes up). You're welcome to post things of your own, too! Let's have some fun and learn how to do new stuff this month! 

March 1st: Washer Charms- Making jewelry out of painted washers AND THEY'RE CUTE, TOO!!! 

a6922742ae56ca2d1d1b3e7bd31f9fe8.jpg

I actually did this with a different pin using only fingernail polish and washers and they turned out simply beautiful! Even 5 year old Peanut did a few and she loved it! She's already planning on giving them away as gifts! I got the idea to use fingernail polish instead of paint or scrapbook paper here, if you'd rather try that one! 

March 2nd: Smash Books/Art Journals

I absolutely love art journals and I use them as smash books, too. An art journal is a book where you create art on each page in the form of doodles or... whatever makes you happy. A smash book is like a small scrap book where you throw in anything you want and glue it down. The art journal in my purse has everything from stick ninjas to yummy pictures of Alexander Skarsgard! 

So, I found a few pins that deal with either Art Journals or Smash books or something that could go in either one. You'd be surprised how relaxing it is to just break out a book and doodle sometimes. And this is coming from someone who seriously draws stick people! 

Here is my whole art journal pin board

A few of my favorite pins are:

515e96577ff205d2fed76bdc2415c5ba.jpg

Smash Book

a6e83f44c48b37629a6050e0432f880b.jpg

Doodle pages

Among others! Go on and feel free to click through them. :) 

Today's pin, making a magnetic board from a cookie sheet and fabric!

Because we can all use something to help us organize and if you can do it for about $2, I'm a big fan.

acraftymomslife.blogspot.com/2010/07/cookie-sheet-magnet-board.html?m=1

Here's a goodie for everyone that isn't girlie AT ALL! (I know, you guys are excited, right?)

Personalized Coffee Cups! 

951fff201d8fd61dfc95ebc52704e9f1.jpg

You see, it's simple... you buy a cheap coffee (or tea, in my case) mug at the cheapest place you can find it. For me, that's the dollar store, where everything's a dollar! You doodle all over it, then you put it in the oven for 30 minutes at 350 and POOF! Awesome cups, designed by you, used by you! And CHEAP, too! 

These make awesome gifts, too, btw.... 

OK, I try to only post things that everyone can just get the stuff and do, but today's post is so awesome, I have to apologize for those who can't crochet. Find someone who can, you're going to love this! 

Ninja Turtle Masks!!! 

il_570xN.426745185_o61u.jpg

There will be one in Peanut's future... hehehehe

Archived