DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

History Channel's: The Vikings

SinisterDeath

• Community Administrator

This is a 'dramatization' of vikings culture & mythology, and what not. Not sure exactly which time-peroid(s) it takes place in, but the previews make it out to be really good.

i DVR'd this and have caught the past 2 episodes. i like this show, it reminds me of Son of Anarchy (Graphic) meets Breaking Bad (becuase you really dont like any of the characters). really good quality for History Channel and i look forward to them doing more mini series like this with history.

i DVR'd this and have caught the past 2 episodes. i like this show, it reminds me of Son of Anarchy (Graphic) meets Breaking Bad (becuase you really dont like any of the characters). really good quality for History Channel and i look forward to them doing more mini series like this with history.

From what I gather this is more than a mini series. And I think the quality can be attributed to the MGM partnership.

From what I gather this is more than a mini series. And I think the quality can be attributed to the MGM partnership.

Its probably only one season though, so mini-series is still apt.

From what I've read it sounds like there is going to be at least a season two.  On e of the costue creators talks about creating costumes for when the go to Byzantium but the don't " get there till season 2"

Huh, might be a different cast by then. If you wiki the main characters name, you'll find his existance as a pivitol historical figure, though I didn't read as far as if he got to byzantine empire or not. (though obviously other vikings did.)

I do know that there's going to be (maybe not this season?) A huge plot line on the vikings sacking... York I think... that king they mention last episode, is the reason...

• 2 weeks later...

Wow.

Loving this show.

If this keeps up.

Vikings > Game of Thrones. :wink:

BLASPHEMY!!!

:tongue:

i have a back log of like 2 shows for this on the DVR.   its a good show and i've been enjoying, certaintly on par with Breaking Bad or Walking Dead imo ... but sorry SD its no Game of Thrones or Tudors :wink:

Wow.

Loving this show.

If this keeps up.

Vikings > Game of Thrones. :wink:

BLASPHEMY!!!

:tongue:

i have a back log of like 2 shows for this on the DVR.   its a good show and i've been enjoying, certaintly on par with Breaking Bad or Walking Dead imo ... but sorry SD its no Game of Thrones or Tudors :wink:

Wish I could show you a couple of the fight scenes and then you could compare that to the one in GoT. :wink:

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So I love this show and I can't wait until season 2 starts!  And I tracked down the theme song.  In case you were wondering, the song is done by a band called Fever Ray, which is a side project by Karen of the band The Knife and her brother.  I ended up buying the whole CD and I Adore It!  

http://feverray.com/

Rollo's a punk and I want to punch him in the face!

Archived